Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I hope not. AEW is bloated with an insanely talented roster. I'm sure they'll want to add a couple of the recent WWE releases and who they can get from RoH. When they are bringing in guys like Jay Lethal they should rethink if having guys like Joey Janela, Dr. Luthor, and Marko Stint are worth having on the payroll. 

I think they will probably keep Jelly since he is one of the main guys for GCW and helps the others get work in one of the few indie promotions still going strong. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Brandon Cutler is the Young Bucks childhood friend and he along with his wife make their ring gear. The guy has a job for life. The guy is a jobber. Every fed needs their dedicated jobber.

Cutler is horrible and adds nothing interesting to the product, dude is the definition of nepotism. He can make the gear, but get him off TV 

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Grayson Waller on NXT can pull off being an influencer better than he can. He chooses to be a tender fuckboy

Theory screams ig fitness influencer. Trying to get clients.. Offer bullshit fitness contests. Sell bullshit supplements. 

Have a bootleg YouTube show 

It's gonna be weird accepting AEW has got their shit together and have cleaned out the riff-raff.  Thankfully I still have the Roast of Jericho to look forward to until AEW finally tells him to take a hike, too.  

Vince typically doesn't work programs with people these days unless he sees top guy/longterm recurring character potential in them.  Remember, Austin Theory debuted on the main roster first as part of Zelina's group before joining The Way on NXT, so clearly Vince has always had an eye on him.  Keep in mind, Vince's eye is probably geared more towards how Austin Theory has such a goofy countenance that he sees him more for douching it up on camera than whatever in-ring acumen he has otherwise unless Theory starts going on a Nia Jax injury rampage.  

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, scorp said:

I expect a bunch of contracts to end soon.

Thanks for helping grow the company from

the start, but let’s face it… You don’t put butts in seats. 

Let the fat trimming begin. 

I disagree. She had a decent following. She's one of the only black wrestlers/poc... People are looking for representation in the stuff you see on TV. 

Also it's less likely the fact she wasn't "bringing butts in seats" and more crohns if anything or her public critism of the lack of representation overall on tv. She pushed for more women getting chances on tv behind the scenes as well as online. She's a vocal advocate and people very much loved her for it 

Edited by Maxx
12 hours ago, Maxx said:

I disagree. She had a decent following. She's one of the only black wrestlers/poc... People are looking for representation in the stuff you see on TV. 

Also it's less likely the fact she wasn't "bringing butts in seats" and more crohns if anything or her public critism of the lack of representation overall on tv. She pushed for more women getting chances on tv behind the scenes as well as online. She's a vocal advocate and people very much loved her for it 

I could never take her name seriously. She wasn't swole at all.

She was also very meh in the ring, was never excited to see Big Swole.

And for POC, I'm pretty sure Jade and Velvet exist and are both in a spotlight.

Edited by scorp

I think Jade is getting the TBS Championship. I figure she'll have a run like Miro did with the TNT. Speaking of which, I really like Miro's current gimmick. If you would have told me about the Redeemer gimmick,  I would thought it was silly. However in action, I like it a lot. 

Side note: I REALLY don't like the term People of Color. Colored People was bad but People of Color is cool? WTF kind shit is that. I like it about as much as my Puerto Rican co-worker likes Latinx. Would the Angry Black Man stereotype fly if it was Black Man of Anger. 🙄

23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF kind shit is that.

Whatever Twitter say is ok for that month.

Will be "Non-Whities" in a year.

But I digress, no point in getting into a racial discussion in this wrestling thread. We aren't 1980s Crockett fans.

Edited by scorp
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think Jade is getting the TBS Championship. I figure she'll have a run like Miro did with the TNT. Speaking of which, I really like Miro's current gimmick. If you would have told me about the Redeemer gimmick,  I would thought it was silly. However in action, I like it a lot. 

Side note: I REALLY don't like the term People of Color. Colored People was bad but People of Color is cool? WTF kind shit is that. I like it about as much as my Puerto Rican co-worker likes Latinx. Would the Angry Black Man stereotype fly if it was Black Man of Anger. 🙄

People of color refer to other races.. Not specifically black people. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

I could never take her name seriously. She wasn't swole at all.

She was also very meh in the ring, was never excited to see Big Swole.

And for POC, I'm pretty sure Jade and Velvet exist and are both in a spotlight.

Jade is super green compared to swole. She needs to be carried in alot of her matches. Velvet is cool but you talked about butts in seats... Swole did that far more than velvet. I saw more talk around people liking swole than jade. Swole also fought for people like velvet to get more shine on tv behind the scenes. She had to fight to get a storylime going for the other shows because they were only giving dynamite stories at the time. 

16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Swole did that far more than velvet. I saw more talk around people liking swole than jade. Swole also fought for people like velvet to get more shine on tv behind the scenes.

Damn, it's the opposite for me lol

I don't disagree, Jade is greener, but I dunno.. Swole never had "it" for me.

I do wish her the best though, Crohn's ain't no joke.

Just now, scorp said:

Damn, it's the opposite for me lol

I don't disagree, Jade is greener, but I dunno.. Swole never had "it" for me.

I do wish her the best though, Crohn's ain't no joke.

Sorry meant to say more people liked swole than velvet. 

Jade is viral she's Def the most popular woman. And aew is building her up so they can use that. I literally see pics of jade in random ass non wrestling groups lol. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's still a roundabout way of saying colored people. For the life of me I can't see how that's ok.

Then use a different term to discuss non white people I dunno. Jeezus. Not the point right now. 

Edited by Maxx
46 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Sorry meant to say more people liked swole than velvet. 

Jade is viral she's Def the most popular woman. And aew is building her up so they can use that. I literally see pics of jade in random ass non wrestling groups lol. 

Yeah I wish Swole the best. I liked her better than Velvet and I got the feeling the fans did as well. She had an energy about her that just seemed to bring the hype. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The problem with Velvet is that she's a expy for Brandi who is heavily divisive in the AEW fandom. It's doing her no favors.

She definitely needs more conditioning too.

Works a very spot heavy moveset that shows her shortcomings. That's why the AEW botch twitters love her so much.

Jade has a safe moveset that doesn't show her weaknesses as much. But both will definitely get better.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wonder if Jade was trained by Mark Henry. I know he recruited her when he was in WWE. I see a lot of Mark in her ring work. 

Just give her the World's Strongest Slam!

But seriously... I'd love to see her with a torture rack.

Edited by scorp