Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Shit like this is why I’ve always had such a hard time watching Joshi. They’ll spend 30+ Minutes trying to commit murder on the other  with spots like these but the finish will be something dumb like a drop kick. 

The commit murder aspect is what I enjoy about Joshi but I didn't see how that spot could have gone right. It was fucked no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The commit murder aspect is what I enjoy about Joshi but I didn't see how that spot could have gone right. It was fucked no matter what.

I hate the murder. I wish joshis worked a more lucha heavy style and not strong style kings road murder Japanese. It's one of the biggest reasons they tend to retire before 30...that and being ageist as fuck. But they are so talented I see some of them and want America to take them away. Japan doesn't deserve them 😕

18 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Completely out of the blue. Usually SRS post when he hears rumblings of when releases are coming.

Seems like she asked for a release. She apparently made some recent comment in an interview about sitting in catering that might have led to this. 

Imo wrestlers need to Chill and bury their feelings til spring. Covid is heating up, it's not a great time to be leaving jobs. 

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Why do people defend Gatoh Move?  The more I watch it the more it looks like amateur softcore thanks to the different venues.  Is it supposed to be a parody fed like Chikara and DDT but because Japanese humor is usually dry it looks to be played straight in my Western bias?

First time hearing of it

So I'm scrolling down my FB, I see an ad about a documentary on this killer clown who used to lure young men under the guise of mentorship and friendship, do unspeakable things to them then murder them.

Anyways, his name is John Wayne Gacy, I kept thinking I've heard that last name. Then it hit me, Joe Gacy from NXT, he also kinda favors the real life serial killer. I don't think that's a coincidence, if he did that on purpose, my God.....

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

So I'm scrolling down my FB, I see an ad about a documentary on this killer clown who used to lure young men under the guise of mentorship and friendship, do unspeakable things to them then murder them.

Anyways, his name is John Wayne Gacy, I kept thinking I've heard that last name. Then it hit me, Joe Gacy from NXT, he also kinda favors the real life serial killer. I don't think that's a coincidence, if he did that on purpose, my God.....

He's had the name Joe Gacy since before NXT, and on the Indies he was known as the Unwanted Psycho and Chainsaw Gacy.  It was definitely on purpose.

30 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Like my cousin said, Tony Khan just said Swole was garbage cuz she implied he was racist, I don't think he actually meant it. That's how we see it atleast 

When he started with himself I was laughing so hard. I refused to believe it was a real tweet... Like nigga...you are brown Shane McMahon. You have family money 

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

This is like Vince saying Tucker isn’t a good wrestler after letting him go. He isn’t wrong!

There are just too many people who are far worse for him to have said that. Ain't no one running in for Joey janella. Tony feels butt hurt and went and told us about his black friends. 

He doesn't get diversity isn't about what you did today or this month.. But what are your song up for the future. Her thing has always been about more than just herself

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

There are just too many people who are far worse for him to have said that. Ain't no one running in for Joey janella. Tony feels butt hurt and went and told us about his black friends. 

He doesn't get diversity isn't about what you did today or this month.. But what are your song up for the future. Her thing has always been about more than just herself

I agree. And I believe he’s clamping down and a bunch of people are gone once their contract expires. 

A Latino is winning the womens title next. So I wouldn’t worry about diversity. 

It's like, they got Nyla, a transgender Native American, two openly gay black male wrestlers, Jade arguably gettin the biggest push out of all female wrestlers not named Britt Baker and Dante Martin gettin pushed 

I wanna say AEW pretty diverse, but I've also missed alot of episodes to see if what Swole says has some truth to it

Anybody wanna enlighten me more? 

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

It's like, they got Nyla, a transgender Native American, two openly gay black male wrestlers, Jade arguably gettin the biggest push out of all female wrestlers not named Britt Baker and Dante Martin gettin pushed 

I wanna say AEW pretty diverse, but I've also missed alot of episodes to see if what Swole says has some truth to it

Swole is just sour and going for the low hanging fruit. Tony put her in her place.

You ain’t even swole. 

on the surface it looks diverse but thats the meat of it. in alot of the cases they arent doing anything meaningful. so many of them have come close to winning something big and then aew just drops it like it was a tease. The women for two years have been straight abysmal and because minorities make up a smaller percentage minority women by comparison do even worse.

He hired lio right when this stuff was heating up and i refuse to believe that was a coincidence. aew has screamed they are the face of the age of wrestling being inclusive...but they always dodge this issue instead of speaking about it truthfully and head on.

Tony puts his foot in his mouth and literally will take credit for everything without thinking. that womens event in nwa...he took credit for it lmfao.

He isnt genuine. he clearly cant take critcism. and pushed into a corner hes gonna act like its everyone elses fault but his own.

Honestly I kinda felt Swole was salty and wrote her off, but reading these responses about the type of shit Tony pulls, I kind of want to look into it more to see if Swole has a point. Cuz I was only looking at the diversity on a surface level, but now I don't think any of the folks I mentioned won a big time match or championship. 

Tbh, most of the minorities are kinda booked like shit now that I think about it, besides Jade. I've complained awhile about Nyla's booking, now way she should be losing certain matches. I hope Tony isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing, he's my last hope for US wrestling 

Honestly I kinda felt Swole was salty and wrote her off, but reading these responses about the type of shit Tony pulls, I kind of want to look into it more to see if Swole has a point. Cuz I was only looking at the diversity on a surface level, but now I don't think any of the folks I mentioned won a big time match or championship. 

Tbh, most of the minorities are kinda booked like shit now that I think about it, besides Jade. I've complained awhile about Nyla's booking, now way she should be losing certain matches. I hope Tony isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing, he's my last hope for US wrestling 

The worst part is jade is still green. So many other women are more ready than her. 

46 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The worst part is jade is still green. So many other women are more ready than her. 

Yea, Jade definitely needs work, I'd imagine her being built like a goddess probably got her fast tracked. I personally don't think she should win the TBS title yet give it to Ruby so Jade can get those reps in and eventually be decent in the ring

I feel like she can be part of the future of the company if given time to iron out her issu

EDIT : Sean Dean made a post about today's incident, seems like damage control but idk

Edited by HD-Man

Khan and his team need to just not say anything else publicly or it's gonna seem like he sending them out there control the situation. 

And now, I'm thinking the TBS championship match might have an issue, they may change the booking to actually have Jade win due to the shit storms today. Whether what Swole says is true or not, I'd rather not have Jade with a belt til she's ready 

EDIT: And now Hobbs has spoken on the situation 

Edited by HD-Man

What's hilarious is, whether Swole is good or not in the ring, nobody ever complained about her skills UNTIL she spoke out against AEW, now suddenly she was never any good, according to Tony (who previously praised her wrestling btw, the article is out there) and the fans. And these the same ppl who'd sing a released wrestlers praises if they spoke out against WWE

Now you got all these other minority AEW employees coming out of the woodwork to do damage control for Tony, making it seem as if maybe what Swole said has some validity, so he directing his black guys to do PR. lol

Honestly, Swole said what she said quite respectfully whether ppl agree with how she feels or not and she never singled anybody out in particular, she directed it at the company in generals booking of minorities. The more this drags out, the more I see Maxx point😂

Edited by HD-Man
On 12/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, scorp said:

I could never take her name seriously. She wasn't swole at all.

She was also very meh in the ring, was never excited to see Big Swole.

And for POC, I'm pretty sure Jade and Velvet exist and are both in a spotlight.

Just proof that I never liked Big Swole to begin with!

Also Swole basically took a massive dump on the TBS Title match on Wednesday.

Now if Jade wins the narrative will be "It's only cause she's black and Tony wants to prove he's not racist".

Now if Ruby wins the narrative will be "AEW is racist and not diverse enough, now a black woman got buried".

Swole was already shitting on Jade crying that Jade got pushed instead of her a couple months ago, now if Jade wins a championship Swole is gonna create a narrative that Jade is just a token. Good job Swole, you helped bury a black star.

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Also Swole basically took a massive dump on the TBS Title match on Wednesday.

Now if Jade wins the narrative will be "It's only cause she's black and Tony wants to prove he's not racist".

Now if Ruby wins the narrative will be "AEW is racist and not diverse enough, now a black woman got buried".

Swole was already shitting on Jade crying that Jade got pushed instead of her a couple months ago, now if Jade wins a championship Swole is gonna create a narrative that Jade is just a token. Good job Swole, you helped bury a black star.

Like I was saying before it sucks jade is gonna win. The plan was always for her to win but she just isn't ready. So when your flaws get exposed that's gonna be the narrative.. Giving black people a chance and they are shit type logic. 

18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Like I was saying before it sucks jade is gonna win. The plan was always for her to win but she just isn't ready. So when your flaws get exposed that's gonna be the narrative.. Giving black people a chance and they are shit type logic. 

Yea that whole "affirmative action" thing.

But that's America's fault for treating black people like shit for so long, not giving talented ones opportunities and then relying on giving less talented one opportunities to make up for centuries of racism.

trailer-park-boys-the-way-she-goes.gif

19 hours ago, scorp said:

I still hate when wrestlers bring race into shit all the time. This ain’t the 70-90s where only white dudes were highlighted. Just makes you sound salty but at least Twitter has your back because those morons are easily manipulated. 

That was the main roster WWE's best weapon last year, at one time all of their champions were brown or immigrants.  Meanwhile in AEW it was All Elite Whiteboyz

In a much scarier note, Omicron can apparently ignore immunity so being fully boosted does little to stop its spread.  And as a result...

It'll be easy to talk about a Sloppy Shop but given where AEW operates, don't be shocked if there's an outbreak in the other side soon enough.

Prayers up for Roman.

Edited by Psychoblue