Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Oh shit, Roman got Covid so they added Brock to the Big E 4 way match at Day 1. Lesnar and Lashley in the same match at one time 👀

THANK YOU, MR. REIGNS

That match sounds fun. Seems like Vince does his best work when original plans go awry lol

9 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Everyone was hoping for it to have been one vs one but we finally get Lashley vs. Lesnar.

They can take this Day 1 match right here and build towards Lashley vs Lesnar, that's a Mania match easily and they are in the perfect position to start getting to that point. I'm honestly VERY hype for this Day 1 match

Hate Roman got Covid but I definitely did not want another rematch with Brock, it's too predictable. This is a blessing in disguise 

57 minutes ago, scorp said:

Is this for Big E's title?

Is the mediocre run over?

It's for the title, and I thought his run was OK, but they clearly aren't booking him to be Seen on the same or similar level as Reigns and it shows. Which is abit of the problem I had with Lashley's run, they never actually main rented PPVs

It's for the title, and I thought his run was OK, but they clearly aren't booking him to be Seen on the same or similar level as Reigns and it shows. Which is abit of the problem I had with Lashley's run, they never actually main rented PPVs

But Lashley got to be booked like a monster. He didn't eat a loss until he had to drop the title. Big E isn't getting that. 

I think he has about 6 or 7 losses on TV since winning too. It's been brutal.

But I'm sure Big Swole is happy cause he has a title.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

But Lashley got to be booked like a monster. He didn't eat a loss until he had to drop the title. Big E isn't getting that. 

Lashley run wasn't bad, loved it actually, just him never ever main eventing any PPV bothered me, that aside his run was great, even got a big clean win over Drew at Mania, the guy who beat Lesnar

Big E, while I like his character and his matches are OK, I can tell they're not putting their best effort forward to make him a bigger deal. Dude is about as good as you can ask, big and can wrestle and talk, is superb with media, a shame really

And I don't think Swole would like E's less than stellar booking despite the title. Her main complaint seems to be that even tho minorities are on TV, they aren't exactly pushed correctly, usually stop and start pushes or just lazy booking. She probably does appreciate that E won the belt and does get plenty screen time despite her issues 

Edited by HD-Man
4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

And I don't think Swole would like E's less than stellar booking despite the title. Her main complaint seems to be that even tho minorities are on TV, they aren't exactly pushed correctly, usually stop and start pushes or just lazy booking. She probably does appreciate that E won the belt and does get plenty screen time despite her issues 

Her main complaint with minorities on TV is how some of them ain't authentic. As weak as Big E is being booked he definitely doesn't have that problem. Neither does someone like Bianca. I'm sure she doesn't like someone like Brandi going out there acting like a character out of a Tyler Perry movie. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Her main complaint with minorities on TV is how some of them ain't authentic. As weak as Big E is being booked he definitely doesn't have that problem. Neither does someone like Bianca. I'm sure she doesn't like someone like Brandi going out there acting like a character out of a Tyler Perry movie. 

Brandi is awful, albeit I was briefly entertained by her Jerry Springer antics. She was positioned as a big thing when AEW started, but she's just not likeable. She's hot but not likeable, she comes off as a black person who watches movies on stereotypical black ppl and goes from there 🤣

Booked Big E to lose most of his championship run, never main evented a PPV except for with Roman who main events everything, then have him NOT come out last during a title bout, which is standard AND then have him eat the pin.. 

And somehow, ppl will say he's not good enough even though he was booked for failure. He made the best of it, but the company clearly wasn't fully behind him for whatever reason

Granted, we probably get Lashley vs Lesnar finally, but Big E was sacrificed to get to that point

(side note: how you gone do a PPV in Atlanta, book the Migos and have all the black wrestlers lose?) 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Edited by HD-Man
9 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Booked Big E to lose most of his championship run, never main evented a PPV except for with Roman who main events everything, then have him NOT come out last during a title bout, which is standard AND then have him eat the pin.. 

And somehow, ppl will say he's not good enough even though he was booked for failure. He made the best of it, but the company clearly wasn't fully behind him for whatever reason

Granted, we probably get Lashley vs Lesnar finally, but Big E was sacrificed to get to that point

(side note: how you gone do a PPV in Atlanta, book the Migos and have all the black wrestlers lose?) 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

This was supposed to be Big E's moment overcoming the odds but the Ultimate Honkey will not be denied.

@scorpThe Most Elite Whiteboy remains in the Fed and his name is BROCK LESNAR

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/news-original-winner-wwe-title-match-brock-lesnar-s-inclusion-seemingly-revealed

Edited by Psychoblue
3 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

On the Becky/Liv match you see the difference between Becky and Charlotte. Becky made sure to sell, sell, sell and make Liv look like a threat meanwhile the other haha nope.

I said it in the NBA discord, but when I saw Liv the week after FyterFest CEO at a house show, there was some it factor about her despite being in a lower midcard match as a mute heel. Hopefully it's not the end of her push.  

25 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Man all these pictures of Brock with fans all over social media.... What has gotten into Brock lately? First he gets promo skills from God knows where and now he is accessible to fans? This must be proof that the multiverse exists....

He's always had promo skills... He just didn't have confidence. Look at how Eddie fued... Funniest brock ever

Edited by Maxx

I've told ppl for years Brock could cut a promo and had actual charisma, he just hid it due to whatever issues with himself. Maxx probably hit it on the head with the confidence 

I remember him cutting a decent promo along time ago, I wanna say it was on SD after stealing an ATV from Stone Cold, I saw his potential then. Then you had the Eddie Guerrero stuff, and recently, Duplex City, and Boombox Brock showin he could be engaging in another way

Glad he's finally realized it fully, he's arguably the best he's ever been. If he'd start wrestling more like classic Brock instead of only suplexes with the promo skill he's showcasing now, he'd be unfuckwitable

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

What tf is AEW doing with Jay Lethal? They did fuck all with him since losing to Sammy and losing that rumble match. Now they got him wrestling a nobody on Dark after being missing for like forever 

They're kinda wasting a guy who's better than 70% of the locker room. Dude should be doing something meaningful 

There's only so much screen time to go around.  

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, they're rushing Lashley vs Lesnar at the Rumble huh? Now I'm less interested knowing the outcome now, all gonna lead to Brock vs Roman for 753rd  time unification match at Mania 😪

Their matches have been bangers so I'm down.  But I don't think that's gonna be the case. 

4 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

It actually works for him instead of looking like a semi generic bald guy that WWE has stocked up on.

I really enjoyed that interview. I like him a lot more when he has Keanu mannerisms when talking haha 

50 minutes ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

Bron the new NXT champ as expected, but that Rick Steiner apparence tho 👀

Maybe he'll finally shed that Breakker name and use his family name from now on. Bron Steiner sounds much better 

I know right? Just let him accept his damn name. We ain’t marks from the 1970s where we don’t know he’s a damn Steiner. 

6 hours ago, scorp said:

I really enjoyed that interview. I like him a lot more when he has Keanu mannerisms when talking haha 

I know right? Just let him accept his damn name. We ain’t marks from the 1970s where we don’t know he’s a damn Steiner. 

It would be nice since the announcers and other wrestlers don't bother to hide the fact he's a Steiner. Might as well give him the name.

At this point i suspect it's going to be a situation like Michael McG/Curtis Axel where they give him everything but the name.  What's funny is that if they change the name back to Steiner they'll have to do nothing to switch him up, it'll just happen one day and Breakker will disappear like Kofi's accent.  

The New Breed has taken their throne, and thus the Era of Love and Aces begins in earnest on 2.0!