Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Brons intro was straight up disrespectful to the black and gold NXT too, no doubt a Vince idea. He symbolically and physically crushed the original brand, Vince rubbing salt in the wound at this point 

More likely an Ace/Love idea but yeah, this was suppoed to be the final insult.  Now it's time to see what things look like with the final embers put out.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

I have to give Bron credit, the guy was put in the title scene from day one and managed to not have the fans turn on him.

Dude wrestles like his dad and sounds like his uncle, no way they'd turn on him. He doesn't seem like the product of Vince, Bron seems like he's generally just being himself, I think fans can feel that 

If he can cut promos half as good as Scott, he's a certified hall of famer, even im on his side and I hate 2.0 overall

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Yea, Bron is hard to not like.

Hope he's on NXT for a long time and not touching the main event until Broman are out of the picture or close to retiring.

Honestly 2.0 has been enjoyable for me. I don't care that it's not super indy black n gold roh Jr. So far it's done a good job. I love black n gold but this is enjoyable plus there is so much wrestling on tv who cares in the end. Trick, Carmelo, Bron, msk, so much good shit on there 

53 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Dude wrestles like his dad and sounds like his uncle, no way they'd turn on him. He doesn't seem like the product of Vince, Bron seems like he's generally just being himself, I think fans can feel that 

If he can cut promos half as good as Scott, he's a certified hall of famer, even im on his side and I hate 2.0 overall

I dunno if he can replicate Scott's brand of crazy, but I would appreciate in-match banter like this

As we said earlier, Roddy is likely going to replace one of the trainer guys.  That JP guy from the Diamond Mine you knew wasn't going to the main roster at his age so his exposure on TV felt like a polite way of telling him he's on notice but they'll let him show up on international TV as a recurring side guy to show your kids.  

We'll see if Joe gets the boot today but he's been shown prominently in those tryout vids so he may also be in line to get one of those spots.  

26 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

As we said earlier, Roddy is likely going to replace one of the trainer guys.  That JP guy from the Diamond Mine you knew wasn't going to the main roster at his age so his exposure on TV felt like a polite way of telling him he's on notice but they'll let him show up on international TV as a recurring side guy to show your kids.  

We'll see if Joe gets the boot today but he's been shown prominently in those tryout vids so he may also be in line to get one of those spots.  

I think Joe has already moved into a scout role. I don't think that regal angle was an angle

16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL every month my theory proves more right lmfao. 

It's the only explanation that makes sense right now, there's no reason to most of these releases, ain't no way these latest are budget cuts. 

And Bivens has worn me over. I been sleep on him 🤣

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Well considering Fenix's freak injury, I believe it was the most reasonable thing to do considering the circumstances

Fair point. I've watched wrestling long enough to know that injuries can change the intended victor. I don't think that was the case though. I could be wrong but they made a point to highlight Jungle Boys mom and sister being in attendance. They did same for Jade's Husband and daughter. It seemed like they were tipping their hand for who'd win the watch. To me, I wouldn't let the TV audience know about their presence until after the match is concluded. That was a really rough debut for Dynamite on TBS. 

Side note: Jade's push reminds me of Goldberg's. Both were green wrestlers that had/have a great look.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: Jade's push reminds me of Goldberg's. Both were green wrestlers that had/have a great look.

Yep. Gotta keep the squashes going on TV while she trains more.

Then I'm waiting for Serena to use the cow prod on her!

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

KO wife tested positive for covid. Owens will be gone for a while.

It’s interesting reading they kept some guys off the road for the PPV but let Owens keep chugging along prior to this news coming out that’s messed up. They need to cut back on live dates they make enough money and shouldn’t give a shit anyways.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It’s pretty obvious this match showed two things: 1)She’s is still not ready for long matches and maybe down the line she will as for now keep them short. 2)For years people online would swear Ruby is a great worker etc. this match disproved a lot she’s okay and that’s the most you can expect out of her honestly. In all fairness her AEW run doesn’t feel that special more like just another body that at least has been on tv.

Tony probably has his calendar marked with every date of each individual women once those 90 days are up so he can start bringing them in. Women who can not only go but also be credible challengers to Jade because she will need them.

Edited by Grimmjow316
5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

... So when's the next promotion he starts lol 

This is the one time I genuinely hope AEW decides to hire an ex-wwe guy. Sapolsky just *gets* wrestling and I feel he could really help AEW in so many ways when it comes to production, pacing and angle structures. Not to mention he’s so well respected by tons of modern talent in the business across several promotions. He’s also worked with close to everyone current employed in AEW from talent and production. 

Is he perfect?  Naw. He did a lot of questionable things in every promotion he’s been in charge of but who hasn’t? And imo, he’s had way more hits than misses than any modern producer/booker

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

This is the one time I really hope AEW hires an ex-wwe guy. Sapolsky just *gets* wrestling and I feel he could really help AEW in so many ways when it comes to production, pacing and angle structures. Not to mention he’s so well respected by tons of modern talent in the business across several promotions.

Is he perfect?  Naw. He did a lot of questionable things in every promotion he’s been in charge of but who hasn’t? And imo, he’s had way more hits than misses. 

i agree on all points. dude literally built what the indies are today....without him we literally got nothing.