Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Kenny Omega trending for making fun of someone's pfp calling him a pedo, but the receipts of him wrestling children are coming in hot.  

Remember when Kenny's first response to hiring a sex offender for one of the CEO shows was to complain about people being mad?  Take it from me, Tyson, the internet never forgets.

Edited by Psychoblue
6 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Maybe Nick Khan was onto something taking everyone's social media privileges away beyond greed.

I hate brining this one up but Sammy didn’t do himself any favors either. But WWE guys aren’t much better like Oddesy Jones getting heat for his post on a LGBT story. All this shows us is wrestlers are stupid.

Edited by Grimmjow316
51 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

"Listen vince, why pay a bunch of lower midcarders we're never gonna move up the ladder when we can get midcarders on loan from other feds to work with the guys we actually want to keep?"

16 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

"Listen vince, why pay a bunch of lower midcarders we're never gonna move up the ladder when we can get midcarders on loan from other feds to work with the guys we actually want to keep?"

More or less this is buying candy. Hire some indy or other fed people for short stints to boost ratings and then dump them after. Make it look like ratings are good when it's more or less inflated dude to other feds bring involved

Yep, you guys read my mind. But a positive of this is they can keep things fresh so we won't get 8 million rematches every show. Gettin some big indy names in the mix every so often will keep ppl engaged 

Honestly never thought I'd see something like this in a Vince led WWE 

They’re going back to territory days carney shenanigans. But this time it’s one of the positive carney shenanigans from the territory days. 

bring in outside talent to make your talent look better and then build off that. If the crowd responds to talent well (and in this case, ratings respond well) drive the narrative of they proved themselves that they belong among the best of the best. 

7 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Oh man

I was always a big Haas fan, he showed flashes of personality and charisma during the adultery stuff and they could have built something off the cosplay stuff, but it was never his turn despite being stellar everywhere else.  i also got heavy into late 2000s ROH because of the WGTT reunion.

Get well soon Charlie!

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

WWE is only capable of booking Brock, Charlotte and Reigns well, to hell with everyone else apparently. And you can't really give them Brock or Reigns cuz Heyman is writing for those two

Remember when people always wanted Vince back on TV, do you think that sentiment has changed?
Because it's always him and Austin Theory, with Vince saying "grr guh gruhh gruhh grumm grummhh"

55 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

WWE is only capable of booking Brock, Charlotte and Reigns well, to hell with everyone else apparently. And you can't really give them Brock or Reigns cuz Heyman is writing for those two

Not that it excuses the quality of the rest of the show, but the idea that you have your main cast and then it's everyone else is a philosophy that's been around since combat sports became a spectator venture. WWF's best years were always building around one guy or one segment throughout the show until it finally happens at the end.  They need to book the undercard better but there needs to be guys and girls on top.  

Stan Hansen mentioned that in his book, when everyone is a top guy, no one is a top guy.  

Edited by Psychoblue

I understand everyone isn't a top guy but there is no excuse for constant terrible booking. Part of what made the Attitude and Ruthless era great was that everyone had a defined character and a decent storyline, even the mid to lower card guys. Sure not everything was a hit, but they hit more than they missed 

Now it's only top guys that get coherent material, the rest just get darts thrown at a wall. It's possible to have interesting stuff for your supporting cast as well as your main characters. But the fact WWE is going to continue to make money hand over despite itself doesn't give them much incentive to do better 

Edited by HD-Man
45 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

SirLariato is a goddamn loon.  When that story broke out about Kota Ibushi not knowing who Vince McMahon, he was leading the circlejerk until I said “how the hell did he pull that off?” And then he lectured me about how Vince is only big in the US.  When I pointed out that as a wrestler you’d have to live under a rock to not know who Vince is, he doubled down on my painfully western takes until I told him he needs to give the weebing a rest and return to reality.  

good for highlight clips though

5 hours ago, scorp said:

Remember when people always wanted Vince back on TV, do you think that sentiment has changed?
Because it's always him and Austin Theory, with Vince saying "grr guh gruhh gruhh grumm grummhh"

I missed this but he’s like Al Davis toward the end of his life.  The senile years are erasing his legacy and all the success prior

EDIT:  The forbidden door also includes the one to courtrooms

Edited by Psychoblue