Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Seeing Britt Baker use Seth's curb stomp still makes me giggle (I know Seth ain't invent the move) 😂

Wardlow's theme song is awful, seems like random noise with occasional lyrics

EDIT : Wardlow just murdered Punk with like a million powerbombs. Punk put Wardlow tf over even tho he lost

Edited by HD-Man
9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I'm gonna have to watch it for myself because that sounds about as far opposite as putting over as you can get.  Sounds like prime Super Cena.  

Punk won with a lucky schoolboy rollup, Wardlow actually had him pinned for the win but MJF keep ordering him to continue killing Punk. Punk "won" but he was pretty much dead at the end. He didn't move after the match, and he barely got any offense during the match 

EDIT: I notice Lio ain't with Dante anymore too, i think we know why 😂

Also, Jericho slipped and said we are gonna dominate this country. Ironic when you consider what his wife did on January 6th

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, HD-Man said:

Punk won with a lucky schoolboy rollup, Wardlow actually had him pinned for the win but MJF keep ordering him to continue killing Punk. Punk "won" but he was pretty much dead at the end. He didn't move after the match, and he barely got any offense during the match 

Oh, you mean the backhanded push like how most of Samoa Joe's losses would go before another injury would come up and upend his feud with whoever got the freak pin?  Okie dokie.

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Oh, you mean the backhanded push like how most of Samoa Joe's losses would go before another injury would come up and upend his feud with whoever got the freak pin?  Okie dokie.

Dude, actually watch it. it was a complete fluke victory that MJF inadvertently caused. Trust me, it's not some Cena or burial situation 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

I was curious how this would go. Garcia is a technical wrestler. Him being with 2.0 has made him in only brawling fueds which is fucking weird

I unfortunately haven't been able to catch Garcia's matches, this is my first, dude technical and agrressive as fuck, I definitely see shades of Brian Danielson in him. I was super impressed with how smooth he could transition into a submission or reversal. Him and Sammy really gelled together and told a good story in the ring

They definitely need more matches together, I could easily see them putting on some match of the year contenders 

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah they've been teasing it for a long time now. Honestly though Wardlow would have bopped him by now.

Nah they been long term booking alot of people. They been heavily hinting the turn more recently. I 100% believe they extemded rhe fuck outta the mjf vs jericho feud because of all the good press they wede getting. Fuck.. They won awards for it 😂

Just now, Psychoblue said:

Was Adam Cole always this short?  I know not everyone needs to be Braun Strowman but dear lord, wrestlers are supposed to be the big hitbox/tall hurtbox characters.  El Fuerte was cancer as was Evil Uno/Rufus!  

Lol oh gawd rhe fucking adam Cole height issue again. Yes out of this group cole is probably the shortest 5'6-5'8.

No wrestlers arent supposed to be anything. You think mexican wrestlers are default 6'5 or japanese? 

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lol oh gawd rhe fucking adam Cole height issue again. Yes out of this group cole is probably the shortest 5'6-5'8.

No wrestlers arent supposed to be anything. You think mexican wrestlers are default 6'5 or japanese? 

They should be!   They just need to ween off the criminal stalking and domestic issues, and not be as charismatic as a dried rag!

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

They should be!   They just need to ween off the criminal stalking and domestic issues, and not be as charismatic as a dried rag!

spacer.png

You literally didnt help your case at fuckin all... Its literally hilarious you thought yeah they should be and went to del fucking rio. Like wtf 

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Honestly Wardlow needs a different finisher than Generic Powerbomb no. 2. Can't just shake the whole Batista aura if he keeps using that.

I'm fine with the power bomb, but personally I think Wardlow should ask Kevin Nash's blessing to use the Jacknife. Much cooler looking variant of the powerbomb, and I don't think anybody else is using it now 

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm fine with the power bomb, but personally I think Wardlow should ask Kevin Nash's blessing to use the Jacknife. Much cooler looking variant of the powerbomb, and I don't think anybody else is using it now 

Plus I don't think he'd have any problem if someone else used it.  Nash has been all but completely retired and his willingness to help young guys since WCW shut down is well known.  

And ADR had everything you could want in a wrestler other than charisma and discipline outside the ring.  He was a freak athlete with a legitimate amateur/MMA background with a family steeped in wrestling history, but that's not enough to be the man.  

Edited by Psychoblue
4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Plus I don't think he'd have any problem if someone else used it.  Nash has been all but completely retired and his willingness to help young guys since WCW shut down is well known.  

And ADR had everything you could want in a wrestler other than charisma and discipline outside the ring.  He was a freak athlete with a legitimate amateur/MMA background with a family steeped in wrestling history, but that's not enough to be the man.  

Dont hold that mma career too close to the vest. He lost to everyone good... Lookon at his record its padded as fuck 

He most definitely wasnt a freak athlete. Lmfao wat? 

Edited by Maxx

Bro, ADR moved like someone 100 pounds lighter.  He was lightning smooth at his best despite being a little bit bigger than Edge.  He was the closest I'd seen to prime Inoki on mainstream TV when it came to combining that height with that athleticism and mat work.

It's easy to hate now because of all the shit he's been involved with since, but when he first showed up it was quite obvious that WWE wasn't completely wrong to try and make him a big deal, fairly quick.  I still remember when he was everyone's favorite again as Alberto Del Patron after he left WWE the first time for beating up a racist (allegedly, given what we know about ADR now who knows if he was just trying to make excuses)  He just couldn't get out of his own way.  

EDIT:  And if it wasn't clear I was trying to troll when you mentioned Mexican wrestlers being 6'5" because that was what most people thought when word of Dos Caras getting signed first made rounds.  An occasional underdog sized guy is fine but there's plenty of big boy free agents nowadays where you can get some legitimate size on TV that won't work sloppy with you like Brian Cage or Luchasaurus.  Wardlow is a good start but I wanna see more Hobbs WINNING on Dynamite.  

EDIT2:  And speaking of quality bigs, glad he's back and alright.  

Edited by Psychoblue
32 minutes ago, scorp said:

Not his finisher.

Powerbomb Symphony is just what he uses to torment jobbers and an angle move like he did against Punk.

Actual finisher is Casualty of War.

wardlow-knee.gif

Or a super F5

wardlow-aew.gif

giphy.gif

Out of those three he should stick with the Powerbomb.  It's the same issue I had with Roman keeping the spear after he debuted the Superman Punch with the Shield.  All of Wardlow's overness is centered around that one thing yet it's not even what he finishes the match with.  

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I been complaining about the lack of Jay Lethal on main programs and they fixed it by pairing him with Dante Martin after Lio spoke out. Cuz black folks interchangeable right j/k😂

Lio defended Swole. Maybe He's being punished for it.

I'll be careful if I was Lethal. Dante has betrayed to two parties in short amount of time. He can't be trusted.

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Lio defended Swole. Maybe He's being punished for it.

I'll be careful if I was Lethal. Dante has betrayed to two parties in short amount of time. He can't be trusted.

That's exactly what's happening to Rush, boy bout to learn his place. I knew the second he tried to backpedal he was done😂

Storyline wise, that could actually work 🤔

On 1/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Psychoblue said:

Out of those three he should stick with the Powerbomb.  It's the same issue I had with Roman keeping the spear after he debuted the Superman Punch with the Shield.  All of Wardlow's overness is centered around that one thing yet it's not even what he finishes the match with.  

He needs more than one powerbomb for it to act as a finish. It's great against jobbers but he needs someone better against established talent. Casualty of War is good for that.

Just now, Maxx said:

Remember how we were talking about how samoans codw switch because they got the black side and samoan side.... Apparently romans black side won last night. The internet is tellin me he dropped a nigga bar on smackdown 😂

That save 😂

Timestamped

Edited by Psychoblue