Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

40 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Wow. I always knew David was fucking stupid but wow.

The sooner pro wrestling has a network of reporters with the same level of repute and professionalism as someone like Woj or Shams, the better.  Guys like Bix and Shepard and sadly now Meltz make the whole fandumb look like imbeciles and WWE doesn't have to lift a finger.  

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

The sooner pro wrestling has a network of reporters with the same level of repute and professionalism as someone like Woj or Shams, the better.  Guys like Bix and Shepard and sadly now Meltz make the whole fandumb look like imbeciles and WWE doesn't have to lift a finger.  

Brian Last taking him to task was such a great listen.

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Remember how we were talking about how samoans codw switch because they got the black side and samoan side.... Apparently romans black side won last night. The internet is tellin me he dropped a nigga bar on smackdown 😂

That save 😂

Just like Filipinos and Puerto Ricans have a black side, right? Lol

52 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Sounds about right except we cosign latinos for a good part and samoans are just like... Umm.. Whos gonna tell them they can say it? 

How are you with natives saying it? Cause I’ll tell ya. They really relate to black struggles here. 

Edited by scorp
9 minutes ago, scorp said:

How are you with natives saying it? Cause I’ll tell ya. They really relate to black struggles here. 

I dont know. I legit only know two people of native american descent. But in my head it seems wrong because they dont really go with the culture of hip hop. I have no idea how native americans in general feel about black people so i guess it really depends on how they feel about us. 

Doesn't seem Like Roman was about to say it, but then again shit like that happens. I slipped and said it around a route coworker once, I was so embarrassed.

And that right there is why I can never be a TV personality, I cuss like a sailor and the n word gonna slip out periodically. I'd have to be given a strict script to adhere to 😂

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

I dont know. I legit only know two people of native american descent. But in my head it seems wrong because they dont really go with the culture of hip hop. I have no idea how native americans in general feel about black people so i guess it really depends on how they feel about us. 

Oh the ones that say it love hip hop culture. Growing up almost every native I met in my 20s was all about G-Unit lol

4 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

I know people love to throw top guy and can’t miss, but holy fuck is WWE so out of it. Ali is not only a great story he is the most relatable on the roster and can go. Also in the Es case he’s from Chicago a market they’ve clearly lost in the span of a year so much stupidity.

I feel like Ali would do really well in Dragon Gate or Noah. I’d love to see him team with Naruki Doi or Yoshino.  But he’s also like…super dedicated to his family (as one should be) so I doubt the time commitment of being in Japan would mesh well with that. 

Edited by iStu X
16 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I feel like Ali would do really well in Dragon Gate or Noah. I’d love to see him team with Naruki Doi or Yoshino.  But he’s also like…super dedicated to his family (as one should be) so I doubt the time commitment of being in Japan would mesh well with that. 

I know you aren’t an AEW fan but that would be a good place for him as long as Tony doesn’t stick to the norm of having them on a few weeks then poof to YT you go. This a guy you have on the show every week in some capacity.

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I deel like dragon gate is too fast paced for his specific style. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Yeah but he has to make money to feed his family.  

I agree that AEW should be a great fit but the EVPs need to get their head out of their butts and not hide him away on Dark to cool him off like they did Lethal until last Friday.

lol Christ, I've never seen a wrestling company attract so many mentally ill people that live off vitriol against said company

This dude, AEWBotches, all Cornette fans that have started saying that Tony Khan is paying him to said good stuff against AEW.

It's really insane.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

theres no point in me discussing something like this if all you saw what swole posted and think is shes salty. she's been talking about these same issues for a long time and so have many people. 

Are you talking about only AEW or wrestling as a whole?

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

All this dressing is to make themselves feel like they did something. This is the equivalent of democrats kneeling. 

Honestly, after Swole said what she said, they should've brushed it off. But this virtue signaling mixtape and the previous black wrestlers coming out on Twitter in defense of Tony seems like damage control. Then the fact that they're FINALLY doing some with Jay Lethal after the numerous complaints makes me suspicious 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Being on Dark wouldn't be bad if the show wasn't overloaded with squash matches. Dark needs more competitive matches. 

You just described WWE Main Event, which has competitive matches every week in front of live crowds.  They just had T-Bar vs Ciampa.

If Ali went to AEW only to be stuffed away in Dark, it'd be a lateral move.  That's why I said what I said.

58 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

You just described WWE Main Event, which has competitive matches every week in front of live crowds.  They just had T-Bar vs Ciampa.

If Ali went to AEW only to be stuffed away in Dark, it'd be a lateral move.  That's why I said what I said.

Main-event isn't accessible. Dark shows being on YouTube means more people are able to watch it. 

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

Maybe. I think as long as he stuck to the brave gate and Dream gate division he’d be fine. If they tried to put him in the twin gate or triangle gate than I agree. I doubt he’d be able to keep up. 

9 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

I know you aren’t an AEW fan but that would be a good place for him as long as Tony doesn’t stick to the norm of having them on a few weeks then poof to YT you go. This a guy you have on the show every week in some capacity.

AEW has a more bloated roster than WWE at this point. 

Edited by iStu X
15 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Honestly, after Swole said what she said, they should've brushed it off. But this virtue signaling mixtape and the previous black wrestlers coming out on Twitter in defense of Tony seems like damage control. Then the fact that they're FINALLY doing some with Jay Lethal after the numerous complaints makes me suspicious 

LOL they only pushed Jay Lethal since they canned Lio Rush for standing up for Swole.