Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Avalon was a good jobber, I enjoyed the Librarian Gimmick. He shouldn't have much problems finding work, solid hand 

I think the writing is on the wall for the rest of the Wingmen.

Cesar is gone for sure, dude is worse than Luchasaurus.

Nemeth is a less impressive Ziggler.

And JD Drake might be interesting, but I don' t see where he fits without the other dudes.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Avalon was a good jobber, I enjoyed the Librarian Gimmick. He shouldn't have much problems finding work, solid hand 

I saw him on the latest Jericho Cruise and his spot with Evil Uno jacking him off mid-match to pull out a sock made me embarrassed to be a fan.  I don't want him destitute but I'd be fine if I never saw him on TV again in that presentation.  

Edited by Psychoblue
10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

They should be doin way more with Piper Nevan, but she's getting a title shot tho atleast. Shame her and Becky will only get like 5 minutes when they could steal the show 

Piper is crazy good. From what little I’ve seen of her on the main roster they really watered her down and made her a joke character. But that was when she first debuted on the MR. So I don’t know if that’s changed. 

She was booked insanely strong in NXT UK until her feud with Kay Lee Rae. They both got overbooked into oblivion in their feud. Both of them got absolutely buried and looked fucktarded due to over booking. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, iStu X said:

Piper is crazy good. From what little I’ve seen of her on the main roster they really watered her down and made her a joke character. But that was when she first debuted on the MR. So I don’t know if that’s changed. 

She's actually taken seriously and being treated as a threat now despite questionable booking. I'm sure it won't last past this fued with Becky but I'll enjoy what I can 

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

WWE showing an MLK video package in Tulsa, I'm sure that'll go over well 😂

They do that every year, so that train left the station a long time ago.

As for Piper Niven, what's sad is that they think they're doing her a favor by booking her like this as a "women's main eventer."  You can see that with how they're booking Austin Theory.  This isn't them being buried.  This is what they think is helping.  

EDIT:  Missed the Tulsa part.  SMH

Edited by Psychoblue
10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Roddy Strong vs WALTER on a random 2.0 episode? Ya know what, I won't complain this time. I may actually tune in for that match

Same. Roderick was known more for his chops than his back breakers back in the Indy’s despite the fact he was known as the messiah of the backbreaker all the way back in 2004. 

I remember there were several matches he had in ROH where he was knife edge chopping people so hard he was legit breaking skin and causing his opponents to bleed all over their chest. Some of the ones I can remember were against Bryan Danielson, Delirious and Jack Evans. 

Edited by iStu X

“This was the second smallest crowd I believe since the pandemic. They were just over, a little over 3,000 paid. That’s pretty brutal. I think the only one that was lower was the San Francisco one. So yeah, brutal.
“They had less people than AEW had (in) Raleigh for (last) Wednesday and Friday’s show. But WWE – it looked better. They’ll go in there with 4,000 people in a building, and they know how to set it up and everything. It looked fine on television, it wasn’t even dark or anything.”

I gotta give it to WWE, they are the masters of the craft... And the tarp.

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

“This was the second smallest crowd I believe since the pandemic. They were just over, a little over 3,000 paid. That’s pretty brutal. I think the only one that was lower was the San Francisco one. So yeah, brutal.
“They had less people than AEW had (in) Raleigh for (last) Wednesday and Friday’s show. But WWE – it looked better. They’ll go in there with 4,000 people in a building, and they know how to set it up and everything. It looked fine on television, it wasn’t even dark or anything.”

I gotta give it to WWE, they are the masters of the craft... And the tarp.

This sounds like a scene war where players will fight to the death over whose game is deader between Waku Waku 7 and Rage of the Dragons

4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

This sounds like a scene war where players will fight to the death over whose game is deader between Waku Waku 7 and Rage of the Dragons

I don't think AEW is dead, they are just milking North Carolina dry, I think they've been there 3 times in the last 2 months or something.

I heard this weeks show in DC is near sold out, so we will see lol

1 hour ago, scorp said:

I don't think AEW is dead, they are just milking North Carolina dry, I think they've been there 3 times in the last 2 months or something.

I heard this weeks show in DC is near sold out, so we will see lol

There are murmurs that scalpers have been a big problem lately for AEW, and another one that Tony is buying the seats to statpad the attendance, but yeah, with the pandemic back in action I think that would be a more likely explanation of AEW this week is emptier than what the ticket sales indicate.

Just now, scorp said:

I think that's the most ridiculous theory for ANY wrestling company. 

Nobody would actually do this lol

The wrestling world hasn't had anyone quite like Tony who combines devout fandom, unlimited capital and a long history of strange administrative decisions when put in a position of power lolol

Just now, Psychoblue said:

The wrestling world hasn't had anyone quite like Tony who combines devout fandom, unlimited capital and a long history of strange administrative decisions when put in a position of power lolol

It's true, wrestling has never had a fan in power like him, mainly because Corgan didn't have the capital.

But I'd like to think Tony isn't that much of a mark to buy tickets to his own show.

Just now, scorp said:

It's true, wrestling has never had a fan in power like him, mainly because Corgan didn't have the capital.

But I'd like to think Tony isn't that much of a mark to buy tickets to his own show.

Dude, the Big Swole crap was just the latest of a long line of indicators that Tony cares way too much about what people think about him to a point that him doing this doesn't sound as strange as it should.  

But we shall see over the next few weeks.  I think COVID is going to be a way bigger reason for any sus crowd shots.

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Dude, the Big Swole crap was just the latest of a long line of indicators that Tony cares way too much about what people think about him to a point that him doing this doesn't sound as strange as it should.  

But we shall see over the next few weeks.  I think COVID is going to be a way bigger reason for any sus crowd shots.

Correct, he cannot take criticism well. I think the dude is beyond stressed with all the work he does. He's way passed burned out and super sensitive lol

Either way, I'm still entertained by the TV shows, but dead crowds really take away from it. At least they were cheering for Brody before his debut.

12 minutes ago, scorp said:

I think that's the most ridiculous theory for ANY wrestling company. 

Nobody would actually do this lol

Actually something close to that has happened I wish I could remember that promoters name but he had a packed house because of it of course he was deep in the red for pulling that.

Edited by Grimmjow316
2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Correct, he cannot take criticism well. I think the dude is beyond stressed with all the work he does. He's way passed burned out and super sensitive lol

Either way, I'm still entertained by the TV shows, but dead crowds really take away from it. At least they were cheering for Brody before his debut.

You can see it in the booking with the constant run ins and the such. I know he’s trying to do some maintenance but he needs to give up some of those responsibilities to others. Gabe would work but a lot of the guys in the company hate him, if Dutch Mantel was still interested I would have brought him in for the women.

1 minute ago, Grimmjow316 said:

You can see it in the booking with the constant run ins and the such. I know he’s trying to do some maintenance but he needs to give up some of those responsibilities to others. Gabe would work but a lot of the guys in the company hate him, if Dutch Mantel was still interested I would have brought him in for the women.

1000000% he needs some other people to help him out.

Just now, Grimmjow316 said:

Vince has spotted him so many guys who can help him in all of the areas AEW needs help in.  Regal would be essential as an agent.  

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Remember when TNA were paying people $100 to be the crowd for their show?

Was this during or after they left the impact zone on universals lot? Cause if it was during that’s extremely sad as the impact zone shows at universal were free admission. 😂

I DO remember them hiring extras though when they were on Pop but before they sold the company to the Harris twins though. So you might be referring to that 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Was this during or after they left the impact zone on universals lot? Cause if it was during that’s extremely sad as the impact zone shows at universal were free admission. 😂

I DO remember them hiring extras though when they were on Pop but before they sold the company to the Harris twins though. So you might be referring to that 

It was during the Pop era. I think shortly after they returned to the impact zone after the New York run. They couldn't get anyone to attend the shows so they resorted to pay extras.

Edited by Hawkingbird
Just now, HD-Man said:

OK I definitely want Diamond Mine vs Imperium. That ending was nice 

And Walter just said the winner of the match was Gunther. And WWE just filed a trademark for Gunther Stark (a Nazi general). For fucks sake.... 

The silver lining is that it's super rare that guys keep their first and last name.  The betting odds are that over time it'll be shortened to a single name Gunther like Sheamus or Elias.