Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

17 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

OK I definitely want Diamond Mine vs Imperium. That ending was nice 

And Walter just said the winner of the match was Gunther. And WWE just filed a trademark for Gunther Stark (a Nazi general). For fucks sake.... 

WALTER’s stable in the WXW promotion (which was based in Germany) was called Ringkampf. Imperium is literally just WWE renaming the group as Marcel and Fabian were in Ringkampf. The only difference between Imperium and Ringkampf is no Thatcher. 

sooooooo

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

1) "I Love America, and I love diversity' *WALTER shakes his ass to stock funk*

so we bringing back Tensai 😂

4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

2) It's America, his views as a Nazi might get him monster pops depending where they are.

Fuck you for this because it’s as sad as it is funny cause it’s true. 

Just now, HD-Man said:

Naming an Austrian guy after a Nazi general is peak Vince. I refuse to believe anybody but him came up with it, I'm not callin him Gunter ever, tho 😂 im only laughing to hide the pain

Corny said in a podcast the other day that if Vince had actually seen Walter when he had that first banger with Ilja, he'd demand he go to the main NXT immediately or stop wasting his time, adding that Vince would see him and immediately imagine him in some military outfit with that scowl and promo style and rocket push him as a main event heel.  

LO AND BEHOLD

48 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Why do you keep wanting to get Rona? I know Saiyans get stronger when they heal from damage but god damn. 

Im immune to omnicron for the next few months. Im already at risk for all the stuff i do. I just gotta trust the people im around to take care of themselves. But honestly im more at risk just ubering than wrestling school. 

26 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I just gotta trust the people im around to take care of themselves.

But you know you can’t lol

26 minutes ago, Maxx said:

But honestly im more at risk just ubering than wrestling school. 

That’s fair. But still. Like…don’t die. This world doesn’t have dragon balls 

Edited by iStu X
23 minutes ago, iStu X said:

But you know you can’t lol

That’s fair. But still. Like…don’t die. This world doesn’t have dragon balls 

Lol thanks broski. I know its not a great time to start anothee physical contact activity. But unfortunately time isnt on my side.. Im 37 and prob at the best shape since i was 26/27. I prib have only a few years legit of high level activity before my body completely shuts down into old man stage. So im raking the opportunity before it passes me by.

Im an obsessive person... It may be due do to adhd or possibly on the spectrum but this is something i havent gotten out of my head since i realized its a possibility for me. I pray covid doesn't so anything major.. If all future covid variations are like omicron ill be ok because that was legit just a cold for me...unlike the original covid virus

WWE can't stop with Germany lol

Apparently some Germans were already mad at Marcel Barthel, who is the only German in the group, for tweeting "Imperium over everything" which was a clear reference to the line from the German national anthem that the Nazi party would use for their battle hymns "Germany over everything". Barthel deleted the tweet after a bunch of people in Germany got mad. Guess this happened a couple weeks ago and flew under the radar to American fans until this Gunther Stark shit popped up.

Walter tweeting EINMARSCH last week, which is the German word for invasion has people in an uproar now also, when nobody thought twice about it last week.

24 minutes ago, scorp said:

WWE can't stop with Germany lol

Apparently some Germans were already mad at Marcel Barthel, who is the only German in the group, for tweeting "Imperium over everything" which was a clear reference to the line from the German national anthem that the Nazi party would use for their battle hymns "Germany over everything". Barthel deleted the tweet after a bunch of people in Germany got mad. Guess this happened a couple weeks ago and flew under the radar to American fans until this Gunther Stark shit popped up.

Walter tweeting EINMARSCH last week, which is the German word for invasion has people in an uproar now also, when nobody thought twice about it last week.

Hey, as a Jewish man, I'm glad WWE is reminding people that shit wasn't all that long ago.  

I'm also expecting Walter to simply be called GUNTHER (all caps) and leave out the last name after someone in marketing does what they did with the Submission Sorority and the VIking Experience, and tell everyone they have made a terrible mistake.

I watched the Sarray vignette and she's not a schoolgirl, but rather a magical girl who went back to Japan to obtain a sacred heirloom from her grandmother which will now act as a good luck charm in her matches back in America.  So now we have magical girls, demon possessed wrestlers, an alleged mob legbreaker and a pseudo-Nazi faction.  If NXT 2.0 is going to be Lucha Underground 2.0 then I'll tune in a little while longer.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Hey, as a Jewish man, I'm glad WWE is reminding people that shit wasn't all that long ago.  

I'm also expecting Walter to simply be called GUNTHER (all caps) and leave out the last name after someone in marketing does what they did with the Submission Sorority and the VIking Experience, and tell everyone they have made a terrible mistake.

This would be the smart move.

Scotty 2 Hotty on NXT changing: "Hunter went away, and the other guys started to come in, it was, ‘Ok, we gotta get back to business casual again.’ The next week it was, ‘Vince wants the coaches looking younger, so we need you guys to start dyeing your beards and cutting your hair.’" 

Vince has a serious issue with aging and his own mortality.

40 minutes ago, scorp said:

Scotty 2 Hotty on NXT changing: "Hunter went away, and the other guys started to come in, it was, ‘Ok, we gotta get back to business casual again.’ The next week it was, ‘Vince wants the coaches looking younger, so we need you guys to start dyeing your beards and cutting your hair.’" 

Is he planning on the coaches being on tv? Wat? 

I usually post Toru Fan's stuff to point and laugh as his takes.  He reminds me a lot of John Xuandou.  

As expected, the copyright file has been switched to simply "Gunther." You'd think they'd learn by now after the Submissions Sororiety stuff but nope.  Gotta wait until a scandal erupts.

I also hope that this means Vince sees Gunther as a top heel like Corny said if this were to happen like this, and Gunther makes mad bank.

Edited by Psychoblue
4 hours ago, scorp said:

Which is amazing because he looks like he might melt any second when he’s on TV.

34 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Which is amazing because he looks like he might melt any second when he’s on TV.

If you know his life story, he scratched and clawed from about as far bottom as you can get while still being white: the special ed wing of rural North Carolina in trailer park level poverty.  He's the bastard son of a big-time promoter but was in high school when he actually met his dad.

He's always been a control freak because he's had to overcompensate for everything just by nature of his upbringing and diagnoses (the 1999/2000 doc said it was learning disorder and dyslexia, but they  could probably paid that LD as something specific with all the changes to the DSM4-5 since that aired).  Now he's got senility, CTE, and the side effects of years of drug and alcohol use coming together while still being the figurehead of a company that grew far bigger than he could have fathomed when he started.

Sit back and enjoy the fall of Caesar.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Lot of WWE fans in another forum I go to are outraged that they have to change Gunther Starks name, because there are plenty of people walking around in the world with that name and it's not a famous name in any way.

They can't seem to understand  that every wrestling company is under a microscope by every useless pustule on Twitter waiting for the "GOTCHA!" moment.

And regardless if the name is unpopular in history and perfectly normal in current life, that any connection that is found with something negative, will hang over a multi-million dollar company's head.

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

Lot of WWE fans in another forum I go to are outraged that they have to change Gunther Starks name, because there are plenty of people walking around in the world with that name and it's not a famous name in any way.

They can't seem to understand  that every wrestling company is under a microscope by every useless pustule on Twitter waiting for the "GOTCHA!" moment.

And regardless if the name is unpopular in history and perfectly normal in current life, that any connection that is found with something negative, will hang over a multi-million dollar company's head.

It's not like GUNTHER all on its own is that different from Walter.  People got used to Daniel Bryan, they'll get used to Gunther if he makes anywhere close to the impact D-Bry made while he was in WWE.

2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

It's not like GUNTHER all on its own is that different from Walter.  People got used to Daniel Bryan, they'll get used to Gunther if he makes anywhere close to the impact D-Bry made while he was in WWE.

This one guy keeps saying it's fake outrage.

Imagine dying on a hill because you want a surname that relates a wrestler to a poorly known Nazi commander.

He's from Florida though, so that explains a lot, right?

11 minutes ago, scorp said:

This one guy keeps saying it's fake outrage.

Imagine dying on a hill because you want a surname that relates a wrestler to a poorly known Nazi commander.

He's from Florida though, so that explains a lot, right?

Ive heard a few people claim fake outrage which is weird. 

"you didnt know he was a nazi general last week".... My guy this isnt a good argument 

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ive heard a few people claim fake outrage which is weird. 

"you didnt know he was a nazi general last week".... My guy this isnt a good argument 

lol Yup, that's their argument.

"We should ban every name that ever worked for the Nazi party then!"

Yea... That's the point, doofus.