Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

5 minutes ago, scorp said:

Well the video came out. 

And it sure as fuck isn’t the 2K engine 🤣

Has that HCTP impact with moves and almost All Stars body types. 

TK DOES IT AGAIN

I’m fucking HYPEEEE

I'm glad that All-stars body types are the standard for wrestling games now.  

If the netcode is good it might be worth a purchase then.  Just expect me to throw in all kinds of Corny refs if I get it on Arturo's stream!  

Edited by Psychoblue
8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I'm glad that All-stars body types are the standard for wrestling games now.  

If the netcode is good it might be worth a purchase then.  Just expect me to throw in all kinds of Corny refs if I get it on Arturo's stream!  

And intergender matches. 

The director of No Mercy is definitely putting his mark on this game. 

I love the cartoony impact on slams. 

9 hours ago, scorp said:

Lariat would do the VKM booking.

"Fans like him? Give it to someone else." lol

The someone else is Orange Cassidy

I loved dor2 and aew game gives me those vibes. Hoping for a dor2 clone with the caw from the svr games.

I got some hctp vibes too.

I also hope the gm mode is exactly like gm mode from svr06

Edited by DrLariat
12 minutes ago, scorp said:

lol Cornette with his comments on the Bucks/FTR match. 

He’s really pandering hard to his cult. 

That feud was destroyed before it even started, Corny idea would work in a territory but tweaked it would have worked in this era. Would be way better than the shit we saw leading up to the match,  It was especially painful when Uncle Dave is trying his damndest to no criticize it and trying to justify it, FTR should have won the first encounter but YB fucked it up with the added stipulation.

Edited by Grimmjow316
12 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Ruff was a regular of a Wrestling FB group that I've been a part of since FB first became a thing.  I toast to his win last night and here's to many more.

Meanwhile...

"No one is screaming 'head shot' when Captain America hits people with his shield!"  

Because we're just going to ignore basic Hollywood slight of hand like practical effects, CGI and safe materials to simulate violence, compared to pro wrestling which doesn't have that budget or luxury in front of a live crowd.  

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Ruff was a regular of a Wrestling FB group that I've been a part of since FB first became a thing.  I toast to his win last night and here's to many more.

Meanwhile...

"No one is screaming 'head shot' when Captain America hits people with his shield!"  

Because we're just going to ignore basic Hollywood slight of hand like practical effects, CGI and safe materials to simulate violence, compared to pro wrestling which doesn't have that budget or luxury in front of a live crowd.  

Hahahah Cody is such a mark for the business 

Also I could watch the Lucha Bros fight each other weekly. Holy shit those guys are so good. 

Edited by scorp
3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Meanwhile...

Cody is right about there being a safe way to take chair shots to the head. Guys taking them unprotected is the real problem which was rampant in the attitude and ruthless aggression era. The Rock always swing for fences whenever he hit someone with a chair.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Cody is right about there being a safe way to take chair shots to the head. Guys taking them unprotected is the real problem which was rampant in the attitude and ruthless aggression era. The Rock always swing for fences whenever he hit someone with a chair.

It's just not worth the risk, and his Cap comparison is absolutely ridiculous.  It's not the hill he should be dying on.  

2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

It's just not worth the risk, and his Cap comparison is absolutely ridiculous.  It's not the hill he should be dying on.  

I agree it's not worth the risk. If someone is willing to risk it then they should their hands up to absorb the impact. The guy swing the chair not swinging hard helps too.

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

i get what hes saying and hes not totally wrong. sometimes a stunt is a stfu and take this shit. like going down stairs is gonna hurt...you try to not hurt as much or do as much damage. but its falling down fuckin stairs.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

The turnaround on that firing is so fucked up. 

I suspect she knew she was gone when she posted it, she just did so before WWE yanked her twitter password.

I think Paige will be next.  Maybe Cesaro will finally walk away too.  After that I don't know, there weren't too many of them doing it to begin with to the extent Paige and Zelina were.  

43 minutes ago, scorp said:

We all know that Drake is a crazy religious MAGAt. 

But why would the WWE care? Linda was supporting the “voter fraud” scandal, they are all part of the same republican circle. 

Because WWE themselves is publicly traded and that means the shareholders likely don't want that stink on them more than necessary.  That's what it means to "appease the shareholders" which WWE got demonized for when they did all of those big cuts and then announced record profits.  

Because let's be real: if Vince really controlled everything and didn't give a shit what anyone else thought, stockholder or not, you think we would have had all of this lip service about progressive women's wrestling or this huge push for ethnic diversity among their champions the last year?  Or would instead we have Shinsuke Nakamura as a rice paddy, Ali and Zayn as part of a Taliban tag team or an Aladdin spoof face group, Finn Balor being tied to Hornswoggle, and Asuka going full geisha?

Edited by Psychoblue