Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I would not read too much into it. BOTW kinda broke the timeline theory. 

It wasn't a "theory" Nintendo pushed an official timeline out lmao.

(Granted, it was to shut people up about it, but I digress.)

I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised to see something related to Skyloft on it, though I don't quite expect them to pull Demise back into the fold. Maybe the Triforce though?

There's obviously too little info for speculation, and BotW is too detached from the timeline to begin with, but it definitely smells fishy.

Triforce never went away tho, it's in 

BOTW. 

I'm also gonna argue Demise already came back, as Ganondorph, like how Zelda is really Hylia. Gaon is Demise. 

With that said, it's not a theory or anything but it's a thought I've kind of been having. I wonder if the Malice is or has a mind of its own. It seems like we fought the "Essence" of Ganon in BOTW1, his manifestation through Malice which is kind of just Demise' s bullshit anyway. 

My thoughts are Demise/Ganon are reaching a point of just becoming an Eldrich abomination. The next phase of Demise might not be a man at all...but a "Force of nature."

Edited by RSG3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Liam Triforce put up a deep long retrospective on Wind Waker for those interested

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before here but Liam is also a pretty good place for retrospectives if you enjoy watching/listening to them.  As the name implies he's done a good chunk for games in the Zelda series but he also has some pretty nice extensive videos for games in a few other IP's

Apparently SS Joycons are plentiful so scalpers can suck it. I may grab them because I need a new pair.

Also, I was able to get the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo for $24.99 off Amazon and it showed up a whole day early. 

Anyone read any of the Zelda manga VIZ translated? I have everything but I SO want the Link's Awakening manga to get an official release.

8 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Apparently SS Joycons are plentiful so scalpers can suck it. I may grab them because I need a new pair.

Also, I was able to get the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo for $24.99 off Amazon and it showed up a whole day early. 

Anyone read any of the Zelda manga VIZ translated? I have everything but I SO want the Link's Awakening manga to get an official release.

I have some of the mangas.  The one's that I have and read are mostly decent.  Nothing truly amazing or anything but they aren't bad.

10 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've read some incomplete translations. Should hunt them down now that they should be complete tbh.

Source material kinda doesn't give a lot to work with when it comes to Link as a protag and it kinda shows. I vaguely remember the TP one having a random ass backstory for Link, but it wasn't bad...

Yeah, I definitely gotta read that one.

• 3 months later...

Nothing regarding BotW2 or anything, Liam just put up a retrospective for TP that might be a nice watch/listen to.

Edit:

I did not know that Kakariko Village's music actually makes a reference to ALttP's Kakariko Village.  I have to have been listening to that track a million times on my playlist and never noticed it until Liam pointed it out.

Edited by Sonichuman
22 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Nothing regarding BotW2 or anything

I know right?

We out here starving. 😭

22 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Liam just put up a retrospective for TP that might be a nice watch/listen to.

TP was so cool. It's a really solid and fun game, I just wish the dungeon items got more mileage.

Best dungeons in the franchise tho. Just banger after banger.

44 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Been a minute since I played TP but I o my remember two of the dungeons fondly. I don't remember the rest of them much. 

I think Majoras Mask has the best dungeon set, even if there are only 4 of them all 4 are fantastic. 

Yeah, Majora's got a lot of good ones. I feel like the lack of a real last dungeon hurts it a bit though.

Great Bay Temple is what the Water Temple meme would be if it was accurate tho, fuck that place.

TP got Goron Mines, Arbiter Grounds, Temple of Time, City in the Sky, Palace of Twilight and a really sick Hyrule Castle. TP Darknuts ain't no joke. (Unless you spam back slash.)

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:38 AM, Sonichuman said:

BotW 2 update, small snippet of new footage, release changed to Spring 2023

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll try to update the thread tomorrow morning.👍

Really unfortunate to hear about the delay, but I can only wonder just how much they're adding if they already had BotW as a base.

I had expected this to be like Majora's Mask development-wise with all the assets they got.

I just know this will be an unparalleled masterpiece. 😭

Spoiler

Hol up, just saw the vid. The Master Sword is in pretty bad shape. 😮

Edited by Volt
Spoiler
  • Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: BotW Sequel delayed to Spring 2023
  • 4 weeks later...

Italian Voice Actor for Daruk dun goofed

It's HUGE but it gets the the brain juices flowing on what the game is going to be about.  So Daruk's Italian VA said in an interview that he did voices for Daruk...and Daruk's ANCESTOR.  So either we're talking to Daruk's ancestor's spirit in this game or this game is potentially also going to have some of it take place in the past.  Speculation is that some of it may actually take place or show what actually happened 10,000 years ago.  No real evidence or clue towards that last bit though but interesting....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, there is no new information currently for BoTW2 and no real info on if they'll release anything Zelda related this year.  That being said there's some Zelda content may be interested in watching/listening too

Liam put out a new video talking about the DS games

Gamespot has also been continually putting up videos of stuff on BotW

38 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

No, there is no new information currently for BoTW2 and no real info on if they'll release anything Zelda related this year.

Man, you have no idea how quickly I clicked the notification when I saw you post in this thread. 🤣

With that said, nice stuff. It's always funny to see how people go wild on BotW. That game is crazy deep.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Man, you have no idea how quickly I clicked the notification when I saw you post in this thread. 🤣

With that said, nice stuff. It's always funny to see how people go wild on BotW. That game is crazy deep.

Yeah...I know.  My name pops up in a gaming related thread and I know that usually comes with some expectations so I know if I'm tossing a fairy on a thread that's been starved of real info I make sure to temper expectations with the first sentence lol.

Edit:  Also that advanced combat video is bonkers.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Any Zelda news lately?

Not that I'm aware of aside from unsubstantiated rumors.  Prob would have had something if there was legit Direct but we've got a 3rd party direct and then mostly bubkis.  If we don't get a direct by Sept then I'm not going to expect any news until the VGA's. 

Despite being starved I'm really worried from a world building standpoint at least cause Monolithsoft put in work on XBC3 graphically and performance wise.

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Monolithsoft helped make BotW.  That game uses their world streaming tech that they've been using since XBC.  Like RSG3 says, they're the main reasons that the world of Hyrule in BotW looks the way it does.

Ah, word. So why are you worried? Did they screw up XBC3, or you think they may have blown their load working on it?

Just now, RSG3 said:

Well BOTW 2 and XBC 3 where developed concurrently. Probably about over spread or them not being involved st all this time. 

Right on, that makes sense. But still, I think Nintendo knows better than to fuck around with Zelda. If they thought it wasn't up to their standards then I could see them pulling the same thing as Metroid Prime 4 and restarting development. Which would delay the hell out of it. But at least we've seen some gameplay footage already. I think it's just Nintendo being their normal sneaky selves lol.

Just now, Chadouken said:

Right on, that makes sense. But still, I think Nintendo knows better than to fuck around with Zelda. If they thought it wasn't up to their standards then I could see them pulling the same thing as Metroid Prime 4 and restarting development. Which would delay the hell out of it. But at least we've seen some gameplay footage already. I think it's just Nintendo being their normal sneaky selves lol.

Yea it's been delayed a couple times now already, and they are done with XBC3 with plenty of time it seems to divert manpower to botw2 so probably just nagging at Sonic. 

14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Ah, word. So why are you worried? Did they screw up XBC3, or you think they may have blown their load working on it?

The only concerns I had were the differences in performance from XBC 2 and XBC3.  XBC2 while not a bad looking game at all has some performance and graphical issues here and there.

Main issues were a few areas dropped the frame rate and it variable resolution dipped pretty low at times.  Docked the game at times went 360p.  So on top of this the way how the worlds are built in XBC2, the worlds were more segmented and not a big huge streaming world like BotW or XCX before it.  So there was definitely a bit of concern.  So now we have XBC3 out and the worlds is built back to like XBC/XCX level in terms of how open it is AND they got the frame rate and the variable resolution more under control with the game and it looks NICE. 

So this pretty much means that whatever they've learned in the process between XBC2 and XBC3 is now going to be used to make BotW2 even better. 

• 1 month later...
  • Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: Tears of the Kingdom out on May 2023.
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Tears of the Kingdom Artbook got leaked...sooo there are spoilers floating around

Not really. In my opinion anyways it doesn’t. I looked at the entire leaked art book. All it “spoils” is a lot of concept art, some character designs, item designs and some armor sets. Nothing really related to plot. the stuff I mentioned MIGHT give stuff away but I feel without the context of the story they don’t really. 

Edited by iStu X
  • 1 month later...