Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

Some BotW Sequel Trailers, I can't keep with with Sonichuman's news feed, man is like Woj and Shams. 💀

Spoiler

Update:

We also got an interesting glimpse of the story. Spoilering just for the sake of those who want to jump in blind. 

Spoiler

3978007dbf7a6ea130603055c53170ea9e487242

Update: We finally got a name and a release date.

Edited by Volt
New thread title. OP updated and condensed.
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

🤣 The thread title’s almost as beautiful as the first time i played Ocarina. 

I am looking forward to this HW game though. I didn't think I’d be but it looks like fun. I may ask for it for Christmas from the wifey

You tried any Warriors game like I told you to?

Switch actually got some good options. There's the GOAT DW8, Fire Emblem Warriors is a lot cooler than I expected despite the cloned movesets and Hyrule Warriors is solid.

Yeah, the thread title was the one thing I really worked on. I thought I'd have more time for the rest before the next trailer. 🤣

Man Hestu giving you a shiny golden pile of shit is oneof the absolute best quest rewards ive ever seen, especially fo what amounts to such a silly side quest. Nintendo needs to keep this kind of shit up. 

Ipersonally hate the Warriors games, but man...Age of Waifus'...er I mean Calamity actually looks pretty fun so far, and I wont lie it being a PRequel to BOTW endears it to me a lot more then it would have otherwise. 

47 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I honestly want to go back and complete BOTW properly. I did Vah Naboris, upgraded my tools (Master Sword and Hylian Shield) and finished Ganon. I was just going about the castle and saw the room Ganon was in but wasn't expecting the fight to be triggered. 

Once i saw the cutscene start:

tenor.gif?itemid=16072051

Yea man you deffinitly need to get back to it. The Divine Beasts and Ganon are like 5% of the game.

Edited by RSG3
19 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

That's the plan at some point. Knowing that I left off about 90% of the game on the table gnaws at my ego. 

Ive been plugging away at my Hero Mode run. Almost done. Got all the Devine Beasts done last week, whooped Ganon, reloaded, started the DLC,  Im at 87 Shrines, 120 Korok Seeds (These things are legit fun to look for imo, they rock, I have yet to poke my nose somewhere and not find SOMETHING) Maxed out Stamina Wheel and 14 full hearts. 

I think im gonna go ahead and find all the Shrines this time and get that Hero of the Wild gear. Learning i can buy Compedium Photos from Simin saved this file cuz 
I never photographed any of the Blights lol so i thought i missed out on the 100% (Minus all 900 Korok seeds cuz im never gonna do that lol)

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Learning i can buy Compedium Photos from Simin saved this file cuz 
I never photographed any of the Blights lol so i thought i missed out on the 100%

If you got the DLC, I'm pretty sure you can just snap em when you do the rematches.

Just now, JustBrowsing said:

I got the (2nd) DLC, and immediately got pissed off with a shrine with a thousand blades and swinging spikeballs, felt like some bollocks Mario Maker challenge. Did I give up on it too soon? I didn't read more (I know what the final reward is) for fear of spoilers, but I didn't want to plough through a tonne of that.

I remember that one. Some Kaizo shit alright. 🤣

But yeah, it's definitely worth the trouble.

I did all of the missions in my normal run at the beginning of the year. All that’s left is getting another 450 (or so) koroks and taking pictures of everything for the compendium... I do miss the game though. I’m just not sure if I want to run around for another month to get a gold turd or if I should start speed running or doing some sort of new challenge with it (like a deathless run?).

I’m curious if any of you guys have replayed it and what you did differently.

I did try master mode, but I don’t really like it to be honest. Not so much because the enemies are tougher, but they break all of your weapons early game and it honestly seems best to just avoid every fight you can, which sucks imo.

Edited by Mattatsu
37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This is 100% true, too bad Ive already done two of them lol. 

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure you can re-do them.

Or at least I'm told the Champions have some different lines after a set number of wins against them.

13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’m curious if any of you guys have replayed it and what you did differently.

I did. Only 5 food slots. No stacking food on the same slot or eating anything raw. (Especially bass).

It makes the game considerably harder.

8 hours ago, Volt said:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure you can re-do them.

Not that I am aware of...

And Hero Mode is awesome, you just need to be more creative with how you kill enemies early game besides just smacking them in the mouth with weapons. I was blowing White and Gold enemies into rivers (since most of them cant swim) or using Magnesis to beat them up with metal boxes and such. That way you can get the invisible exp to level up weapon drops and get better gear faster without pissing through your lower rank gear in the process. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Not that I am aware of...

And Hero Mode is awesome, you just need to be more creative with how you kill enemies early game besides just smacking them in the mouth with weapons. I was blowing White and Gold enemies into rivers (since most of them cant swim) or using Magnesis to beat them up with metal boxes and such. That way you can get the invisible exp to level up weapon drops and get better gear faster without pissing through your lower rank gear in the process. 

Ahhh, thats interesting... i was clearly too stupid to think of that 🤣

28 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah Master Mode is sick. I love how it forces you to be creative. I wish the normal game was something a little closer to that mode. 

If Hero Mode didnt exist i would agree, but it does so im fine with normal mode being the way it is. Its a real wake up call for Zelda fans as is with stuff 1 shotting you right off the Plateau, dont think normal really needs to ramp it up more then that honestly. Thats what Hero Mode is for after all. Now it kinda sorta stinks you need the expansions to have Hero Mode, buuuuuut everyone should have the Expansions anyway, they are worth it. You also dont need to beat the game once like you do with previous games to get Hero Mode (Trying to get to OOT3Ds Hero Mode has been a real slog for me cuz ive played the normal campaign so many times already) so you get to avoid those kinds of annoyances.

I find the current set up perfect honestly. Zelda isnt Souls you know? It should appeal to a wider audience. Kids should be able to get into Zelda as well as adults. 

Zelda is my LOTRs an all, started playing when i was 4. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

So Master Kohga was still fat back in the day.  Can't tell what he looks like under all that stuff of course.  God I'm so hype for the story for this game.  Who the hell was that person at the end?  Hoping we get an epilogue that connects to the sequel.  That'd be nice.

Makes you wonder how Koga isnt a shriveled old prune like Impa by the time of BOTW

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

So Master Kohga was still fat back in the day.  Can't tell what he looks like under all that stuff of course.  God I'm so hype for the story for this game.  Who the hell was that person at the end?  Hoping we get an epilogue that connects to the sequel.  That'd be nice.

Yooooo, playable Kohga hype? Wouldn't be the first time an antagonist is playable on a Warriors game.

This dude at the end is a mystery tho. Man, I can't wait to play this game.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Shows different outfits for Link and more footage of the 4 champions and Impa.  Also looks like they all had gliders.

Boomerang confirmed.

Link really gonna have 4 whole movesets in this game? 🤣

Come on, we need more characters than that, though I've been suspecting for a while now that Robbie and Hestu will join the fray. Really want some playable enemies as well. Specifically, a Lynel. Though that's a bit more far-fetched.

Interesting to see the Sheikah ninja clothes for Link, I don't really see Stealth being a thing in this game, so it probably won't be as broken as it is in BotW, but on the other hand, without stealth, what's the point?

I don't think I've ever been so excited...

to find out how an egotistical bird gets whacked. Real talk, I want to see how Revali goes out in the most vivid of details. Yeah, they probably won't give us a play by play on how Revali got clapped but I can dream, right.

Me waiting on that Revali feather whoopin'.

Wile E Coyote Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Me waiting on that Revali feather whoopin'.

the gif makes it seem like you want to eat him once he meets his demise. 

you sick fuck. 

also, can we change the thread title? Even though a lot of us came from there it doesn't mean we should keep mud slinging here. We're (assumingely) better than that. 

• Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: Windblight cooking up its Thanksgiving bird early!
49 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Finally got a chance to get caught up and you can play as the divine beasts?!  Mmmmmm....wasn't even expecting that.  Please inject in veins.

Was gonna post that but my phone crashed when i tried to use an emogi *cry*

But yea man you can drive the mechs. Looks gdlk.