Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

58 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Using a rune and a character specific command is burning resources? Wut?

I was mostly talking about using Musous and Rods.

Though Runes are also a resource too because of the cooldown. When you use a Rune to expose a weakpoint, you can't Stasis them to really smash that WP.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Sidon has potential to be really good. His character specific action is low key super good. I just wish he wasn’t QTE the character

His bombs are kinda annoying. I could hardly see them the first time I used them.

He does have potential tho.

11 minutes ago, Volt said:

When you use a Rune to expose a weakpoint, you can't Stasis them to really smash that WP.

You can though. I do it constantly. 
I even posted how. Link’s bow with statis and using a certain combo you can basically weak point smash lock any named character in the game except Talus’ without fail.

And even then, if the talus does its body slam/face plant attack you can immediately do the stasis/wp combo I’m talking about with link. 

also, yeah, Sidon’s bombs are absolutely fucking stupid. Lol. 

out of all the characters I’ve actively went out of my way to learn Mipha seems to have the best one. That said, there aren’t many characters I’ve done training mode with. So idk. 

Edited by iStu X

Teba is becoming my 3rd favorite character to play so far in this game now.  You gotta remember to hold the right trigger with your middle instead of your index to avoid finger gymnastics with him but he seems to be amazing a crowd control and mobs and and can melt weak points since he can also attack from the air.  I also really like how his bomb rune works.

So far the only 3 characters I've been meh on in this game have been Daruk, Scientist Zelda (I just got the 2nd version of her unlocked in this story mission so I don't have a full opinion on her) and Riju with Riju being at the bottom right now.  Riju seems good at crowd control but she's movements with Patricia are way too fucking crazy for me.  It feels like it's hard to control her and get a handle on.

I also want to how bad ass Link is in this mission.  I know Radiant hasn't gotten to this mission yet but

Spoiler

Fuckin Astor shows up with all 4 blights at the same time ans Link is like 'I'M FIGHTING ALL 4 OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME...AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!'  Dude just no hesitated dove head first in!

On 12/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, iStu X said:

Link’s bow with statis and using a certain combo you can basically weak point smash lock any named character in the game except Talus’ without fail.

I need to practice that.

Oh, have you guys unlocked the ability to Remove Seals at the Smithy!!

If would've know how, I could've made some busted ass Link and Impa builds

Although I'm still trying to figure out which skills will be added and what doesn't.

5 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

I need to practice that.

If would've know how, I could've made some busted ass Link and Impa builds

Although I'm still trying to figure out which skills will be added and what doesn't.

I have. I haven’t really gotten around to using it though outside of a few characters. The sword (non-master) I’ve been using for link gives me +40% perfect dodge percent and does +24% flurry damage. So I just fucking melt stamina bars. 

Impa I gave range since she basically has none. 

with Mipha I just kept buffing her attack speed so she could do damage as quickly as possible while jumping from fountain to fountain on the battle field. 

King Rhoam (who I’m loving) I’m going all in on Attack Speed since he’s basically as strong but as slow as a steam roller 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Yo word!?

When did you unlock that? I kinda fucked up Revali's GE Bow because I got tired of only getting trash weapons.

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

The sword (non-master) I’ve been using for link gives me +40% perfect dodge percent and does +24% flurry damage. So I just fucking melt stamina bars. 

Bruh.

And I thought getting like +8% Dmg per 100 KOs with Daruk was hella busted.

Btw, you keep mentioning a Stasis + Bow combo for Link, what combo is that? I'm kinda bad with his Swords movesets because I've been using the Spear too much.

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

Btw, you keep mentioning a Stasis + Bow combo for Link, what combo is that

Bow to the face (which stuns any named enemy. May take a bit of practice since the bow shots are basically a shot gun spread)

as soon as they go into a crumple state/show their weak point gauge dash up as fast as you can and cast stasis  (ideally you’ll be about 2-3 dashes away except Hinox. Status reaches about 2 character dash lengths.)  

i don’t know how to write musou combos but it’s Link’s Y4X combo where he ends in the spinning aerial launcher. Then you Y3 pause, go to your bow again and immediately aim down. The arrows will (should) hit the stun point several times. Which should break their weak point gauge. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Volt said:

Yo word!?

When did you unlock that? I kinda fucked up Revali's GE Bow because I got tired of only getting trash weapons.

I unlocked it yesterday but found out about a few days ago.

https://game8.co/games/Hyrule-Warriors-AoC/archives/310084

Had to go to IGN to see how to unlock those quests, as I have long since beaten the story mode.

Transfer Skills tips:

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Bow to the face (which stuns any named enemy.

That's messed up. 🤣

Makes sense tho, I might hit training mode to get that down.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

i don’t know how to write musou combos but it’s Link’s Y4X combo where he ends in the spinning aerial launcher. Then you Y3 pause, go to your bow again and immediately aim down. The arrows will (should) hit the stun point several times. Which should break their weak point gauge. 

Musou Combos are written based on the Strong Attack.

So for example, that would be C5. As in, you press strong as the 5th attack. The C stands for Circle because Musou games are usually Playstation games.

That's a pretty good move, and Link's sword moveset actually has pretty good aerial combos. Definitely something I'm going to incorporate in my game.

I still think the Spear is probably the best option to break WP. His charged million stab just melts WP. And I got a Royal Halberd off a rusty weapon, so it got like, over 50 Atk. 

29 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Impa I gave range since she basically has none. 

I never really minded Impa's range since I mostly just sic her on bosses. Planning to give her more attack speed to tear through WPs when dash canceling Stasis.

14 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

I unlocked it yesterday but found out about a few days ago.

Thanks bro!

I'm pretty close to unlocking it. Good to know.

10 minutes ago, Volt said:

I never really minded Impa's range since I mostly just sic her on bosses. Planning to give her more attack speed to tear through WPs when dash canceling Stasis.

I rarely use Impa outside of keeps since she can pretty much take in over in a snap. So I use range buffs to make the process even quicker. 

And I know this is despite of what I said about her betting better in 1v1 . 

I might reinvest her sigils/symbols/whatever into attack power cause of a lot of her weapons are focused giving her better utility than making her a heavy hitter 

i wish you could give her weapon buffs to make her unique action last longer. Or if they had made her unique action tied to her spirit meter 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I might reinvest her sigils/symbols/whatever into attack power cause of a lot of her weapons are focused giving her better utility than making her a heavy hitter 

Funny you should mention that.

Got a 67 Atk Devoted Kodachi to stab any Lynel that wants smoke in side missions.

She can definitely tear through anyone in 1v1 with raw Clone Unga.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Funny you should mention that.

Got a 67 Atk Devoted Kodachi to stab any Lynel that wants smoke in side missions.

She can definitely tear through anyone in 1v1 with raw Clone Unga.

Is that base though? Or did you have to level it/give it sigil buffs?

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Is that base though? Or did you have to level it/give it sigil buffs?

Base at Lv. 17.

She got some unimpressive trash for seals. +2% Dmg for every 100 KOs, Flurry Rush Dmg +7%, iirc Midair enemy damage +13% (Bad RNG and too many weapons on deck.)

I pretty much got no truly optimized weapon yet. Closest is Urbosa packing 9% Dmg for every 100 KOs, and boy, that stacks up fast.

10 minutes ago, Volt said:

Base at Lv. 17.

She got some unimpressive trash for seals. +2% Dmg for every 100 KOs, Flurry Rush Dmg +7%, iirc Midair enemy damage +13% (Bad RNG and too many weapons on deck.)

I pretty much got no truly optimized weapon yet. Closest is Urbosa packing 9% Dmg for every 100 KOs, and boy, that stacks up fast.

How far are you? Cause I’m getting weapons with base 55+

On 12/2/2020 at 10:07 PM, Sonichuman said:

Riju with Riju being at the bottom right now.  Riju seems good at crowd control but she's movements with Patricia are way too fucking crazy for me.  It feels like it's hard to control her and get a handle on.

Riju is actually one of my favorite characters to play because she’s essentially ADHD the character. Pump her attack range and dash attack damage (ALL of her attacks are considered dash attacks due to Patricia) then watch her become a seal riding loli thunderstorm of fucking destruction

Edited by iStu X

Beat the game last night. Doing post game stuff right now. 

Spoiler

Red moons happen post game. 
they only happen in story line levels. 
the red moon location changes every time you complete a battle mission 

what happens: 
enemies are stronger

rare drops are more common 

weapon drops are way better. I’ve been getting base 70+ attack weapons for everyone. 

The little guardian is an unlockable character. He seems fine so far. Nothing good but nothing spectacular. I haven’t messed with him too much though. 

every character gets a buff to their unique actions via quests 

Examples:

Urbosa gets 4 more bars of lighting

Hestu can summon even more Koroks

King Rhoam’s stance switch buffs your attack if you do it mid-combo (I don’t know if it stacks and if it does I don’t know how many times it stacks) 

Khoga can summon yiga clan members while eating a banana. 

Edited by iStu X
38 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

This final Terranko repair mission, Jesus!!!

😱

Hide contents

A Royal Investigation is the name of it but it might as well be named, "LYNEL'D!!!'  Because they got Zelda squaring up against 5, yes 5 DAMN LYNELS!!

The final two you fight at the same time, and they're both Malice Lynels!!

Eh, I didn’t find it that hard. Just use the right wand and go nuts. Wands are dumb broke in age of calamity. 
you can stamina gauge lock any elemental named characters as long as you use the right rod. 

elemental defense food also makes damage from elementals a non-issue for the most part. 

The only missions I ever found hard were levels I just hadn’t prepared adequately for or didn’t know the gimmick like the siege of fort hateno. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Volt said:

It won't and I'll speak it into existence.

GOAT Zelda game's legacy must not be tainted by these Egg ass pulls.

I'm kind of beside myself on this TBH.

Spoiler

I mean it'd be nice if the champions did survive but then if the events of this game took place then that would essentially fully retcon BotW into never happening.  Considering what we know of how the franchise works though I'm for certain that we are just gonna have split timelines...which means we are probably looking at 3-4 timelines just because of this game.

I suppose if this is the way we go then I'll deal cause even though I enjoyed AoC, they minimized the impact, direness  and drama that came from the tragedy of the lore in BotW.  What happened in the first timeline makes for a better story imo.

23 hours ago, iStu X said:

Eh, I didn’t find it that hard. Just use the right wand and go nuts. Wands are dumb broke in age of calamity. 

What level was your Zelda at when you did this?

Mines is at least a few levels above the requirement, and she is getting LYNEL'D!!

I'm using the bow of light plus the correct wands for the enemy types, and these things are just damage sponges.

25 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Oh yeah, my Zelda was in the 80’s . I always kept her close to Links level on the off chance there were story missions or battle maps I had to be her. 

DAMN!!

You got to the 80s, most of my mains are in mid-60s!!

Then again, I'm playing multiple games at the moment.

5 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

DAMN!!

You got to the 80s, most of my mains are in mid-60s!!

Then again, I'm playing multiple games at the moment.

I only power leveled characters when I had or when I felt they were about to be relevant for story or battle maps. 

I had a level 100 Link by the end of chapter 6 I think. 

and also, yes, age of calamity was the only game I played for about a week. I dunked about 86 hours into it after it was all said and done but I 100%’ed it. So. 🤷🏻

Edited by iStu X
16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Hide contents

I mean it'd be nice if the champions did survive but then if the events of this game took place then that would essentially fully retcon BotW into never happening.  Considering what we know of how the franchise works though I'm for certain that we are just gonna have split timelines...which means we are probably looking at 3-4 timelines just because of this game.

I suppose if this is the way we go then I'll deal cause even though I enjoyed AoC, they minimized the impact, direness  and drama that came from the tragedy of the lore in BotW.  What happened in the first timeline makes for a better story imo.

Yeah, as soon as I saw that first cutscene I knew the story was going to be a bust.

Hopefully they keep it contained in the AoC timeline, because it'd be mad disappointing if Terrako just pulled up with the old champs in their prime in BotW2. I'd deadass delete the game off my Switch on the spot.

Worst part is that they really could've just pulled a Dynasty Warriors 8 and have certain conditions to be fulfilled in the maps to prevent the champs from dying in a what if scenario.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:52 PM, Sonichuman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I feel like it was done on purpose as a middle finger to fans who think all the Zelda games all have direct continuity together or are apart of these branching timelines. Which, unless Nintendo specifically states they do, they don’t.

An example of what I mean is Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds are connect because Nintendo and Miyamoto said Link Between Worlds is a direct sequel but they don’t belong to this huge tree branches of time lines and never will be. That’s like me saying AoC happens in the same time line as OG Hyrule Warriors because you can unlock Link’s outfit from the first HW in AoC. 

If it’s not like the aforementioned than it’s honestly just fans looking for stuff isn’t there. Easter eggs aren’t always proof of continuity or something happening in the same timeline. People need to realize that and stop playing theory fighter over something that doesn’t exist. 

miyamoto has even said he doesn’t want Zelda to have continuity and he’s been very vocal about that for decades. Miyamoto and Aonuma even said [indirectly] that Hyrule Historia was made just to get fans to stfu. Then they turned around and put BotW so far ahead of the “timeline” that it can’t be connected to any of them.

With all the time travel and events AoC I feel they purposely did it so the games wouldn’t connect. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like it was done on purpose as a middle finger to fans who think all the Zelda games all have direct continuity together or are apart of these branching timelines. Which, unless Nintendo specifically states they do, they don’t.

An example of what I mean is Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds are connect because Nintendo and Miyamoto said Link Between Worlds is a direct sequel but they don’t belong to this huge tree branches of time lines and never will be. That’s like me saying AoC happens in the same time line as OG Hyrule Warriors because you can unlock Link’s outfit from the first HW in AoC. 

If it’s not like the aforementioned than it’s honestly just fans looking for stuff isn’t there. Easter eggs aren’t always proof of continuity or something happening in the same timeline. People need to realize that and stop playing theory fighter over something that doesn’t exist. 

miyamoto has even said he doesn’t want Zelda to have continuity and he’s been very vocal about that for decades. Miyamoto and Aonuma even said [indirectly] that Hyrule Historia was made just to get fans to stfu. Then they turned around and put BotW so far ahead of the “timeline” that it can’t be connected to any of them.

With all the time travel and events AoC I feel they purposely did it so the games wouldn’t connect. 

I know you feel that way but I'm gonna have to disagree.  A good number of the games actually make direct call outs to previous games and events.  Hell BotW calls out 3 games when Zelda is giving Link his ceremony for becoming a champion in front of the other champions. I can agree that Ninty can be very haphazard with the timeline especially with them saying 'the timeline is fluid' (smh)but there is undoubtably a link between a good majority of the games.  I was annoyed with this but upon thinking on it allows Ninty to make the games without hard putting the game in a specific spot unless they directly mention a previous game in the series and allows them flexibility to do the story they want to do for that particular game.  I don't get the feeling that this was a middle finger.

13 hours ago, iStu X said:

Hide contents

Sudden_What.gif

Bro, this is little more than hack writing.

They wanted a game with a happy ending where the champs survived. Then they use their cute little bugger to ass pull it for them with time travel. That's all the plot boils down to.

Sure, the characterization was fantastic, but the plot itself? Basura.

You reading wayyyyyyyyy too much into it. 🤣

6 hours ago, Volt said:

You reading wayyyyyyyyy too much into it

How is my statement looking too much into it? All I’m saying is Miyamoto has said that there is no established timeline or branch of timelines and there never will be despite how much fans want there to be one. 

try and keep up. 

Edited by iStu X
18 hours ago, iStu X said:

How is my statement looking too much into it? All I’m saying is Miyamoto has said that there is no established timeline or branch of timelines and there never will be despite how much fans want there to be one. 

try and keep up. 

All the timeline mumbo jumbo doesn't matter in this case. We're talking about BotW as a trilogy, after all we got a sequel announced and AoC was marketed as a prequel (which it kiiiiinda wasn't.).

You're trying to justify spineless hack writing as a gotcha moment from the Zelda team and that is most certainly not the case. 🤣

23 hours ago, iStu X said:

All I’m saying is Miyamoto has said that there is no established timeline or branch of timelines and there never will be despite how much fans want there to be one. 

4 hours ago, Volt said:

All the timeline mumbo jumbo doesn't matter in this case.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Learn to read and get back to me

Precious. "iStu X my head in a microwave" makes the most compelling arguments. This honestly feels like low quality trolling. See ya never.

38 minutes ago, Volt said:

Precious. "iStu X my head in a microwave" makes the most compelling arguments. This honestly feels like low quality trolling. See ya never.

Your compelling argument for something was rage quitting  a thread because people disagreed with you about Pokémon sword and shield. So stfu with this non-sense. 

I’m sorry you take facts as trolling

stfu, clown shoes. Just put me on ignore and move on. 

Edited by iStu X

Unrelated to AOC (how is it by the way, I saw some clips with bad frame drops, is that common or been patched?), I’ve been playing Zelda 1 (NES) for the last few days and i love this shit. I never really got into Zelda until Ocarina, but this is awesome. I’m debating trying to do a 100% glitchless run in under 90 minutes, which won’t come near any speedrun records, but that seems like an achievable goal.

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Unrelated to AOC (how is it by the way, I saw some clips with bad frame drops, is that common or been patched?), I’ve been playing Zelda 1 (NES) for the last few days and i love this shit. I never really got into Zelda until Ocarina, but this is awesome. I’m debating trying to do a 100% glitchless run in under 90 minutes, which won’t come near any speedrun records, but that seems like an achievable goal.

I hacent notoced any large amounts of slow down or it veing terribly common. Games pretty damn fun, and i tend to fucking hate Musou games so take that as you will.