Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

I'm off the Great Sky Island and my "Ooooo, what's that over there syndrome" is in full effect. 

Regarding one encounter I had on Hyrule. I was going to take out some Bokoblins when all of a sudden

Spoiler

A TREE STARTED ATTACKING ME!!! Like, seriously, game? This is something I farm for important resources and now I gotta beware the land itself?!

6 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

I'm off the Great Sky Island and my "Ooooo, what's that over there syndrome" is in full effect. 

Regarding one encounter I had on Hyrule. I was going to take out some Bokoblins when all of a sudden

Reveal hidden contents

A TREE STARTED ATTACKING ME!!! Like, seriously, game? This is something I farm for important resources and now I gotta beware the land itself?!

Watching my wife's first encounter with this enemy was great lol.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

there Gloom Gleeoks?

Haven't seen any. I think they are an overworld exclusive since they fly around a lot. 

Also I'm not trying to picture what this thing is you're talking about in the Chasm and I'm imagining something like swarm of Wallmasters covered in Gloom...which sounds terrifying.  I already don't like Wallmasters just in general so picturing this makes me want to stock pile on bombs.

They are pretty terrifying honestly, and they appear above ground to...in fact first place I ever saw one was above ground somewhere in Hyrule Field...so there's some extra paranoia for ya lol. 

has anyone ran into Kass?

I have not and it's making me sad. Dude was like...the best character in BOTW and I can't find him anywhere. Found his kid and wife...but I can't find Kass. I finally figured out the Great Fairy quest and am doing those. Based on the theme of this quest line I'm really hoping Kass shows up during it at some point. If he doesn't then I am out of ideas...

The 2nd thing question I'm curious about is what happened to the Divine Beasts?

Dude where is any of that shit? Where are all the Guardians? The Divine Beasts? The Shieka Tablet and its abilities? Have you been to the Shrine of Resurection yet?...

Spoiler

cuz you might wanna...

Edited by RSG3

I just stumbled across very special horse in the Tabantha region.  I do not have the stamina to tame it at the moment but I will come back for it.  If you want to know what it is, it's in the spoiler without telling the exact location.

Reveal hidden contents

It's a straight up Gold Horse. 

Tabantha Stable has a quest associated with this. 

Edit: The amount of Korok Crucifixtions I've seen today 😳.....someone remind these people this is how Castlevania starts!!!

Edited by RSG3
9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Haven't seen any. I think they are an overworld exclusive since they fly around a lot. 

They are pretty terrifying honestly, and they appear above ground to...in fact first place I ever saw one was above ground somewhere in Hyrule Field...so there's some extra paranoia for ya lol. 

I have not and it's making me sad. Dude was like...the best character in BOTW and I can't find him anywhere. Found his kid and wife...but I can't find Kass. I finally figured out the Great Fairy quest and am doing those. Based on the theme of this quest line I'm really hoping Kass shows up during it at some point. If he doesn't then I am out of ideas...

Dude where is any of that shit? Where are all the Guardians? The Divine Beasts? The Shieka Tablet and its abilities? Have you been to the Shrine of Resurection yet?...

Reveal hidden contents

cuz you might wanna...

I haven't been anywhere near the great plateau yet since I've just been wondering around wherever and however the game takes me.  I found a Great Fairy in Tabantha while trying to figure out where the hell the tear is on this huge ass glyph in the ground with no dice.  Figured I should probably see what Impa wants at the forgotten temple and hope she has some insight. 

I will definitely explore the Plateau once I shows up in my path.

On 5/18/2023 at 12:09 AM, Sonichuman said:

I just stumbled across very special horse in the Tabantha region.  I do not have the stamina to tame it at the moment but I will come back for it.  If you want to know what it is, it's in the spoiler without telling the exact location.

Reveal hidden contents

It's a straight up Gold Horse. 

As someone who got the Giant Horse straight out of the Plateau in BotW...

That isn't anything food can't fix.

21 hours ago, RegH81 said:

So I went up in a hot air balloon with Impa. She tells me to paraglider down. I look down. I don't have the paraglider yet. As I ponder how I'm supposed to get down, I accidentally slip and fall. The balloon is magically back on the ground and Impa is next to a very dead Link. 

Did you find the thing she told you to find in that hieroglyph? I have no idea what to do with that lol.

So what is everyone gameplan/progress?

are you:

gathering resources?

stacking up hearts/stamina?

wandering for whatever?

completing the story?

cooking?

sidequesting?

anything and everything above?

I think I'll now focus on building my Zonai stuff because I need more battery life Imma farm some spots for stuff but is there a really good stop for getting things? I know the depths have things but anyone have that ONE spot to farm?

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

are you:

gathering resources?

wandering for whatever?

completing the story?

cooking?

sidequesting?

I think I'll now focus on building my Zonai stuff because I need more battery life Imma farm some spots for stuff but is there a really good stop for getting things? I know the depths have things but anyone have that ONE spot to farm?

I'm essentially letting the game happen to me.  I don't really have "plan" per say.  Where I go and what I do both on a whim and based on what I think I need right now.  I know I need to get to Hateno at some point cause Robbie says he's going to update the tablet so I'm just now starting to slowly make my way over to that side while getting distracted along the way.

Also does Purah actually start looking at you when she catches you staring at her cause that's crazy.  Your video had her doing that and then this one lol.

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

are you:

gathering resources?

wandering for whatever?

completing the story?

cooking?

sidequesting?

I'm going to restart my save if I can get the latest version to run on Yuzu.

My gameplan is simple.

Fuck around and find out. 🤣

Been exploring the Plateau and this place has definitely seen some better days...there is a serious rot and rat infestation here.  Also quite surprised that...

Spoiler

The Goddess statue is giving out an SoS?   I'm still trying to figure out where on the Plateau she's talking about.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm essentially letting the game happen to me.  I don't really have "plan" per say.  Where I go and what I do both on a whim and based on what I think I need right now.  I know I need to get to Hateno at some point cause Robbie says he's going to update the tablet so I'm just now starting to slowly make my way over to that side while getting distracted along the way.

Also does Purah actually start looking at you when she catches you staring at her cause that's crazy.  Your video had her doing that and then this one lol.

I mean that is my "plan" until I get distracted with another shrine or koroks. Actually I really want the towers all active so I have a full map. Some need a side quest so that's annoying. Also My tweet is still going about her looking at you but imma say it again. She KNOWS why we look. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
10 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

are you:

gathering resources?

wandering for whatever?

completing the story?

cooking?

sidequesting?

I'm doing everything but the story beats.

The Zonai stuff is cool AF. Last night, I discovered the joys of a rocket powered skateboard. At worked, it occurred to me that I could strap a bomb to said skateboard.

Did a bunch of exploring the last two days. I have about half the the Depths lit up now, did one of the Labrynths, found all the bargaining statues and did the associated quest for them, among other thing. I really like the Bargaining Statues, there's something creepy and Eldrich about them. They almost don't fit Zelda and I really dig it. 

Depths Location Spoiler 1

Spoiler

Oh I also found a Construct Foundry or something that looks to have the schematics to an actual Mech...not one built by the player a legit Zonai Tech Mech...I want to build it. 

aDepths Location Spoiler 2

Spoiler

I also found another Temple! The Spirit Temple! I couldnt get in but it has a Temple Icon on the map like the other 4. That's so fucking dope there's another Temple down here. I can't wait to figure out how to get inside. 

Killed my first Gleeok as well, The Electricity one hanging out in the Colloseum. The fight is super dope and the drops are strong. 

The coolest thing I did tho was that the Dragons fly through the Depths! I saw one flying into a Chasm and decided to follow it and man it flew all the way down and through an entire section of the Depths. Was so cool. You can land on the Dragons now to and collect drops from their back horns. They also have a cool down on their claws, horns and scales, so if you can grab his drop and get some air again and follow him he will eventually glow again and you can go for another one. I dropped onto Farosh, collected his horn scales and then just chilled on his head horn as he flew through the Depths, then rode his wind gusts back up out another Chasm hole. 

This game is so fucking cool. 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, TheInfernoman said:

I just kinda decide what I want to do and the. Prep for whatever that might be. Like if I'm going to the Depths I prepare Glow and Gloom foods and such. Otherwise there isn't much of a plan, and every time I do make a plan something pulls on my ADD and I get off track wondering what that random ass I saw was. 

Edited by RSG3

My wife has run into this thing and I still haven't run into it yet.  I just know she told me about it and how she thought it was an opening to the depths and found out that it wasn't.  She said she noped out as fast as possible.  I thought I would have run into it by now but I'm not trying to look for it.  I'm guessing the only reason I haven't quite run into it yet is because I searched around Hyrule fields for a small bit before wandering into the Hebra region.  My luck I'll probably run into it on the way to Hateno.

Edit:  I'm actually sidetracked on my way to Hateno since I took a trip to The Great Plateau.  Trying to help out this "Goddess statue" and ended up taking another trip down into the depths from there.  This game does a really good job of just there being this overhanging sense of dread while you're down and even more so when you drop down.  Really feels like you're taking a portal to hell.

Edited by Sonichuman

Went straight to Hyrule Castle after getting the paraglider. Literally on the same Tower launch that got me the map scan, all I needed was some stamina food to make it there.

Spoiler

Got that TP Zelda bow with the busted range, the Champion's Leathers, could've gotten literally all the high-tier weapons but didn't want to because that would be too broken, got the entire Royal Guard set, the Hylian Shield, two shrines, punked a bunch of enemies, including Gloom Hands...

And got 350 Rupees off two chests.

All that with 4 hearts, no upgrades, nothing. Ran through Ganon's pockets like

Majin_Vegeta_troll_smile.gif

I just got done with a mission in the Depths and now I'm back down here almost immediately upon finding another chasm opening during my lunch break...I don't know when I'm ever going to get to Hateno at this rate lmao.

Something I just discovered upon trying to light up the area around me, those lil rock creatures down here eat your bright bloom seeds.  So if you happen to shoot one with an arrow in their vicinity and you don't kill them quickly then you can say goodbye to that light you just put down. 

....I feel like such an idiot and it's mostly due to me still trying to approach this game like BotW instead of thinking more so about the skills that Link has in TotK.  I'm talking about a certain tower in the Necluda region that won't open and Bilson is like "MAN...I REALLY WISH I HAD SOME TASTY MUSHROOMS OUT OF THE CAVE".   SMH....

I'm just starting to get into the idea of building now since its extremely useful for  getting around in the depths without having to worrt about Gloom...only issue I still have that 1 battery from the beginning lol.  I know what I'm gonna be focusing on after I get to Hateno.

Wife came across her first Gleeok (Flame) last night.  She wasn't intending on fighting it as she was just trying to get around it and of course it caught her movement in its periphery and the music kicked in immediately with the boss life bar and everything.  I'm both laughing and amazed as she's trying to flee for her life down the mountain and holy hell...this thing just being in a near vicinity to you seems to raise the temperture to unbearable heat.  Looks like gonna have to invest in some flame resistant drinks or clothes before I try to fight that one at least.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

....I feel like such an idiot and it's mostly due to me still trying to approach this game like BotW instead of thinking more so about the skills that Link has in TotK.  I'm talking about a certain tower in the Necluda region that won't open and Bilson is like "MAN...I REALLY WISH I HAD SOME TASTY MUSHROOMS OUT OF THE CAVE".   SMH....

I was so mad at that. 🤣

I was like "Ain't no damn mushrooms inside of this cave!" Then I got out of it, and then I was like "oh, that's kinda close... 😈 "

Well played, Nintendo.

The Battle Tali are fucking me up too. I really enjoy the fight until I stun the Talus and gotta Ascend through the finicky bastard. That shit is making me miss Revali's Gale so bad...

Went up into the sky and explored this island cluser and shot a string holding treasure chest without thinking.  Chest fell all the way to the surface and I tried to dive after it and winded up in Kakariko on accident.  So upon not finding the chest that dropped I just decided to explore and checked into the clothing store.  I get this woman is going through some things but GOD DAMN...The prices made me

giphy.gif