Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

My wife just ran into the Gloom again...well it didn't spot her and she started walking around it so it didn't spot her but she told me to look so I've now seen it with my own eyes.  So she climbed up to a higher spot and peered over the edge so I can get a look at it and then it noticed her....then the sky changed...then the music started and it started slowly creeping its way over.  ".....uhhhh....can that...come up here?"  *music getting more intense*  She didn't stick around to find out needless to say.    That is def some creep shit lol.  I'm definitely bombing the shit out of it whenever I come across it. 

On 5/19/2023 at 3:34 PM, TheInfernoman said:

So what is everyone gameplan/progress?

are you:

gathering resources?

stacking up hearts/stamina?

wandering for whatever?

completing the story?

cooking?

sidequesting?

anything and everything above?

I think I'll now focus on building my Zonai stuff because I need more battery life Imma farm some spots for stuff but is there a really good stop for getting things? I know the depths have things but anyone have that ONE spot to farm?

Just finished the Wind Temple, my first Regional Phenomenon main beat done, and one I strongly, STRONGLY recommend doing the Rito first!!
So, for my playthrough recording  the main goal is to eventually complete the story and geoglyphs. 

Explore the Depths to get Purah pad upgrades and Zonai devices.

Stack up stamina (at least 2 bars)...

Spoiler

...Its for something VERY IMPORTANT!

Do some of the particularly important or rewarding side quests!! 

Collect some of the useful armor first and then cool looking ones later.

Gather and use then dupe method resources...QoL (quality of life) glitching... go BRRR! 😁

and of course, Lynel and King Ghidorah (Gleeoks)  HUNTIN'!! 

Edited by CDB2k20

Just went ahead and beat Ganon before someone spoils it for me somewhere on the Net lol. 

The Ending is good.

Spoiler

Predictable and Nintendo, but still good. I really enjoyed this whole era of Zelda, I really wouldn't be upset to to keep going with these iterations of the characters. Would deffinitly need to be a different land from Hyrule tho lol. The whole final boss gauntlet is really cool. Once again I over prepared and stomped Ganon which is kind of unfortunate. They need to figure out a way to scale him based on what you've done because he's cool fight but man he was easy by the time I got to him. The 3rd Phase is another victory lap like last time but it's alot better this time then the Big Boar in Hyrule Field was. 

Game was fucking dope and much like Elden Ring I see myself playing this multiple times for a long time to come, which was the same for BOTW honestly. 

Hopefully have my thoughts more together about the general experience of the game tomorrow. 

Edit: Be sure to sit through to the end of the credits. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Just went ahead and beat Ganon before someone spoils it for me somewhere on the Net lol. 

The Ending is good.

Reveal hidden contents

Predictable and Nintendo, but still good. I really enjoyed this whole era of Zelda, I really wouldn't be upset to to keep going with these iterations of the characters. Would deffinitly need to be a different land from Hyrule tho lol. The whole final boss gauntlet is really cool. Once again I over prepared and stomped Ganon which is kind of unfortunate. They need to figure out a way to scale him based on what you've done because he's cool fight but man he was easy by the time I got to him. The 3rd Phase is another victory lap like last time but it's alot better this time then the Big Boar in Hyrule Field was. 

Game was fucking dope and much like Elden Ring I see myself playing this multiple times for a long time to come, which was the same for BOTW honestly. 

Hopefully have my thoughts more together about the general experience of the game tomorrow. 

Edit: Be sure to sit through to the end of the credits. 

I'm going to assume that when you are ready to give Ganondorf hands, you just jump into the chasm under the castle right?

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

One of the dragon's scared the bejesus out of me for a second cause I was around the big ass chasm in Kakariko and all I hear is this growling noise.  I look around for a moment and I don't see anything but every few seconds it keeps happening and suddenly I look up and it looks like it's coming right at me lol. 

I love how the Dragons fly in and out of the Chasm. They have a whole route through the Depths and everything it's awesome. 

I can see how looking up to one of those coming right for you would be startling tho lol. 

Edited by RSG3
21 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I love how the Dragons fly in and out of the Chasm. They have a whole route through the Depths and everything it's awesome. 

I can see how looking up to one of those coming right for you would be startling tho lol. 

I thought about diving in after the dragon but then I knew the chance of me coming back to kakariko and atleast doing half the quests and investigations here was going to go out the window.  I'm getting distracted by SO MUCH stuff in this game that its crazy.  I just remembered that I was in the middle of trying to get access to shrine in the islands and completely abandoned it when I dropped that chest in Kakariko.  I need to get back up there.

Getting the great fairies open asap was worth it. 

Spoiler

I didn't like the side quest for it but now my gear is properly beefed up so I can handle enemies up to a Lynel no problem again. 

About the gloom hands

Spoiler

They're easier to deal with if you have your summoned friends running around. The hand grab them making it much easier to fight them. I finally beat the one inside the Deku tree which I didn't know was what I needed to do to get back my master sword. Also good thing I beefed up stamina before hearts for that reason. 

52 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Getting the great fairies open asap was worth it. 

Hide contents

I didn't like the side quest for it but now my gear is properly beefed up so I can handle enemies up to a Lynel no problem again. 

About the gloom hands

Hide contents

They're easier to deal with if you have your summoned friends running around. The hand grab them making it much easier to fight them. I finally beat the one inside the Deku tree which I didn't know was what I needed to do to get back my master sword. Also good thing I beefed up stamina before hearts for that reason. 

Gloom Hands Tips

Spoiler

The Hands also get rocked by the flash fruit, and ice fruit/Ice Chu Jelly. Can freeze or stun the entire mob.

Edited by RSG3
7 hours ago, RegH81 said:

This article popped up on my phone via Google.

TOTK Would Be Much Better Without the Combat

Combat in TOTK and BOTW is fun AF and there are so many different ways you can go about it. The article is missing the forests for the trees.

1144034242_Soniclookingatunknown.thumb.g

This take...I don't even know what to do with this take cause its really dumb at first thought and at worst destructive to the game itself the more you think about it.  I can understand the people who don't like breakable weapons but this?  I legit don't think this guy put real thought into what he's saying at all.  Without the combat there's no reason to look around for weapons or koroks.  There's less incentive to do just about everything in the game.  You can put money in the caves and jewels yeah but that's part od the economy to put towards clothes to explore and put more defense or extra perks on yourself which you would be less incentivized to do.  No combat means getting to and being in the dungeons would be less interesting.  We're now just solving the puzzles in the dungeon to get a cutscene...no bosses.  Hell what are we gonna do when we get to Ganondorf now?  That just gonna be resolved with a cutscene too?  Removing the combat would cripple the game regardless of your feelings on it.

11 hours ago, RegH81 said:

This article popped up on my phone via Google.

TOTK Would Be Much Better Without the Combat

Combat in TOTK and BOTW is fun AF and there are so many different ways you can go about it. The article is missing the forests for the trees.

We can throw hands against several goddamn Baby "King Ghidorahs" in this bitch!!!

spacer.png

Fuck outta here with TOTK would be better w/o combat!!

New video from TOTK Playthrough series:  Got a new cutscene and just shrine hunting

and trying to doing the important side quests

Spoiler

Edited by CDB2k20

Just got startled by something in the Depths....

Spoiler

THE FUCKING TREES CAN COME ALIVE DOWN HERE TOO!?  I don't know why I didn't think there would be Gloom trees down here...maybe because most of them look dead?

Man my whole play session today has been down here in in the depths under the Necluda region.  I feel like I've simultaneously explored a ton down here and then when I pull the map out to see how far I've gone it feels like I've barely done shit lol.

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Just got startled by something in the Depths....

Hide contents

THE FUCKING TREES CAN COME ALIVE DOWN HERE TOO!?  I don't know why I didn't think there would be Gloom trees down here...maybe because most of them look dead?

Man my whole play session today has been down here in in the depths under the Necluda region.  I feel like I've simultaneously explored a ton down here and then when I pull the map out to see how far I've gone it feels like I've barely done shit lol.

Facts

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Alot of the BoTW glitches and exploits are nerfed or removed in Tears. Including some speed running exploits.

I had only noticed that they cut Whistle Running, but that was pretty much the only speedrunning tech I used.

Besides that, Link kinda feels like a direct port, including the jump cancels on 2-handed weapons.

That definitely makes TotK speedrunning more interesting now...

Poking around in the Zonai Ruins and my ass just discovered I skipped the ENTIRE beginning of the final Sage Quest......

Fuck me bro hahaha

Edit: Also half way decent tip, if your in need of a particular elemental stone like a Ruby or a Topaz instead of mining for one you can kill a Wizrobe of the proper element then take their weapon to Tarry Town and have the gem removed from the weapon shaft for 20 Rupees. This is a pretty decent early game money making scheme to. 

Edited by RSG3
8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Poking around in the Zonai Ruins and my ass just discovered I skipped the ENTIRE beginning of the final Sage Quest......

Fuck me bro hahaha

Edit: Also half way decent tip, if your in need of a particular elemental stone like a Ruby or a Topaz instead of mining for one you can kill a Wizrobe of the proper element then take their weapon to Tarry Town and have the gem removed from the weapon shaft for 20 Rupees. This is a pretty decent early game money making scheme to. 

This is very good to know.  I still haven't gotten to over there fully yet lol.   I just upgraded my batteries finally so I have 3 full batteries for anything I make so I'm not falling out of the sky prematurely.

Edited by Sonichuman
11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Fuck me bro hahaha

I'd guess you could stick a Diamond on some weapon to shank something, go to Tarrey Town, unfuse it before it breaks and then sell it at full price.

24 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Did a dive shrine quest this morning that was extremely cloudy.  Ended up pancaking myself twice in the process of trying to complete it cause of no visibility lol.

The Thundercloud Islands over the Zonai Ruins?

There's a sky island waaaay over in the bottom right corner that I tried to investigate but the moment I started getting close to it and realized what was on it, I started having regrets.  I figured I'd still try to get over there and just let the fates decide what was gonna happen.....The fates decided that my glider wasn't going to make it and I'd drown in the ocean.

Also don't trust the Eventide Chasm...You do not get even a hint of a landing light

https://twitter.com/Sonic103185/status/1662883931488919552