Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: Windblight cooking up its Thanksgiving bird early!

Picking up right where we left off, GOAT Nintendo brings to you the answer to the age-old question: How the hell did Ravioli job to Windblight!?

Treehouse tomorrow with more info about AoC!!!

Age of Calamity Trailers, including the one released today!

AoC Gameplay vids with subs:

AoC BotW Comparison

Don't forget, this is a general Zelda thread, not just AoC-based, so if you got some sick footage of BotW Bomb Parries and general Lynel dunking, post it here!!!

Edited by Volt
New thread title.
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

🤣 The thread title’s almost as beautiful as the first time i played Ocarina. 

I am looking forward to this HW game though. I didn't think I’d be but it looks like fun. I may ask for it for Christmas from the wifey

You tried any Warriors game like I told you to?

Switch actually got some good options. There's the GOAT DW8, Fire Emblem Warriors is a lot cooler than I expected despite the cloned movesets and Hyrule Warriors is solid.

Yeah, the thread title was the one thing I really worked on. I thought I'd have more time for the rest before the next trailer. 🤣

Man Hestu giving you a shiny golden pile of shit is oneof the absolute best quest rewards ive ever seen, especially fo what amounts to such a silly side quest. Nintendo needs to keep this kind of shit up. 

Ipersonally hate the Warriors games, but man...Age of Waifus'...er I mean Calamity actually looks pretty fun so far, and I wont lie it being a PRequel to BOTW endears it to me a lot more then it would have otherwise. 

47 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I honestly want to go back and complete BOTW properly. I did Vah Naboris, upgraded my tools (Master Sword and Hylian Shield) and finished Ganon. I was just going about the castle and saw the room Ganon was in but wasn't expecting the fight to be triggered. 

Once i saw the cutscene start:

tenor.gif?itemid=16072051

Yea man you deffinitly need to get back to it. The Divine Beasts and Ganon are like 5% of the game.

Edited by RSG3
19 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

That's the plan at some point. Knowing that I left off about 90% of the game on the table gnaws at my ego. 

Ive been plugging away at my Hero Mode run. Almost done. Got all the Devine Beasts done last week, whooped Ganon, reloaded, started the DLC,  Im at 87 Shrines, 120 Korok Seeds (These things are legit fun to look for imo, they rock, I have yet to poke my nose somewhere and not find SOMETHING) Maxed out Stamina Wheel and 14 full hearts. 

I think im gonna go ahead and find all the Shrines this time and get that Hero of the Wild gear. Learning i can buy Compedium Photos from Simin saved this file cuz 
I never photographed any of the Blights lol so i thought i missed out on the 100% (Minus all 900 Korok seeds cuz im never gonna do that lol)

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Learning i can buy Compedium Photos from Simin saved this file cuz 
I never photographed any of the Blights lol so i thought i missed out on the 100%

If you got the DLC, I'm pretty sure you can just snap em when you do the rematches.

I got the (2nd) DLC, and immediately got pissed off with a shrine with a thousand blades and swinging spikeballs, felt like some bollocks Mario Maker challenge. Did I give up on it too soon? I didn't read more (I know what the final reward is) for fear of spoilers, but I didn't want to plough through a tonne of that.

Just now, JustBrowsing said:

I got the (2nd) DLC, and immediately got pissed off with a shrine with a thousand blades and swinging spikeballs, felt like some bollocks Mario Maker challenge. Did I give up on it too soon? I didn't read more (I know what the final reward is) for fear of spoilers, but I didn't want to plough through a tonne of that.

I remember that one. Some Kaizo shit alright. 🤣

But yeah, it's definitely worth the trouble.

I'll have to get back into it over Winter. I like the start of the game so much I restarted (thinking I'd never go back to my 120 shrine save anyhow) and kinda lost interest once I got the MS, but the idea of long nights fannying about on a glider and not getting much done sounds good.

I did all of the missions in my normal run at the beginning of the year. All that’s left is getting another 450 (or so) koroks and taking pictures of everything for the compendium... I do miss the game though. I’m just not sure if I want to run around for another month to get a gold turd or if I should start speed running or doing some sort of new challenge with it (like a deathless run?).

I’m curious if any of you guys have replayed it and what you did differently.

I did try master mode, but I don’t really like it to be honest. Not so much because the enemies are tougher, but they break all of your weapons early game and it honestly seems best to just avoid every fight you can, which sucks imo.

Edited by Mattatsu
37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This is 100% true, too bad Ive already done two of them lol. 

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure you can re-do them.

Or at least I'm told the Champions have some different lines after a set number of wins against them.

13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’m curious if any of you guys have replayed it and what you did differently.

I did. Only 5 food slots. No stacking food on the same slot or eating anything raw. (Especially bass).

It makes the game considerably harder.

• Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: Windblight cooking up its Thanksgiving bird early!