Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: Windblight cooking up its Thanksgiving bird early!

I just thought of something that I don't why I didn't think of before until I started watching the datamined video from Gamexplain.  The 4 champs get killed by blights but Rhoam was in the castle literally in the middle of ground zero when shit hit the fan.  Dude is gonna get bodied personally by Ganon and we might be able to play/see those events too.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I just thought of something that I don't why I didn't think of before until I started watching the datamined video from Gamexplain.  The 4 champs get killes by blights but Rhoam was in the castle literally in the middle of ground zero when shit hit the fan.  Dude is gonna get bodied personally by Ganon and we might be able to play/ see those events too.

Dude I really hope so, that would be sick. With that said do we know Roam was at the Castle? I don't remember. I mean it's a really safe assumption, but at the same time he haunts The Great Plateau and thays where his grave is to...but them him and all the Champs are at the Castle at the end...man I dunno lol. 

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Dude I really hope so, that would be sick. With that said do we know Roam was at the Castle? I don't remember. I mean it's a really safe assumption, but at the same time he haunts The Great Plateau and thays where his grave is to...but them him and all the Champs are at the Castle at the end...man I dunno lol. 

It was mentioned in the lore that Rhoam got trapped in the castle soon as the shit started.  If I remember correctly Zelda mentions it in one of the cutscenes but I do remember that he got trapped in the castle.  I hope he goes out like a badass.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It was mentioned in the lore that Rhoam got trapped in the castle soon as the shit started.  If I remember correctly Zelda mentions it in one of the cutscenes but I do remember that he got trapped in the castle.  I hope he goes out like a badass.

Based on BOTW I really like Rhoam, even if he kinda fucked up bad his intentions where good. Its really unfortunate he seemed to figure out juuuust a tad too late.

I also hope he goes out like a fucking boss. I hope they all do. Man...what If Link is the main source of all the dead Guardians outside Fort Hateno before he got bopped. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Based on BOTW I really like Rhoam, even if he kinda fucked up bad his intentions where good. Its really unfortunate he seemed to figure out juuuust a tad too late.

I also hope he goes out like a fucking boss. I hope they all do. Man...what If Link is the main source of all the dead Guardians outside Fort Hateno before he got bopped. 

Considering what we know of him?  I wouldn't be surprised if he was at least responsible for half of the corpses out there.  This man was reflecting beams off guardians BEFORE he even became a champion.  You wanna talk about beast?

I remember kind of rolling my eyes wheb I read that lore, but it was a mistake cuz when I thought about it for a moment it dawned on me the majority of Links are about 10 years old. Even OOT Link is basically a 10 year old even as an adult, he slept through those 7 years. 

Edited by RSG3

Played the demo of Age of Calamity again. Found some items I didn't find before. Link is at level 12 now and I fused some weapons for moar damage.

I was watching my nephew play the demo last night. He was comboing fire rod with runs and I'm like "You can DO that?!" 😲

Also, you can have Link fight in his underpants.  

• 2 weeks later...

Played AoC the whole day.

Gonna post some opinions on movesets and gameplay.

Spoiler

Just got Urbosa and Revali.

Link is really cool.

1H Sword moveset is basic, but fun and there's a lot of tricks up its sleeve. Honestly an upgrade over HW1's Link moveset.

Two-Handed moveset is bonkers. You'd expect it to be slow, but you get range, damage and speed with it. Even the non-buffed attacks are straight up good.

The Spear moveset is the typical duelist moveset. It's not really good against crowds, but it's fast and does not struggle damage-wise like BotW. Very nice mobility and actual silly range with charged C1.

Link's Sheikah Runes are kinda trash tho. Cryonis is just another launcher, but he has a lot of better ones. Bombs are really slow and clunky. Decent AoE in a pinch tho.

Impa is probably one of the most busted Warriors characters I've ever seen. The clones are just as crazy as predicted, but to make things even crazier, her strong attacks are pretty good and it's ridiculously easy to stack up clones. Her runes are also extremely silly.

Urbosa is really nice and the Lightning gimmick gives her a very well-rounded yet hard-hitting moveset. She pretty much has a tool for everything. Her Runes are pretty good too, especially the Bomb because you can just toss it and get a free air combo on top of the weakness exposing effect.

Revali is also broken. His flying gimmick just gives him a ton of mobility and demolishes crowds. Kinda clunky since I'm not super used to it yet, but he's good. Runes are pretty good too, but nothing to write home about.

Zelda... Is hard. Her combos kinda lack range and are somewhat bad at crowd control, but setting up her C1 traps make her pretty ok. Rolling bomb (I think it's C3?) is the best move I got for her rn. Her R1 Runes are pretty dope. Bomb turret is cool.

Overall, it's a pretty good game gameplay-wise. A lot of QoL enhancements like a dedicated dash option, Parries and Flurries translated well from BotW and they actually made Kohga harder than BotW. 🤣

About the story...

Spoiler

I can't help but feel it's shaping up to be a bust.

Why did they have to add time travel to it? It barely even makes a difference so far and it can go so, so wrong down the road...

Besides that awful decision, early game is about what people expected. Link rising through the ranks, the Champs being recruited and trouble brewing on their home towns. 

Too early to say, but damn, Egg is already a huge problem. It doesn't even make sense for it to be right on Zelda's Room and not get corrupted, but to make things worse, there's an evil one that did, so we got 2 timelines intruding on the AoC one.

Really fucking stupid decision and I'll be very, very surprised if it turns out well. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Played a bunch of AoC last night with the wife and Urbosa....mmmmmm... Yeah this is my main right now.  I don't even care that her super puts the game into to single frame digits whenever we're in the same area.  EVERYTHING DIES!!!

hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-10-07-20

Urbosa's super puts Storm's MVC Super 1 to shame.

As you said...EVERYTHING DIES!!!

My mains so far are Link (the boy has combos w/everything)

The WIFE/Urbosa...

She-Naurto aka Impa

max shadow clone army = 

tenor.gif

and Zelda for her unique gameplay with the Shelkah slate..and other reasons:

tOhDI6.gif