Stage Select

The Metal Thread

I've been going back and listening to metal albums I always wanted to check out when I was in school but didn't have the money to buy. Spotify is a godsend! 

Slayer-'Undisputed Attitude'

The Kovenant- 'Animatronic'

Corrosion Of Conformity: 'Blind' (this album has some of the heaviest sounding guitars ever!)

On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, DoctaMario said:

I've been going back and listening to metal albums I always wanted to check out when I was in school but didn't have the money to buy. Spotify is a godsend! 

Slayer-'Undisputed Attitude'

The Kovenant- 'Animatronic'

Corrosion Of Conformity: 'Blind' (this album has some of the heaviest sounding guitars ever!)

You could have listened to those years ago on youtube lol.

It's been years since I listened to Undisputed Attitude. I don't know if you are aware, but the album is mostly covers of punk songs.

The Kovenant even more years since I checked them out. They used to go by Covenant before they went more industrial

On 10/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, AriesWarlock said:

You could have listened to those years ago on youtube lol.

It's been years since I listened to Undisputed Attitude. I don't know if you are aware, but the album is mostly covers of punk songs.

The Kovenant even more years since I checked them out. They used to go by Covenant before they went more industrial

They were albums I wanted to check out but basically forgot about until recently. Although now that I think of it, I had a tape dub of the CoC album. And yeah I knew some of the songs on that Slayer album already, but I was curious as to how they'd do them, if they'd go straight cover or Slayer them up a bit. 

The Kovenant is weird. I got into a mood to hear KMFDM and remembered that they existed and I'm not normally terribly into growling cookie monster vocals but the way this guy annunciates combined with the distortion on his vocals makes for an interesting sound. He actually sings more on the follow up record they did and I actually liked the growling better. 

• 1 month later...