Stage Select

The Metal Thread

16 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I can't be the only one hearing Offspring's Gone Away all throughout this song. This is almost as blatant as when Alter Bridge  and their song Show Me a Leader straight up jacked the main riff of Ayami Hamasaki's song Evolution 

Interesting. It's been a while. How are things?

3 hours ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Interesting. It's been a while. How are things?

I’m doing! I’m true Metal spirit I’m making a lot of people angry but I’m energizing a lot of people too.

I saw Metallica last August with my college chum, the band we bonded over! Ice Nine Kills and Greta Van Vleet opened for them and it was amazing. Top 3 show Ive ever attended. For stuff coming up I’m thinking In Flames and maybe GWAR. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

They get memed on a lot but Disturbed is a band pretty near and dear to me.  I wouldn't even be posting in this thread if not for them. They were one of the first bands to really use the internet via their official forum to connect with their fans and you get the feel that they're genuine good people which can't be said for many of their contemporaries in that particular wing of the genre where people will insist they aren't metal even when they meet the criteria for it. If Sevendust can be on the metal side then so can Disturbed.

This video was so good when it came out, I picked up the Disturbed comic about their mascot and I need to sit down and read it. The Vengeful One was a great video with him too.

I like how this guy covers this song. I could see Disturbed doing it exactly like this, maybe speeding it up a quarter to give it that real Ten Thousand Fists type speed. I think the lyrics, even though it's a LOTR song, would fit well with other issues Disturbed would cover like the Charlottesville Riot (Fire burning on the mountainside) or the California fires.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I've been hearing about these guys a lot on Liquid Metal.  What's your opinion on them? 

Simply put, I really like them.

Specially the last albums, there is a lot of creativity in the guitar work that is captivating, at least for me.

Now, be aware that their 1st albums are different from their later works, since they were more akin to deathcore at the start, and from Immortal onwards taking a more symphonic and more technical metalcore/metal style.

But the funny thing is that their 1st eps before their 1st albums are more similar to their later works.

I am still going through their discography, since I learned about them recently as well.

And I am taking my time, playing many songs a lot of times to catch stuff that I could have missed when listening the previous time, lol.

For any fans of WWE Day of Reckoning 2, the guys in charge of the OST A Dark Halo is active again and making new music. if you're a fan of Mick Gordan's solo stuff or Fear Factory, this may be the band for you.

A few years ago they remixed their classic album that has all the DoR2 tunes

And here's their new shit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/drummer_gene_hoglan_opens_up_on_godfather_of_death_metal_chuck_schuldiner_not_a_big_fan_of_the_music_industry.html

Rick Rozz:

(Y) A LOT OF FANS OF THIS ALBUM DON'T KNOW THAT THE SONGS WERE WRITTEN IN "1985/1986" IN "BILL ANDREWS GARAGE" AND THE ONLY REASON "MASSACRE" RELEASED THIS RECORD IN 199I IS BECAUSE "DIGBY PERSON AT EARACHE RECORDS WAS A FAN OF THE DEMOS" AND ASKED "DAVID VINCENT" TO GIVE ME CALL ABOUT PUTTING OUT A RECORD, AND I THANK THEM BOTH, UNTIL THE END. CHEERS & PEACE (Y)
"Just the facts"

332477093_512693674380790_53782595183457

20 hours ago, Demoniac said:

Haiduk - Sea of Fire

Hey, cool song. How;s the band doing? Did you do some touring yet?

Edited by AriesWarlock
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 4:15 AM, AriesWarlock said:

@Abbachiomaybe you'll like that^. Black metal with some punk

https://melissanyc.bandcamp.com/music

Hey thanks man, that's a really good release. The tracks Breonna and Christopher are really fucking good, not quite sure I see any punk there outside of the standard punk influence in black metal but it could be lyrically I guess but I dunno, I've seen lots of newer bands going with the we're black metal/punk but I can only ever really hear the black side of it. Either way still really enjoyable.

Since the temperature is dropping and the days are shorter I've found myself back on a Paysage d'Hiver kick. Unapologetically  raw, atmospheric and cold as fuck. It's def not for everyone, even those who like the black metal scene, but to me it's some of most beautiful music written. 

@DoctaMario

Though of a couple of black metal releases for you, you may get a long with

Behexen's last 2 releases feature more low growls, Drudkh I'm not too sure where else to look but they have a bunch of releases with some being higher rasps and some being lows. Behemoth have basically done lows for all their albums apart from like their first 2-3.

When you say you don't like the "shrieking" is it more the very high stuff like Cradle of Filth or just the general black metal vox?

Maybe Immortal would be up your alley?

• 2 weeks later...

@AbbachioThink you might like this. One-woman band black metal/crust/punk/etc. I liked the song Victimized.

165076954_237148548107557_79455354080676

Antifascist Black Metal Network presents Marthe, a one-woman project of Marziona Silvani, an outspoken antifascist and feminist, based in Bologna, Italy, bringing into this gloriously impious amalgam black/epic doom metal, the crust, and the hardcore elements of her long-presence in the anarcho-punk scene.