Stage Select

The Game Music Thread 🎵

I thought there was a lot of Metroid tracks getting placed on OCR lately...it was only after giving a listen to this ( It's ok so far...I feel like Viking Guitar could and has done better imo) and looking at the description for it that I found out that a 3rd Harmony of a Hunter album got released.  I'll probably download it and give it a listen through...if anything really grabs me I'll post it like I normally do.

Edit:

Also noticed that F-Zero X got put up on sittingonclouds....been contemplating adding some F-Zero music to my library other than what I have from the Smash games.

Edit 2:  I though the F-Zero album that got recently put up on sittingonclouds was actually the OST from the SNES and it actually ended up being a really awesome Jazz arrangement album based on the original SNES game.  Extremely pleasant surprise and highly recommended!

Edited by Sonichuman

This came across my feed today

I'm still currently listening to it...currently at the Dam.   I was skeptic of this at first but this guy seems to have done a pretty solid job updating the game's music.  It's really straight forward, still using synth for most of the track but he substitutes out the synth guitar for a real guitar.  Apparently this guy put it up about a little over 2 years ago. 

Edit: Also throwing it out there he has a download link for this in the description if you want it.

Edited by Sonichuman

@RSG3I know I mentioned this awhile back but I've been messing around modded ME3. I found guide that basically allows you install as many mods as possible. So I, after a couple tries, have got it up and running. It's like a whole new game. The NPC count on the Citadel is cranked up, particularly of the alien species. There has been some NPC swaps for spoken characters. The Bloodpack leader that you take our for Aria to gain her support was a Vorcha, which made no sense. He's now a Krogan. Squadmates have multiple sets of clothing. ME2 squadmates that just rocked their ME2 gear in ME3 included. Hell Jacob and Miranda actually wear armor in combat situations. Multiplayer only enemies have been added into the main single player game. This $11 bucks I spent for ME3 key has been the best value in years fam. Hell, I even found a mod that fixes Female Shepard's twig arms. 

Spoiler

Original

dezSeR3.png

Modded

tPWjxpq.png

3IUrdtR.png

Edited by Darc_Requiem
31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3I know I mentioned this awhile back but I've been messing around modded ME3. I found guide that basically allows you install as many mods as possible. So I, after a couple tries, have got it up and running. It's like a whole new game. The NPC count on the Citadel is cranked up, particularly of the alien species. There has been some NPC swaps for spoken characters. The Bloodpack leader that you take our for Aria to gain her support was a Vorcha, which made no sense. He's now a Krogan. Squadmates have multiple sets of clothing. ME2 squadmates that just rocked their ME2 gear in ME3 included. Hell Jacob and Miranda actually wear armor in combat situations. Multiplayer only enemies have been added into the main single player game. This $11 bucks I spent for ME3 key has been the best value in years fam. Hell, I even found a mod that fixes Female Shepard's twig arms. 

Reveal hidden contents

Original

dezSeR3.png

Modded

tPWjxpq.png

3IUrdtR.png

Think you meant for this to go in a dif thread.

The guy earlier also did remake albums for 3 other games on his channel upon checking him out out out of curiosity.

listening through his take on ALttP right now and I don't think it's as impressive as his updating of Goldeneye's OST but it's still good from what I've listen to thus far.  Looks like he doesn't have download links for either of these 3 though.

Gamechops is releasing a Pokemon remix album this Sat

Description:

Dynamaxed is an electrifying adventure, exploring a vast array of genres and styles, and Duzzled demonstrates his versatility as a producer in this ambitious 14 track anthology. With fiery electro-house beats, earth-shaking dubstep grooves, and flowing future bass melodies, DYNAMAXED is video game music like you’ve never heard it before. The album’s lead single, “Pokemon League” is a tribute to late YouTuber Etika, Duzzled selected this song as it was one of his favorites. The album features notable collaborations with other top game remixes, including “Super Lofi World” producer Helynt on “Twinleaf Town,” and producer/streamer GlitchxCity on “Farewell.” Duzzled has something to offer on the album for every Pokemon fan, featuring tunes from both classic games and new entrants series. From the original Pokemon Red and Blue from 1996 all the way up to the Sword and Shield installments of 2019, this collection of remixes is a celebration of the music of Pokemon.

Edit:  Looks like they changed the date to be this Fri.

Edited by Sonichuman

Since I was late to the Octopath Traveler train, I'm just now seeing these videos on the game's soundtrack.

Apparently, the compositions were made with the intent of not having too many instruments playing at once, something retro RPGs also had to do because of the limited hardware.

Reminder that Dynamaxed is out.  Listening to the first track and personally liking what I'm hearing on it.  Don't know how if I'll like the rest enough to buy it though cause often times when someone specializes in electro and dub they tend to go not be able to hold back on the wubbage to the point it starts to sounds over produced or annoying.

I wonder what it must be like to a game composer from the 80s & 90s and see people doing legit hard core full covers of your old as shit Beep beep boop boop tunes.

I cant imagine anyone composed those old Midi tracks thinking "These tunes will have longevity, definitely gonna be listening to these in 30/40 years." Like they definitely worked hard to make quality music, there is no denying it, but to see those tunes still be remembered and being transformed into...this stuff...gotta be an amazing feeling.

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I wasn't sure I'd posted it already, I post The Last Remnant's OST. That game had great music. 

I dont really have a "Backlog" I just buy shit and play it when Im in the mood. With that said I have The Last Remnant in my "Backlog" and i always hear amazing things about, I should probably get in the mood to play it some time soon.

Edit: Aaaaand a quick Google Search to make sure I am remembering right proves me a dolt. I am thinking of Lost Odyssey, the MistWalker RPG. The Screenshots of The Last Remnant look interesting tho, what is this game?

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I dont really have a "Backlog" I just buy shit and play it when Im in the mood. With that said I have The Last Remnant in my "Backlog" and i always hear amazing things about, I should probably get in the mood to play it some time soon.

Edit: Aaaaand a quick Google Search to make sure I am remembering right proves me a dolt. I am thinking of Lost Odyssey, the MistWalker RPG. The Screenshots of The Last Remnant look interesting tho, what is this game?

The Last Remnant is hit or miss. I loved the game but a lot of people didn't. The 360 version being a slide show with bad texture pop in didn't help things. The PC release was great though. Frame rate is great, texture pop in was virtually eliminated, and it had several QoL changes. In the 360 version you had a limited amount unique units that could be placed in your battalion. In the PC version you can fill every slot with them. The merc hiring system is basically pointless on PC. Battles in TLR can take a long time because but they added a "Turbo" mode to the PC version that speeds things up substantially. 

I personally enjoyed the unique battle system and the overall aesthetic. The story is sort of run of the mill but the world and it's lore are no't. It's a weird dichotomy. Playing through the game as many times a I have, I enjoyed picking up on aspects of the lore I hadn't noticed or just flat out missed. It released around the time FFXIII was a thing. The devs talked about not being able to include towns in FFXIII because it would be too resource intensive. Meanwhile TLR, their own game, had multiple towns with unique architectures. If you snag the game, be warned that it has missable quests and it can be difficult at times if you bite off more than you can chew or pick the wrong strats in battle.

The "Remastered" version is basically just the PC version running in UE4 instead of UE3. Unless SE is selling keys to the PC version on their site, only the "Remastered" version is available. PC version has been delisted on Steam. So you can't DL it unless you already own it. I did triple dipped on the game.  I've bought and beaten it on 360, PC, and Switch. Switch conversation was excellent BTW. I'm going to change my name to Dime Requiem.....:tldr:

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@Sonichuman

I actually just listened to it this morning when it came up in my feed.  Surprisingly though I'm not feeling it as much as I would like to.  Think its mostly where the instrumentation is in the arrangement and not the arrangement itself.

I will say that I don't like how the main synth that comes in at 0:15 sounds in comparison to the rest of it.  Kinda almost reminds me of Sonic 4's synth...which I am not a fan of.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

1st Wii is hacked.

Now is the turn of the Wii Mini, which to do so, forced me to install linux, eww.

The good thing is that besides that, i had everything i needed for it, so hacking it wouldn't be difficult.

BTW, i wasn'0t aware that there was a revision of the older model that removed the gamecube controller ports and memory cards.

My brother was ready to purchase some extra controllers to use with that port before i stopped him.

He plans to use that Wii with his girlfriend, meanwhile i am gonna sell the hacked mini, at least it will give me enough money to purchase Melty Blood, lol.

Think you may have posted this in the wrong thread.

• misterBee changed the title to The Game Music Thread 🎵

From the description:

“Lower Brinstar” from Metroid gets a lofi hip-hop reimagining with chilled piano and smooth grooves. 🪐 This is the first single on our forthcoming album, “Samus & Chill” Stream & Support Lower Brinstar ▸ https://smarturl.it/ChewieBrinstar Tune in With Chewie - real name Nestor Estrada - is a composer and producer based in Los Angeles, California. Though the music of the Metroid series is known for its otherworldly and haunting melodies, Chewie takes on a decidedly more relaxed and uplifting approach to Super Metroid’s “Lower Brinstar”. Featuring vintage-styled synths, soft pianos, and a chillhop beat - this is the perfect soundtrack, whether you’re exploring alien worlds or just chilling out on a rainy day. Chewie’s full album, Samus & Chill, releases on October 1st! Pre-order ~ https://smarturl.it/samuschill