Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

On 3/2/2018 at 10:51 PM, misterBee said:

I'm a bit behind. Haven't watched Thor or Black Panther yet. =(

Love the movies but haven't really seen any of the TV shows. I saw a part of an episode of Daredevil and it seemed ok. Watched an episode of SHIELD and wasn't really impressed...

Shield starts off really slow. I almost quit during the first season. I think most people did, but after the Winter Soldier came out, the show picked up steam. Honestly, it's the best comic book TV show. It's gotten better with each season. The rest of them have been up and down. Arrow peaked Season 2, bottomed out season 4 and is okay now. Flash peaked Season 1 IMO. Legends is dumb fun. Supergirl is not something I can recommend. It has it's moments but it's honesty insulting to the male audience at times.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:57 PM, Crucades said:

Black people stepped up the robbery so they can pad the ticket sales for their mediocre movie tho, Ragnarok was ace tho.

If you think there are enough black people in America to account for Black Panther's $501 million box office and that some how they managed to account for the $398 million in foreign box office, you are the essence of stupidity. BTW that $398 million doesn't include China, Japan, or Russia.

I just got to episode 10. Jessica Jones season 2 is okay. Not as good as the first. I'll give it points for being consistent quality wise but it's consistently above average. I don't get the feeling that the showrunner had a really compelling story to tell. Felt more like they need to crank out a season before the Disney streaming service gets up and running. I think that if you liked the first season, you'll enjoy this one. However, if you weren't a fan of Jessica Jones before, this season won't change your mind.

Side note: Am I the only one that found Trish annoying as fuck?

On 3/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I just got to episode 10. Jessica Jones season 2 is okay. Not as good as the first. I'll give it points for being consistent quality wise but it's consistently above average. I don't get the feeling that the showrunner had a really compelling story to tell. Felt more like they need to crank out a season before the Disney streaming service gets up and running. I think that if you liked the first season, you'll enjoy this one. However, if you weren't a fan of Jessica Jones before, this season won't change your mind.

Side note: Am I the only one that found Trish annoying as fuck?

Unlike the other netflix heroes there isn't a lot of source material to draw from for Jessica. After adapting the Kilgrave story the showrunners will need to create their own material if they want to keep things going as she doesn't have much else.

So I finished Jessica Jones season 2. They basically turned Trish into Simpson from season 1. By that I mean, I thought the character was okay initially. However, by the end of the season I could not stand them. I found Trish completely unlikable at the end of the season. @Hawkingbird I disagree with you, the Season had a villain it was Trish :lol:

1)She has a fiance that was actually a good dude that she completely dicks over.

2)After Jessica lets it slip that Malcolm has a thing for her. She hooks up with him and uses him.

3)She gets high off of Simpsons inhaler and then practically forces it on Malcolm, a recovering addict.

4)After Jessica finds a way to keep her mother off of the Raft and get weekly visitation, she goes off half cocked, kidnaps Malcolm and the Doctor, which ultimately ends in his death.

5)She shoots Jessica's mother dead.

6)Lastly, she does all of this because she selfishly wants super powers. She literally pulls the type of shit hates her own mother for to do it.

I'm half joking about the villain thing but she's a terrible person. I liked her in season 1. I hate her character now.

I just watched Jess S2.

It was decent, but fell flat in someways without Killgrave or Luke Cage.

The attempt to delve into her past and have the plot revolve around that was a nice idea.

I’ve never read any of her comics, but the twist that happens 1/2 way shocked me.

That character and Jess’s complicated relationship in the last 7 episodes was interesting to watch.

However, The character of Trish almost comes off as a villain more than the above character.

She was extremely unlikeable and I had little sympathy for her.

I was more sympathetic with Jeri Hogarth until the penultimate episode.

Malcom was my favorite character this season(probably he was more assertive)

Pryce Cheng AKA Daboog (but not fat or bald) felt like a wasted opportunity.

Oscar and his son trying to be a surrogate family for Jess was a nice contrast to all her craziness,but it seemed like Oscar was more a plot device (and DICK device wink)

I just hope that the fallout between Trish and Jess at the end isnt just swept under the rug in the next season. That happens a lot in CW shows, where there will be a big brouhaha and then 2 episodes everyone’s sunshine and rainbows.

I loled at how Jess lectured Malcolm that getting pussy is no better than drugs.

BEYOTCH, youre drunk 24/7 and fucking random boytoys in bars and down the hall after they fix your toilet/print illegal govt documents. You little hypocrite!

My favorite episode was 7 since there was a lot of backstory/flashbacks.

It was great to see REDACTEDagain in episode 10. It shows you how compelling that person was.

Overall: 7/10

(We need a compelling antagonist and some more likeable characters)

The second to last ranked MCU Netflix Season. (Iron Fist is 6.5/10 )

One other thing about both seasons of Jess is that I think 9-10 episodes/season would "flow" smoother. It feels like it builds to a point , then we're in a holding pattern for a few episodes and then it progresses.

Also, while this is a street level show, I wish there were some longer and better choreographed fights. There were mostly shoves/pushes , jumps, and 1 explosion. I think the longest fight is against the prison guy Dale and even then it was brief.

I don't want Jess to be DD 2.0, but since this is not a special effects heavy program, I think they could do more to liven it up a little.

Yeah, same here. I realized a small while ago that I might be completely burnt out on superheroes. The last Marvel movie I saw was Doctor Strange, and only because I was bored and surfing...certain websites. I'll probably see Infinity War because I don't want my near decade of watching Marvel movies to go to waste, but none of the trailers I've seen for it have made me feel anything.

I just hope they don't skimp out on character deaths.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot that I saw Homecoming. I remember liking that.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:24 AM, DangerousJ said:

I loled at how Jess lectured Malcolm that getting pussy is no better than drugs.

BEYOTCH, youre drunk 24/7 and fucking random boytoys in bars and down the hall after they fix your toilet/print illegal govt documents. You little hypocrite!

I don't think she was a hypocrite for saying that. To her to he was trading in one addiction for another.

Speculation:

Terry Crews may be playing Jesse Aaronson aka Bedlam.

His costume is similar  and in this screenshot on the right you can see the code name.

tumblr_inline_p5zy9bcY3o1sqxxme_540.png

latest?cb=20100614003840

2) The Asian girl with purple hair looks like psylocke, but It may turn out to be Surge.

(She was using electricity based power in the trailer)

3) In the airplane cargo hold, you can see a guy with a helmet similar to Shatterstar.

It seems this X-force is cherry picking characters from different runs.