Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Just saw this weeks wandavision. 

damn 

Spoiler

Agnes the bad guy but actually the good guy just doing bad guy things. 

Explaining Wanda’s powers fully (finally) 

Finally discovering what happened to trigger the Westview Hex 

HAYWARD FUCKING LYING ABOUT WANDA STEALING VISION

WHITE VISION

Edited by iStu X

Can't wait for the final episode its going to be EPIC!! 

Got to give MARVEL credit for this amazing series. I was one of those naysayers who thought this was going to be absolute garbage but boy was I proven wrong.

After the shit storm that was IRON FIST and the passable PUNISHER series,I was convinced this show would have been more of the same. Should have had more faith in the Mighty Marvel team.

Here's hoping they keep up the good work with the others they have planned coming down the pipeline. 

I'm really hyped for SHE HULK and FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER. LOKI and MS MARVEL don't really interest me much but I'll definitely keep my eye on them.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Counterstrike said:

Can't wait for the final episode its going to be EPIC!! 

Got to give MARVEL credit for this amazing series. I was one of those naysayers who thought this was going to be absolute garbage but boy was I proven wrong.

After the shit storm that was IRON FIST and the passable PUNISHER series,I was convinced this show would have been more of the same. Should have had more faith in the Mighty Marvel team.

Here's hoping they keep up the good work with the others they have planned coming down the pipeline. 

I'm really hyped for SHE HULK and FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER. LOKI and MS MARVEL don't really interest me much but I'll definitely keep my eye on them.

In fairness to Marvel, those were Netflix shows made in partnership with Marvel's TV division. Everything goes through Feige now.

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@AriesWarlockGiven Hollywood's hatred of gingers, she'd actually be a black queen if she were cast for a TV show 👀

A black Jean Gray (or another one) wouldn't be bad.

But they can find a chick to dye her hair or wear a wig. But you are right I mean look what they did to traditional gingers like Pepper Potts and Black Widow slowly  kept losing the red hair over time.

32 minutes ago, Wellman said:

A black Jean Gray (or another one) wouldn't be bad.

But they can find a chick to dye her hair or wear a wig. But you are right I mean look what they did to traditional gingers like Pepper Potts and Black Widow slowly  kept losing the red hair over time.

Nah fuck that. I'm tired of that lazy  nonsense. We already have good black characters. People are too lazy to try to promote them. They'd rather take a known quantity and race swap them. It's lazy and easy way for them to "check" the diversity box.

19 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In fairness to Marvel, those were Netflix shows made in partnership with Marvel's TV division. Everything goes through Feige now.

Yes and thank the Gods for that. They had a good run though it's just IRON FIST and PUNISHER really let me down.

I had especiallyy high hopes for FIST since it was the first time they placed a spotlight on the Living Weapon. 

It was like after the first Season they realized,yeah we @#$_&-!  up let's really turn up the heat here but by that time, the interest was already gone.

3 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

Yes and thank the Gods for that. They had a good run though it's just IRON FIST and PUNISHER really let me down.

I had especiallyy high hopes for FIST since it was the first time they placed a spotlight on the Living Weapon. 

It was like after the first Season they realized,yeah we @#$_&-!  up let's really turn up the heat here but by that time, the interest was already gone.

My wife and I binge watched Jessica Jones season 1 and really liked it. Daredevil was fucking great too. Havent watched Luke Cage yet

I’m curious which X-Men, Feige plans on giving us. Is it going to be the core 5 of Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean and Bobby? Or some of them and a mix of other popular characters like Kate Pyrde, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Gambit, etc? 

I mean, Wolverine is kind of a given but I’m still curious on who else and who their first villain will be. 

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m curious which X-Men, Feige plans on giving us. Is it going to be the core 5 of Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean and Bobby? Or some of them and a mix of other popular characters like Kate Pyrde, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Gambit, etc? 

I mean, Wolverine is kind of a given but I’m still curious on who else and who their first villain will be. 

Hopefully we get a comic accurate Rogue. Kills two birds with stone. She's a cool character and we get to put Carol Danvers in a coma.

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I doubt we will get the full 05 lineup. They're all about diversity now which is not the 05.

I'm guessing the lineup will be a mix of characters from 60s-2000s.

I expect one of the following characters to be blackened:

Xavier 

Magnus

Cyclops 

Iceman 

Angel

out of all of those I only see MAYBE Angel being black. Bobby being a black gay mutant would be interesting to see. But either way, both seem unnecessary. 

Unless they can get someone super famous that is also black or some other non white minority for the role, I doubt they make a change to any of the big named characters. 

And of the older super famous black actors, I am not sure any of them not currently in the movies in some role would want to mess with the multi film franchise outside of a one shot. Maybe they can get Idris Elba again but I don't know he is clearly suited for a Magneto role but he hated the helmet and bullshit they had him wear in the Thor movies.

7 hours ago, locoghoul said:

My wife and I binge watched Jessica Jones season 1 and really liked it. Daredevil was fucking great too. Havent watched Luke Cage yet

Luke Cage was a little slow in the begining but it picks up halfway through. I was pretty biased with the POWER MAN and IRON FIST comics so it kept me invested.

5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I doubt we will get the full 05 lineup. They're all about diversity now which is not the 05.

I'm guessing the lineup will be a mix of characters from 60s-2000s.

I expect one of the following characters to be blackened:

Xavier 

Magnus

Cyclops 

Iceman 

Angel

Meanwhile actual black mutants will get sidelined. It's not like the X-Men had a black team leader or female team leader in the 80s.....oh wait they had both.

68tbjdt9x7x51.jpg

533a265cb4e9d249454e01dfce2700b8.jpg

Edit: Her name is Jade Cargill BTW

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Meanwhile actual black mutants will get sidelined. It's not like the X-Men had a black team leader or female team leader in the 80s.....oh wait they had both 

Truth. 

For a while there I was like "Darc uhm did you forget about..." So you caught me.

I think it's cool that the MCU is trying to mix it up in the Ethnic department so we live in a world with a black Baron Mordo,an East Indian Flash and a mixed Mary Jane.

So as far as the X MEN go,we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I mean I'm as psyched as the next guy to see Thunderbird,maybe Sunfire,Synch, Bishop,Jubilee to have their time in the sun,but we know they'll all get swept under the rug in favor of the original team.