Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

11 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

you mad spider man GIF

Yes. I am. 

You posted a potential spoiler from a trailer people may not have wanted to click to stay spoiler free. 

then not even 24 hours after the episode you spoil a character actually didn’t appear. Thus, another spoiler. Quit being a piece of shit and have some respect for the other members here.

fucking a. 

Edited by iStu X

Nice a lot of action and that last scene got me pissed Dr. Strange 2 is going to take a year.

Spoiler

The Vision beating the Vision via logic was very nice. I am not a fan of giving White Vision back the memories but whatever.

Surprised and not surprised they wiped out the kids but left the door open for their return.

Monica... They let me down with. You give her powers and just have her do that? Friggin Tommy got a better display of his abilities. Plus the lame Skrull/Cap Marvel 2 teaser I was expecting more.

Also way to spoil the trick in the previously on section. Reminded me of Legend of Galactic Heroes and other old school sci fi anime where they Spoiler the next episode's entire plot in the preview

Edited by Wellman

I'm trying to binge Amazing Spider-man and all the stuff with Kindred since he looks cool but dear lord, whoever makes the storyboards for those early issues hopefully isn't still there.  It reminds me of the 90s comics in all of the absolute worst ways, not so much the plot but more the incoherence from panel to panel.  

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Any theories on what is gonna happen after that end credits scene? I'm not sure exactly what's gonna happen next, wasn't sure how to interpret it 

Spoiler

Not my only guess but one guess is Wanda finds a reality/universe to where she believes her kids are indeed real people so she goes to gets them. Which causes the multi-verse to go tits up which in turn forces Doctor Strange’s hand 

I don’t think Wanda will be the villain cause her motivations aren’t bad just twisted. And they’re likely being twisted by Chthon, the the ruler and god of chaos. It’s likely why she’s studying the Darkholm to learn more about chaos magic, trying to find her kids and why she relocated herself to Wundagore Mountain. Which is where Chthon was sealed eons ago. 

So Wanda and Strange will team up to reseal him either in the mountain or in the Darkholm. like I said, not my only guess but one of my guesses. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

Not my only guess but one guess is Wanda finds a reality/universe to where she believes her kids are indeed real people so she goes to gets them. Which causes the multi-verse to go tits up which in turn forces Doctor Strange’s hand 

I don’t think Wanda will be the villain cause her motivations aren’t bad just twisted. And they’re likely being twisted by Chthon, the the ruler and god of chaos. It’s likely why she’s studying the Darkholm to learn more about chaos magic, trying to find her kids and why she relocated herself to Wundagore Mountain. Which is where Chthon was sealed eons ago. 

So Wanda and Strange will team up to reseal him either in the mountain or in the Darkholm. like I said, not my only guess but one of my guesses. 

That definitely sounds plausible, I wasn't sure what was going besides the searching part. Thanks for the clarification, bro

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Any theories on what is gonna happen after that end credits scene? I'm not sure exactly what's gonna happen next, wasn't sure how to interpret it 

Soooo this may play into the eternals. 

Spoiler

The darkhold was put together by Morgan lefay based on c'thon spells I believe. Morgan has ties to the black knight who is going to be in the eternals movie. I assume this movie spans years covering from when they were first created to the modern day. So their may be some crossovers on that part. 

I think Wanda becomes corrupted by the book. It's a fucking book of evil shit and she's still the avatar for his power. He literally created chaos magic, Wanda is such a baby she has no idea. 

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Spoiler

I think through the darkhold Wanda's finds the souls of children exists somewhere in the multiverse and she wants to save them. Strange will have to get involved somehow.

7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Spoiler

As other have stated the common theory of things is that Wanda is going down a dangerous path trying to research how bring back the kids and control her powers. Given the success of WandaVision I doubt they make her the full on threat but she probably plays a role as either the living Macguffin or a heavy since they out right stated she is stronger then the Sorcerer Supreme is supposed to be and Strange no longer has the Time Stone as his ace. They are also rumored to have cast a young girl to play America Chavez so who knows.

The last scene does show her either using either some high level illusion or astral projection while awake.

Edited by Wellman
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

There's so many routes they could take with that, I used to be able to predict Marvel but I honestly can't anymore. Especially that bait and switch cameo from halfway in the season. 

I was expecting a certain comic event to happen at the end of Wanda Vision but that totally blew up In my face 

Spoiler

House of M I'm assuming?? Olsen did tease that a longgggg time ago so I can't blame you for going that route. It would have made sense within Wanda visio but who knows what else Marvel has up their sleeves.

So someone made an interesting point on Twitter yesterday. How the hell are people supposed to make the difference between mutants and other super powered being. Because logically it never really made sense in comics. Like most people somehow knew the difference but reality they won't. 

I'm thinking the mcu is gonna treat the social commentary aspect of it across the board. There's no way I can think that it will make sense how juggles are gonna be able to tell the difference. Even in comics it's weird like "oh he has a cape" *cheers* "oh Timmy has furry palms" *boo*

I think they might have to play it more up as ticking time bombs.. Basically how Americans treated Muslims after 9/11 and all super being get treated like shit and not just specifically mutants. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

How the hell are people supposed to make the difference between mutants and other super powered being. Because logically it never really made sense in comics. Like most people somehow knew the difference but reality they won't. 

They still got that bunk The Sokovia Accords that fucks with anyone Super, Mutant or otherwise.  

All of season 1 of WandaVoision is on Disney+ so I can finally binge!!!

A few days ago I was in my Books a Million before going to work and saw they had a single copy of The Mighty Thor Vol. 1. by Walter Simonson. And I got it for less than $7. I bought Vol. 4 about a year and a half ago and have wanting to get around to collecting and reading his whole Thor run. Three more books to go. I've heard nothing but great things about his run. Dude gave us Beta Ray Bill, a super awesome character that I found out about from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Flipping through Vol. 1, there's bonus stuff in here as well. Such as intros from past TPBs, sketches, etc. Can't wait to read that Frog Thor story whichever Vol. it is in.

19 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

All of season 1 of WandaVoision is on Disney+ so I can finally binge!!!

A few days ago I was in my Books a Million before going to work and saw they had a single copy of The Mighty Thor Vol. 1. by Walter Simonson. And I got it for less than $7. I bought Vol. 4 about a year and a half ago and have wanting to get around to collecting and reading his whole Thor run. Three more books to go. I've heard nothing but great things about his run. Dude gave us Beta Ray Bill, a super awesome character that I found out about from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Flipping through Vol. 1, there's bonus stuff in here as well. Such as intros from past TPBs, sketches, etc. Can't wait to read that Frog Thor story whichever Vol. it is in.

Enjoy man, I didn't know what to expect going in. It was a excellent show. 

I see that Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus is getting a reissue. I've missed out on that one before and I don't tend to miss it again. That sucker drops in May and I've already got it pre-ordered on Amazon. 

Amazon also has Walter Simonson's Mighty Thor in Omnibus format. I'm tempted to get that as the fifth book of the TPBs is currently out of new copies and buying the remaining vols. would amount to nearly the same price. 

I just finished Wandavision. I waited till all the episodes were released and then knocked it out.

Netflix spoiled me with having all episodes released at once.

I don't know much about SW and Viz from the comics but this was a pretty entertaining show and the season finale was heartfelt and informative.

I also loved seeing Olsen in the classic comic costume in episode. 6 and her new costume at the end.  Skeet skeet.

Evan Peters was funny in his cameo.

Cons:

Heyward was a limp villain.  

8/10

Hmm...I haven't read any marvel comics in years, but I liked the Rise Of The Imperfects. My favorites like Black Cat, Black Panther, and Venom, but I think Maya (Paragon) stands out more to me. 

I think out all known comics, the Spawn atmosphere is  more complete series of comics for me. I lean toward anti-heroism, than anything else. 

Edited by Emptyeyes

The finale felt rushed idk. Like there were at least 3 arcs they were doing at the same time. It shoulda been split into two episodes imo. Rambeau didnt do shit in the end. She was basically set up bait for later. The way Wanda leaves as well is very unreal, like she just puts on a hoodie and leaves. I really enjoyed the series though, adding Kat Dennings was an alley oop 

158717444_10159039165207488_174335746262

The expansive tapestry that makes up the world of HEROES REBORN continues to be revealed! Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness’ incredible new take on the Marvel Universe where the Avengers never assembled and the Squadron Supreme took their place as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes starts in May. But that’s only the beginning. On sale in June, this unpredictable story marches to its startling climax in HEROES REBORN #5-7 as the history and future of this new world is unveiled.

heroesreborn2021005-7_covs.jpg

american_knights.jpg

night-gwen.jpg

marvel_double_action.jpg

squadron_savage.jpg

weaponx_finalflight.jpg

2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

Hmm...I haven't read any marvel comics in years, but I liked the Rise Of The Imperfects. My favorites like Black Cat, Black Panther, and Venom, but I think Maya (Paragon) stands out more to me. 

I think out all known comics, the Spawn atmosphere is  more complete series of comics for me. I lean toward anti-heroism, than anything else. 

I was confused when you mentioned Paragon because I thought you meant the being that's now known as Kismet or Ayesha. He was "born" a man but reconfigured his body to that of a woman so that she and Adam Warlock could give birth to the perfect human beings.

But yeah I haven't read Rise of the Imperfects. The artist is not my liking but maybe I'll check it out.

If you are looking for anti-heroism, you can check out The Darkness from Top Cow comics.

https://www.comixology.com/The-Darkness/bundle/1321

Edited by AriesWarlock

Tim Seeley doing a marvel story has my interest. He’s an awesome writer and a super chill dude. He’s really good friends with my old store manager at the hobby shop I use to work at.

He’d visit her and our store whenever he was in town. He’d usually bring tons of signed prints for us to sell in our store too. Clayton Crane did as well. 

Edited by iStu X
Fucking autocorrect

I have paid no attention to the Squadron Supreme storyline so I am out of the loop. Did they use the old caucasian version of Nighthawk who just looks tanned in some of those images or his African American version from Supreme Power that was bouncing around the universe a few years back and put him in the old one's costume?

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Tim Seeley doing a marvel story has my interest. He’s an awesome writer and a super chill dude. He’s really good friends with my old store manager at the hobby shop I use to work at.

That's cool. I like his stories, so dark and grim. You should check out his work on the CHAOS! universe by Dynamite comics if you haven't already. When Dynamite brought over the characters from CHAOS! publishing, they did not acquire Lady Death, so they had to create a new character to fill the role of Evil Ernie's creator, Hel from the Asgardian gods pantheom. I asked Seeley if he had something to do with his design, and he answered me in the fan letters page in his Hack/Slash 2017 run:

wCpgqPi.jpg

When I asked him that, I didn't know that he indeed wanted a black metal aesthetic for Mistress Hel. Later I found out some sketches of her when Dynamite first announced they were introducing the CHAOS! characters to Dynamite:

spacer.png

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3259033/nycc-13-tim-seeley-brings-back-chaos-comics/

2965688.jpg

2965691.jpg

So yeah, Seeley is cool. Mistress Hel is black metal as... hel LOL🤘. And that art by Jay Anacleto is supreme^

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

I have paid no attention to the Squadron Supreme storyline so I am out of the loop. Did they use the old caucasian version of Nighthawk who just looks tanned in some of those images or his African American version from Supreme Power that was bouncing around the universe a few years back and put him in the old one's costume?

It's black Nighthawk. He appears in the recent 2015 run. They Namor a lesson!

Edited by AriesWarlock
36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Who is Night Gwen?

Either the alternate version of Spider Gwen aka Ghost Spider or Gwen Pool.

Edit: Damn they got rid of that crazy all black costume for the goofy original and stuck dude in that one? Brainwashing has to be involved in that plot, son was basically Killmonger with Bruce Wayne money, drive and no connection to Wakanda since his Earth got smoked last I checked.

Edited by Wellman
54 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Either the alternate version of Spider Gwen aka Ghost Spider or Gwen Pool.

Edit: Damn they got rid of that crazy all black costume for the goofy original and stuck dude in that one? Brainwashing has to be involved in that plot, son was basically Killmonger with Bruce Wayne money, drive and no connection to Wakanda since his Earth got smoked last I checked.

spoilers if you haven't read Avengers #18 (2019):

Spoiler

Mephisto resurrected Agent Coulson, and he made a deal with Mephisto. Asked him to either resurrect or create magical beings that are like the Squadron Supreme. In one pages Coulson is watching secretly all the members of the Squadron, and when he's watching Nighthawk record his daily journal Coulson gives the order to someone off-screen to increase Nighthawk's doubt and jealousy a few levels.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/squadron-supreme-fight-heroes-return

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-mephisto-greatest-villain-retcon/

https://screenrant.com/marvel-mephisto-agent-coulson-new-universe-theory/

I binged all of WandaVision in one sitting. Great show. I saw some of the plot twists coming a mile away but still enjoyed the ride. 

If you guys have your eyes on a Marvel Omnibus  or Epic Collection get that sucker ASAP. I was waiting for more cash to come to cop Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 2 off Amazon and now all the new editions are gone and what's left is going for over the original asking price.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Is this the current run by Jason Aaron that everyone hates?

Yup, Jason Aaron. Surprisingly, I've met a few sympathizers of his run who think the prehistoric Avengers are cool... He also retconed Thor's mom 🤢

Anyway, issues Avengers #10 (2019) and Avengers #18 (2019) have hints at what's going on with Squadron Supreme.