Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

3 hours ago, RegH81 said:

My OHC Immortal Hulk vol. 2 has arrived

If you haven’t been reading them I recommend the Marvel Snapshots too. It’s a series of one shots going over origins and key moments of select marvel characters lives. Spider-man, Namor, Iron-Man, Cyclops to name a few. 

they’re all really good. All of the one-shots are out right now but they’re being collected as a trade in May 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I feel I'm the only one here that actually gave a shit about Bucky before the show started airing ☹️. I've enjoyed Mackie's Falcon so I was interested to see how he did in a leading role.

I really like both characters and they are handling how messed up Bucky's life is in the MCU pretty well. Credit to both actors they also handle the drama, funny banter and action quite well.

20 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Given the nature of the last episode (and some of the things in the first), I am surprised I haven't seen "WOKE DISNEY" posts. I am sure they are out there, but haven't bubbled up to the point of online relevance. 

Given the content I am guessing not enough is straight memable aside from all the scenes with Sam and Falcon being in each other's space so the dogs are silent.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:53 AM, Hawkingbird said:

I feel I'm the only one here that actually gave a shit about Bucky before the show started airing ☹️. I've enjoyed Mackie's Falcon so I was interested to see how he did in a leading role.

Uh, no? I have all the Bru run in singles and in a collected hard omnibus. I followed him after into Fear Itself, and then after that with him leading the Thunderbolts before falling off Mahvel babey.

Also MCU Bucky was a thing before the show so, not sure who here is specifically just watching this for the first time and going "Damn that white dude got a metal arm! And feelings! Hardcore fan now!"

My copy of Hulk Epic Collection: Future Imperfect arrived on Tuesday. Been wanting to read that two part story for years now and the book collects part of Peter David's run. I've been wanting to read PAD's Hulk run but it is so long and  the Omnibus books are pricey. The first one is also out of print.

Chip Zdarsky's OHC Daredevil vol. 1 dropped recently. I was wanting to check out is run in single issues but I think I'm just gonna jump in with this OHC.

TPBs and OHC is becoming my preferred way to read comics since so many of them are written with the format in mind. I went to my Comic shop for the first time in over a year and found a Captain America Epic Collection that I didn't have, one out of print so grabbed that. I could have gotten a ton of back issues I missed on Amazing Spider-Man but I figured I'd just wait to collect it in an OHC form for the issues I missed.

The more that I think about it. I think bucky and Sam are gonna share the shield. I think alot about the idea bucky and Sam are both parts of who Steve is as a superhero. One represents the past and one represents the present. Both are aspects of Steve's idea of America and together they embody the whole. 

6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

My copy of Hulk Epic Collection: Future Imperfect arrived on Tuesday. Been wanting to read that two part story for years now and the book collects part of Peter David's run. I've been wanting to read PAD's Hulk run but it is so long and  the Omnibus books are pricey. The first one is also out of print.

Chip Zdarsky's OHC Daredevil vol. 1 dropped recently. I was wanting to check out is run in single issues but I think I'm just gonna jump in with this OHC.

TPBs and OHC is becoming my preferred way to read comics since so many of them are written with the format in mind. I went to my Comic shop for the first time in over a year and found a Captain America Epic Collection that I didn't have, one out of print so grabbed that. I could have gotten a ton of back issues I missed on Amazing Spider-Man but I figured I'd just wait to collect it in an OHC form for the issues I missed.

I wish I still had to room for physical print when it comes to comics. But between that and it just being cheaper in comixolgy I’d rather just stick to digital. 

6 hours ago, iStu X said:

I wish I still had to room for physical print when it comes to comics. But between that and it just being cheaper in comixolgy I’d rather just stick to digital. 

Yeah, I have been fighting a losing battle trying to keep up with and keeping all my comics physically. Little over twenty years worth now that I think about it. Damn.

Lol I will never give this fight up. I've been trying to find good bookshelves. I bought one from. Amazon but the piece of shit had missing pieces and then part of it broke like it was paper while I was waiting to get the other parts. 

I see alot of weebs with the ikea one so I might order that 

Reimagined Heroes Debut and Dangerous New Threats Emerge in the Heroes Reborn Trailer

Everything and everyone you knew in the Marvel Universe has been reborn!

The Silver Witch. Nightbird. Commissioner Cage. These bold new takes on your favorite Marvel characters along with many more will be introduced on May 5 in HEROES REBORN, an exciting new transformation of the Marvel Universe.

1:12
HEROES REBORN Event Trailer | Marvel Comics

Brought to you by Super Hero masterminds—writer Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness— HEROES REBORN will present a world where the Avengers never assembled and the Squadron Supreme took their place as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. The exciting —and unsettling — ripple effect the Avengers' absence has on the rest of the Marvel Universe will be explored throughout the series as well as thrilling one-shots, revealing the history behind the new reality of your favorite heroes and laying the groundwork for its unpredictable future. Get your first look at the action to come in the all-new HEROES REBORN TRAILER above!

HEROES REBORN Connected Covers by Leinil Francis Yu HEROES REBORN Connected Covers by Leinil Francis Yu

"This story really has nothing whatsoever to do with the original Heroes Reborn event," Aaron explained to ComicBook.com. "The only similarity is that this is a look into another version of the Marvel Universe, one familiar in some ways, but profoundly and fundamentally changed in others. I'm quite confident in saying it's a world unlike any version of the Marvel U we've ever seen before.”

Look inside the issue in the gallery right here, and pick up HEROES REBORN #1 when it hits stands on May 5!

Spoiler

reborn2021001008_col.jpg

reborn2021001009_col.jpg

reborn2021001017_col.jpg

reborn2021001025_col.jpg

reborn2021001027scol.jpg

Jugger-Doom is a very interesting concept to me. And I am eager to see Barda VS. Mangog. He pretty much kicked the ass of all asgardians in the female Thor run.

21 hours ago, Maxx said:

The more that I think about it. I think bucky and Sam are gonna share the shield. I think alot about the idea bucky and Sam are both parts of who Steve is as a superhero. One represents the past and one represents the present. Both are aspects of Steve's idea of America and together they embody the whole. 

I dig the idea of it, I individually really enjoy Bucky and Sam as Captain America. They both have strong reasons for being the one, and carry the mantle well. If I remember right they re-signed Chris Evans so who knows how it'll end up. 

But if he comes back as Commander Rogers with the sick ass outfit and holo-shield I'd mark out.

Edit: I'm kind of excited for the Heroes Reborn stuff surprisingly. Always been a big fan of Squadron Supreme and Hyperion in general since teen me read eXiles and the "King Hyperion" run, and his subsequent appearances. I think they are strong characters that should be given a chance to shine and maybe catch on despite the obvious nods.

19 hours ago, iStu X said:

I need to get some shelves for all these TPBs, OHCs and Omnis I'm now buying. I plan to go to Ikea and get me a good sized shelf and then maybe a few smaller ones. I'm grateful that we have digital media as a means to access comics but I gots to have my physical. But hey, however you do it, get your comic reads on. BTW, I noticed you had a Thing avatar a few weeks ago. Did you happen to read Hickman's Fantastic Four run?

11 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

I need to get some shelves for all these TPBs, OHCs and Omnis I'm now buying. I plan to go to Ikea and get me a good sized shelf and then maybe a few smaller ones. I'm grateful that we have digital media as a means to access comics but I gots to have my physical. But hey, however you do it, get your comic reads on. BTW, I noticed you had a Thing avatar a few weeks ago. Did you happen to read Hickman's Fantastic Four run?

I’m mid-rereading it. Marvel has been re-releasing the run in actual reading order. Same with his Avengers/New Avengers run. It’s such an amazing run 

I've actually on read the first few issues of the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four run. Beyond that, I've read very little FF stuff. Hickman's name on those Avengers Complete Collection books reminded me that he had an FF run. I'm def gonna cop those books that comprise his Avengers run so I may as well check out his FF run when I'm done with that.

I bought my third Marvel Omni, Captain America by Jack Kirby. This book comprises his return to Cap in the mid '70s. The cover of the book was inked my Romita and it looks soooo gooooood

1 hour ago, AYO?! said:

Hickman is pretty much the man, his FF and Avengers runs are top tier. His current work on X-Men is also shaping up to be a phenomenal event.

I can’t wait until all the dawn of x trades release so I can finally read X of Swords. Hickman reworking the entire X-Verse was something I didn’t know I needed until House/Powers happened. New Mutants and Marauders have been such great books 

Edited by iStu X

Episode 3 of Falcon and Winter Soldier

Spoiler

Wakanda coming for that ass. Man, I can't believe I didn't think of that when Bucky busted Zemo out.

I would like to know a little bit more about Karli. We're halfway through and we haven't learned anything about her and she's the one pushing the plot. I would like to know who that woman is who died, Karli life before the snap and the circumstances that lead to her feeling displaced and stealing from the broker.

It's so damn refreshing to see someone cracked the code. I always thought it was stupid beyond belief that in the comics no one managed to recreate the super solider serum. Good that the MCU isn't held down by the comics dumber aspects. Sucks Zemo had to kill the guy. He could have been helpful in forming the masters of evil.

Good to see power broker being confirmed

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I keep glancing at the Marvel logo and expecting to see an Amalgam logo. I mean that's straight up Batman and Wonder Woman. Like it's not even subtle.

Oh shit it does remind me of Amalgam, now I want to see Dark Claw back.

I have a theory on Falcon and WS

Spoiler

I think Sharon is either working for the Power Broker or she is the PB.

Also I need more dancing Zemo. I kind of want him as an anti hero instead of a full blown villain role.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I keep glancing at the Marvel logo and expecting to see an Amalgam logo. I mean that's straight up Batman and Wonder Woman. Like it's not even subtle.

Yup. But also, they are not the only versions of the Justice League that have appeared in Marvel comics before. "Before the latest Secret Wars there "The Great Society", it was called.

tumblr_omqbbmBJSP1r4pq4io1_1280.png

evmcDTJ.jpg

I just preordered the first Reign of X trade on comixology. It doesn’t come out until June but god damn I’m excited. 

Related but also not, I won’t be able to watch F&WS until sometime tonight. Going on misadventures today with friends and won’t get home until around 8-9. Excited to see it though. Did a lot of research on stuff related to the Super Soldier/Weapons Plus in between episodes too. 

Edited by iStu X
42 minutes ago, OrochiJ said:

Oh shit it does remind me of Amalgam, now I want to see Dark Claw back.

I have a theory on Falcon and WS

Hide contents

I think Sharon is either working for the Power Broker or she is the PB.

Also I need more dancing Zemo. I kind of want him as an anti hero instead of a full blown villain role.

Being an  anti-hero isn't new to Zemo. He was one when he lead the Thunderbolts and when he took up the identity of Civilian V. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

Everyone seems to think Sharon is the Power Broker or at least the Power Brokers second in command. Despite the seeds being planted as those as a possibility I honestly think that’s just a false flag. 

Spoiler

She feels more like a shield plant. Like are we really gonna have a badguy port with no extradition and not have shield there? Seems odd. 

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Guys keep spoilers up.. It's only Saturday. 

Hide contents

Shield not existing is a very nick fury thing to make you think it doesn't. Also even if it formally doesn't, doesn't mean nick wouldn't still have ears on the ground. 

Shield not existing isn't a spoiler. It's been that way since Winter Soldier. 

You aren't supposed to trust wish. Com cap. Zemo has a code, he has his own ethics. You understand his motivations and why they are that way. Bizzaro cap has no code, he you are watching a very literal heros journey into the downfall. He has a code as far as... Will do anything for his country or not to fail. There is more to him and I feel like their is Def a backstory episode coming.. If not they fucked up. Because their is a reason Bizzaro cap is afraid to fail. I don't know if it's because of how much he idolized Steve... Because of the govt. But you are clearly supposed to like zemos growth in terms of you like him the more you learn about him and we are prob gonna hate Bizzaro cap the more we learn about him