Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

The minute I saw that I was thinking A) could I pull that move off when parties are a thing again. B) Zemo is stealing the damn show. No offense to Sam and James but right now I want a Zemo lead Thunderbolts series now more then ever.

I'm all for a Thunderbolts movie or a show led by him. Honestly I feel it's inevitable whether Zemo is in or not, especially now that's its shown he can carry an episode on his charisma alone 

1 hour ago, locoghoul said:

I think some of you are misplacing your enthusiasm for Zemo. Take Falcon for example, I think the character is bland af bur the actor is trying to give it depth and layers. On Zemo's case, I think 80% is acting. Yes, the character is interesting I acknowledge that what we see is more than what is in the script js

No their enthusiasm is well placed. He has a motive and reason he's doing this. He isn't being a villain just because he's a badguy. He has a reason to his madness.. The actor just adds to it. 

Falcon is getting layers added to his character because of this show. The movies made him bland because he wasn't a real focus

Now the shows are doing their job and adding all the layers to all these characters to make them more interesting. They weren't given the material or time to do this in the movies. 

My Black Widow by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee arrives today along with Vol. 1 of Avengers Complete Collection by Jonathan Hickman. 

I'm about halfway through Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 1: Captain America Lives Again. These Lee/Kirby stories are quite enjoyable. They even got a batch of stories that take place when Bucky was alive. I mean, he never died. You know what I mean. I'm looking for Peggy Carter but I'm guessing no issues in this volume have her in them. Agent 13 is blonde so that's gotta be Sharon.

My Black Widow by Waid came in along with my Avengers by Hickman vol. 1. My Avengers has the top part of the cover bent. Instead of placing my books in a box, they were in a brown bag. Man, I am PISSED. That's definitely a plus in in favor of digital comics.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

It was cute that discount Cap thought he could take the Dora Milaje. When not even Bucky would fight them you know they can wreck shit. 

RIP Battlestar. The fallout of Walker killing that in cold blood with the shield is gonna be fun watch. 

You know....

Spoiler

I've liked the way they've handled Walker. He's a hot head but not a bad guy. To be Captain America you have to have extraordinary restraint. Seeing your best friend die saving your life would push a lot of people over the edge. I'm not saying he should have killed that dude but I can see how the situation pushed him to that point.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You know....

Hide contents

I've liked the way they've handled Walker. He's a hot head but not a bad guy. To be Captain America you have to have extraordinary restraint. Seeing your best friend die saving your life would push a lot of people over the edge. I'm not saying he should have killed that dude but I can see how the situation pushed him to that point.

Spoiler

They hinted he's Def not a good guy. The conversation about Afghanistan basically cemented it. 

58 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

I don't think that's the right take. He said that was the worst day of his life. The way he talks about it, it still haunts him. 

Spoiler

Meh that's the same excuse Vietnam vets said for the evil shit some of them were willing to do. Also they made a point to emphasize the fact the super soldier serium also enhances whatever already exists in you. 

One of the most interesting things to me about alt right cap is how ill prepared for basically everything in marvel. Obviously this is the governments fault. But it's crazy how much of a rush job he is... His combat skills are sub par compared to other non super soldiers, he lacks knowledge or tact when dealing with other marvel entities... It's almost rediculous that he's this bad at his job. 

6 hours ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

Meh that's the same excuse Vietnam vets said for the evil shit some of them were willing to do. Also they made a point to emphasize the fact the super soldier serium also enhances whatever already exists in you. 

Spoiler

Unless the serum gives him a red skull I don't see Walker being evil. The worst we'll get from him is being unhinged and even more impulsive than he already is. 

I would worry more about what already exists in Karli than I would Walker.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:19 AM, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Unless the serum gives him a red skull I don't see Walker being evil. The worst we'll get from him is being unhinged and even more impulsive than he already is. 

I would worry more about what already exists in Karli than I would Walker.

Spoiler

Yeah, Walker isn't a villain at his core, he is just someone that shouldn't have the job or power he was given/stole due to his inexperience and temperament.

I mean from the previous episode they have been building up how the role as the new Cap is weighing too heavily on him and causing him to snap and go violent. Is he a 'good guy' probably not but he isn't irredeemable. 

I dont know how to use spoiler tags so Ill do my best to keep it spoiler free.

You know Zemo is actually very sound and logical when he follows what he speaks. The act he does is exactly what he was talking about previously. Very consencuent.

I think we all knew what was gonna happen too regarding a certain character we just didnt know when or how. 

On one hand I sorta appreciate that villains are not just evil maniacs just because but on the other hand trying to make them look like people with ideals and shit is sorta how the West sees the -middle- East really. Feels condescending

2 hours ago, locoghoul said:

I dont know how to use spoiler tags so Ill do my best to keep it spoiler free.

You know Zemo is actually very sound and logical when he follows what he speaks. The act he does is exactly what he was talking about previously. Very consencuent.

I think we all knew what was gonna happen too regarding a certain character we just didnt know when or how. 

On one hand I sorta appreciate that villains are not just evil maniacs just because but on the other hand trying to make them look like people with ideals and shit is sorta how the West sees the -middle- East really. Feels condescending

To spoiler stuff just highlight your text and click the big ass eye in the tool bar

16 hours ago, Wellman said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, Walker isn't a villain at his core, he is just someone that shouldn't have the job or power he was given/stole due to his inexperience and temperament.

I mean from the previous episode they have been building up how the role as the new Cap is weighing too heavily on him and causing him to snap and go violent. Is he a 'good guy' probably not but he isn't irredeemable. 

Spoiler

This is a weird take because we don't know what's at his core. We've literally seen this dude barely hold it together from jump. What we know so far is he's done some evil shit in Afghanistan, willing to take the easy way out by super soldiering himself, has a temper.. Shown multiple times and then snaps. We don't know what his core is but so far its not looking good.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

This is a weird take because we don't know what's at his core. We've literally seen this dude barely hold it together from jump. What we know so far is he's done some evil shit in Afghanistan, willing to take the easy way out by super soldiering himself, has a temper.. Shown multiple times and then snaps. We don't know what his core is but so far its not looking good.

Spoiler

You are not wrong.

I am coming at this having seen Walker after his redemption in the comics. I wasn't around for the original story only aware of the after effects. This Walker seems very similar so I am hoping he survives and gets his shot to redeem himself as US Agent or just government exposition jerk John Walker. They do need someone what with the only non villain one around being Ross at this point unless they free dude from WandaVision.

7 hours ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Would you be able to hold it together when being put in a role with gigantic shoes to fill? His predecessors closest allies refuse to work with him even though they have mutual goals, he's failed every time it counted, he's been a step behind compared to everyone else, he's just a dude up against people with super powers and no one wants to respect his authority. He's under huge pressure and not producing results. His temper is understandable. 

Walker is a good man at his core. He's in over his head and put in a role he shouldn't be in. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Would you be able to hold it together when being put in a role with gigantic shoes to fill? His predecessors closest allies refuse to work with him even though they have mutual goals, he's failed every time it counted, he's been a step behind compared to everyone else, he's just a dude up against people with super powers and no one wants to respect his authority. He's under huge pressure and not producing results. His temper is understandable. 

Walker is a good man at his core. He's in over his head and put in a role he shouldn't be in. 

Also

Spoiler

He seems, to me at least, to have some sort of PTSD over whatever happened in Afghanistan. Another thing he and Lemar shared. He's gonna go full Super Patriot. Hopefully he gets his redemption arc.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm not sure what he's exactly done that makes him a good man at his core? What did he do so far to show us that?

1 hour ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure what he's exactly done that makes him a good man at his core? What did he do so far to show us that?

Spoiler

He wants to work with Sam and Bucky to resolve their common problem and went as far as use his authority to get Bucky out of jail and get his mandated therapy waved. He hasn't been malicious to them at all and Sam and Bucky keep giving him and Battlestar shit.

There's nothing that Walker has done to make him a villain. We don't even know the nature of the things he done in Afghanistan to use that against him. All we know he has regrets about it and sees being Cap as a personal redemption arc.

I know we meant to dislike him but he has exhibited zero villain behavior. He hasn't even been an antagonist.

Walker is a fish out of water if anything. He’s still a hero in his own right but not in the same vein as Bucky and Sam. Outside of being in the military he hasn’t experienced things like Mandripoor, Wakanda, Hydra, the Sokovian accords, Thanos, etc. 

He tries to act as their equal but he also knows he’s severely outclassed in almost every way possible and he knows this but he keeps trying to stand shoulder to shoulder. 

Likely due to his pride as a soldier and trying to figure out “what would captain america do?” So he’s trying to bulldoze his way into their world and it just doesn’t work.

Him getting ass handed to him by the Wakandan’s truly showed how much out of his element he is. 

Edited by iStu X