Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
Spoiler

You mean after he witnessed his best friend get killed after saving his life? Most people in his situation would have done the exact same thing. I don't expect restraint from that.

Spoiler

No, he isn't justified. Steve killed yes, but he killed Alien Invaders, Nazis, Hydra (Super Nazis), robots, and wizards with evil alignments.
Never did Rodgers killed a downed man (who beg for his life) with his shield horribly in a middle of a city

Walker never did shit that showed he was a good person. He tried to squeeze into someone elses operations (which if you want to get technical about it is illegal in the US Military) and act buddy buddy, ran his mouth and got beat by the Dora Milaje. If Walker is 10% of the man Rodgers was he would never killed a man who already downed in a middle of a populated city. 

Johnny Walker is the opposite of Steve Rodgers and only proves Dr. Abraham Erskine right.

" The serum amplifies everything that is inside. So, good becomes great. Bad becomes worse."

Edited by DarkSakul
4 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, he isn't justified. Steve killed yes, but he killed Alien Invaders, Nazis, Hydra (Super Nazis), robots, and wizards with evil alignments.
Never did Rodgers killed a downed man with his shield horribly in a middle of a city

Walker never did shit that showed he was a good person. He tried to squeeze into someone elses operations (which if you want to get technical about it is illegal in the US Military) and act buddy buddy, ran his mouth and got beat by the Dora Milaje. If Walker is 10% of the man Rodgers was he would never killed a man who already downed in a middle of a populated city. 

Spoiler

Your ignoring the fact that Walker did what he did in heat of the moment. He didn't have time to think or process what just happened. He let his emotions take the better of him. Who knows if Steve wouldn't have gone that far if that happened to Bucky.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
Spoiler

Your ignoring the fact that Walker did what he did in heat of the moment. He didn't have time to think or process what just happened. He let his emotions take the better of him. Who knows if Steve wouldn't have gone that far if that happened to Bucky.

Spoiler

He committed a what is called summary execution, and what he did at least in real world law is a war crime. 
No different that white cops killing a black driver for driving 10 over the speed limit. And yes I went there as people are having a hard time with Walker. 
Walker was never written to be a hero or any hero. And my prediction is there going to be Zero redemption for Walker. (Walker getting recruited by another shadowy government agency isn't a redemption) .

The Real Cap never struck anyone dead once they are down. 

Steve even offered to save the life of Red Skull 

Cap America should of always been a good man first instead of a "good solder". 

tl;dr I want recommended X-Men runs and how to find the rest of Claremont’s run. 

So I have all of Stan Lee and Jack Kirbys X-Men run. 
I also have Claremont’s masterworks volumes 1-12. What are the collections after those master works named? I want his entire run.  

The masterworks I have for Claremont run from issues 94-200. Which ends at around 1981.  I know he left Marvel in the early 90’s. But I don’t know what the trades of the rest of Claremont’s runs are called. So a little help would be nice. 

Also, related, I heard Joss Wheddon and Grant Morrison’s runs of X-Men were fantastic. The omnibuses of them are 50% off on comixology right now.  Is that true? If so I’ll definitely snag them. Hickmans Krakoan Era makes me wanted dive headfirst into X-Men like I use to when I was a kid. 

In addition, Are there any other runs that are worth getting? It can be core X-Men or any X-Spin off faction. I don’t particularly care. 

I naturally can’t get them all at once but I do want a check list. If it’s all “any thing by Claremont” I’m totally okay with that too. 

cheers 

Edited by iStu X

Marvel Reveals Winner of X-Men Election Fan Vote

Spoiler

MARVEL REVEALS THE RESULTS OF THE GROUNDBREAKING X-MEN VOTE

Marvel readers choose Polaris to join the new X-Men team in mega-popular fan election

New York, NY— April 15, 2021 — The results are in! Last month, fans were given the chance to shape X-Men history by voting for the final member of the all-new X-Men team that will debut during June’s Hellfire Gala. Originally announced in X-Men #16, readers were provided a selection of ten different mutant super heroes to select as their choice to join the team. Beating out fellow nominees Strong Guy, Forge, Tempo, Boom-Boom, Marrow, Armor, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Banshee, Polaris has tallied the most votes and will go on to star in Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz’s X-MEN. Launching this July, the series will tell the adventures of the first X-Men team in the age of Krakoa, the bold new era of mutantkind that began in Jonathan Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X.

“The X-Men election was an amazing experience for the whole X-Office,” Editor Jordan D. White said. “All the creators and editors had a blast seeing the fans’ incredible response to this first-of-its-kind event and we were right there along with you rooting for our choices. It was the perfect way to kick off the new X-MEN title.”

The first-ever X-Men election was a huge success, receiving mainstream press and taking social media by storm. Fans everywhere campaigned for their favorite in creative and clever ways resulting in “X-MEN VOTE” trending worldwide on Twitter throughout the election. In the end, Polaris outlasted Banshee and walked away with the victory thanks to a dedicated group of fans eager to see this iconic hero step up in the franchise’s upcoming flagship title. Here were the final results:

1. Polaris
  2. Banshee
  3. Sunspot
  4. Forge
  5. Tempo
  6. Armor
  7. Boom-Boom
  8. Marrow
  9. Cannonball
  10. Strong Guy

Created by comic book legends Arnold Drake and Jim Steranko, Polaris debuted in 1968’s X-Men #49. Joining the team in the tailend of the Silver Age, Lorna Dane became a recurring character in later years before returning to the spotlight in Peter David’s classic run on X-Factor. The daughter of Magneto, Polaris inherited her father’s powerful magnetic abilities and has used them countless times in some of mutantkind’s fiercest battles. The character currently stars in Leah Williams and David Baldeón’s X-Factor where she uses her expertise to solve Krakoa’s most pressing mysteries. Now, she’ll join Cyclops and Jean Grey in becoming chosen champions of mutantkind and the world.

“Pepe and I are thrilled to have Polaris aboard this year's X-Men team. Leah and David made her shine in X-Factor, and we're going to make sure she continues to rock in X-MEN,” Duggan promises. “The outline is done and dusted, and every member of the team is going to have their issue not just to be the coolest mutant, but the most important character in the Marvel Universe for one month. Can't wait for you to join us. Hope you survive the experience.”

Visit Marvel.com to check out a series of short comics showcasing characters’ reactions to the outcome written by Zeb Wells. And stay tuned tomorrow when the full lineup of the X-Men team is unveiled!

Polaris will join the all-new X-Men team during the Hellfire Gala, this June.

Edited by AriesWarlock
5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Since Marvel themselves so openly said it, I thought it would be overdoing it, but all right lol.

Now I suppose

Hide contents

Lorna will leave X-Factor.

People on twitter mad, they are blaming fans of The Gifted TV show 🤔

That’s fine but I’m not current. 😞

This is what I wanted to see, how mutants will change the world

New first look at X-Corp title Marvel says will "revolutionize the Marvel Universe"

Archangel, M, and Multiple Man take the X-Men into big business

"The deals have been made. Mutantkind is safe on Krakoa. As the 'Reign of X' continues, what are the wants of the mutants who have everything?" reads Marvel's synopsis for the ongoing series. "Leading the charge is X-CORPORATION, headed by CXOs Monet St. Croix and Warren Worthington, a duo as cutthroat and ruthless in the boardroom as they are on a battlefield.

"But X-Corp needs more than just its figureheads. As Monet sets out to staff their team with some of the brightest and most deviant minds in mutantkind, Warren finds himself in a tense confrontation with one of Krakoa's first allies who wants to know the truth: on Angel's wings, will X-Corp crash or soar?"

In the announcement, Marvel says X-Corp will introduce "new concepts that will revolutionize the Marvel Universe as we know it."

For her part, writer Tini Howard says this builds off previous business-minded versions of Marvel mutant teams such as New X-Men and All-New X-Factor, and that she was actually test-driving her version of it in the recent Empyre: X-Men limited series which featured this team.

"Empyre: X-Men gave me a chance to test-drive some of the earliest concepts - Angel and Monet as dual CXOs, Jamie Madrox by their side, and the cleaning-up of some of Charles Xavier's portfolio," Howard says in the announcement. "Since then, I've reworked the book entirely - and you'll know exactly why you've waited until now to see what they're up to. I've got a corporate past myself, and it's all going into this book. X-Corp: We're Simply Superior.”

Spoiler

jN9vNWZwncyXQpSyQLgCBS-970-80.jpeg.webp

9kQZoJmEZfQK3nVo3xu3FS-970-80.jpeg.webp

afRDvAQ8bQWfxLQSo32nMS-970-80.jpeg.webp

Eu9numTzjLuwuSePfDqVSS-970-80.jpeg.webp

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Mid-credits. 

that was a good ass episode 

Spoiler

I'm actually surprised how they tied up alot of shit already and doesn't feel. Rushed and we still have the finale. This episode could easily have been a finale and continued into next season if they wanted to. But it's more likely something with repercussions that lead into future shows or movies. 

19 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Doubt it. According to Vanity Fair she was suppose to debut in Black Widow. We not getting alien shit in the spy movie. 

The scene between Sam and Isaiah hit so goddamn hard. 

Spoiler

Here's the thing... They don't need to make it about aliens at all and play the long con. That's the Beauty of skrulls. They can play it purely on the surface and down the line be like haha skrulls nigga lol. 

People also think she's possibly being a mix of two characters.. Lady hydra and Val from govt oversight program who basically fired Steve from. Being cap

Edited by Maxx
23 minutes ago, Maxx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Here's the thing... They don't need to make it about aliens at all and play the long con. That's the Beauty of skrulls. They can play it purely on the surface and down the line be like haha skrulls nigga lol. 

People also think she's possibly being a mix of two characters.. Lady hydra and Val from govt oversight program who basically fired Steve from. Being cap

Spoiler

She not a character mix. Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in the comics is Nick Fury love interest. If she still has a history with Fury remains to be seen. She's my pick for the power broker.

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

She not a character mix. Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in the comics is Nick Fury love interest. If she still has a history with Fury remains to be seen. She's my pick for the power broker.

Spoiler

I know who the original character is. The thing is she was never referred to as Val. Another character was, that's why some think she's a mix.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's kinda crazy to see how divisive the latest episode has been. I got like half my feed finding it to be the most boring episode of the series. 

This was more about the character setup for the last episode. People forget about how setup and payoff works. Not a lot of punching, but all of the character beats are gonna pay off for the finale. 

One of my favorite thing about the episode was 

Spoiler

Bucky flirting with Sarah. It wasn't forced, it didn't seem like an attempt at a new love story, just Bucky treating it as,  "Hey girl, I see you". Now, could it happen, sure. but I don't expect anything to happen further with it. 

3 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Hide contents

Bucky flirting with Sarah. It wasn't forced, it didn't seem like an attempt at a new love story, just Bucky treating it as,  "Hey girl, I see you". Now, could it happen, sure. but I don't expect anything to happen further with it. 

My favorite part was....

Spoiler

Sam "Just don't flirt with my sister."

Bucky "Okay."

Next scene Sam's sister shows up in, Bucky immediately flirts with her.

5 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I feel that scene is a lot more important than people think. It was Bucky reaching out to someone out of actually wanting to connect with someone. Not in a romantic way or  to make amends for what’s he’s done.

it was showing the audience he’s slowly trying to be a person again and not a thing being used for a personal end like he was with hydra. He’s trying to find his humanity again piece by piece. He’s slowly realizing that despite all he’s done, the few people he’s let in his life, whether they’re no longer with him or still alive just want Bucky to be happy and proud of what he is and who he can become. 

He’s finally accepting that he deserves a second chance

Edited by iStu X

There was alot of visual metaphors in this episode

Spoiler

. John stripping the wings screamed fallen angel symbolism

. Bucky and falcon team up had now to civil war but them not being as smooth as Steve, representing their relationship bein better but not as together as bucky and Steve. 

. Boat is super obvious 

Edited by Maxx
Spoiler

John Walker in that mid credit scene

HE BUILT HIS OWN SHIELD FROM SCRAPS IN HIS MAN CAVE

spacer.png

I hope this shit breaks quickly. it would be hilarious if this hits the real shield and folds in half like a taco or just falls apart into pieces. Walker got some shitty looking welds and you don't paint before you weld. All missing from this scene is Walker with a Youtube video on a DIY Cap America Cosplay

Edited by DarkSakul
4 hours ago, DrLariat said:

Vibranium is space minerals so...

Zemo is proof prep time is best super power. He is going to wear the mask

Its correct spelling is "Via-Brain-I-Am".

Clearly, Capt. is an ~100 I.Q. psionic.

Great psionic minds build utopias.

Superior psionic minds fight covert wars.

Average psionic minds chuck disks.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Watching the fan response to Walker has been a sight to see. It's amazing to see some fans treat the guy like he's Satan when he's done absolutely nothing to deserve it other than not being Steve.

He is a model of white fragility in the weird sjw mindset 

When really he is a dude who succumbed to pressure and acted against terrorists.

The leader will most likely die because same could not save her setting up something else