Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

20 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

However, we are in a universe where you could have the most dumbass game of ultimate frisbee with Cap's shield. 

Is it dumb if it's fun?

18 hours ago, DrLariat said:

Vibranium is space minerals so...

Think of it less as Space Minerals and more Super Unobtanium McGuffin Metal 

8 hours ago, DrLariat said:

He is a model of white fragility in the weird sjw mindset 

Way he goes off the rails quickly and breaks down shows. 

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What she do?

Her whole bag is talking like she's black because she grew up in nyc. Using aave language but she turns it on and off and basically uses it to get herself jobs as the cool new Asian girl. But when you live on the east coast you can tell the difference between someone who grew up around black culture especially NYC and people faking it. Like if you ever listen to Eddie huang and her.. Eddie is Def authentic NYC vibes. 

Edited by Maxx
3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Her whole bag is talking like she's black because she grew up in nyc. Using aave language but she turns it on and off and basically uses it to get herself jobs as the cool new Asian girl. But when you live on the east coast you can tell the difference between someone who grew up around black culture especially NYC and people faking it. Like if you ever listen to Eddie huang and her.. Eddie is Def authentic NYC vibes. 

Um eddie grew up in dc and orlando. He is not authentic nyc. He took his voice from watching mtv and bet and having black friends.

Akwafina grew up in flushing queens.

It is known as code switching. You know the thing that all of us do.

This aave thing black people are doing is wild. Hang out in long beach or bay area and say this same shit.

It was the same shit with bruno. And they said her and anderson.paak are not black enough.

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Colleen confirmed or just a theory? 

Theory. Based on the images I posted, it looks like the first Iron fist. 

Imagine how hype the stinger would be if Colleen comes to Shang Chi and asks for his help in finding Danny. "looks like you are lookin for a hero for hire?" 

48 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Theory. Based on the images I posted, it looks like the first Iron fist. 

Imagine how hype the stinger would be if Colleen comes to Shang Chi and asks for his help in finding Danny. "looks like you are lookin for a hero for hire?" 

God, I hope the theory comes true and we finally get some connection to the Netflix MCU. Nobody from those shows  showing up to fight Thanos still bothers me til this day

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

God, I hope the theory comes true and we finally get some connection to the Netflix MCU. Nobody from those shows  showing up to fight Thanos still bothers me til this day

I mean the defenders aren't exactly the team you call for Thanos in general. So that doesn't bother me at all. They are more ground level shit.. Helping with recovery or maybe getting people out of harms way. 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I mean the defenders aren't exactly the team you call for Thanos in general. So that doesn't bother me at all. They are more ground level shit.. Helping with recovery or maybe getting people out of harms way. 

I mean, Hawkeye and Widow ground level as far as ability goes, but I definitely get what you're saying. Still tho, seeing the Defenders peace out a few of Thanos ground forces would've been dope. 

Still hoping Netflix Matt Murdock shows up to be Peter's legal defense in Spiderman 3 (although I'm sure it'll probably just be She Hulk) 

20 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I mean, Hawkeye and Widow ground level as far as ability goes, but I definitely get what you're saying. Still tho, seeing the Defenders peace out a few of Thanos ground forces would've been dope. 

Still hoping Netflix Matt Murdock shows up to be Peter's legal defense in Spiderman 3 (although I'm sure it'll probably just be She Hulk) 

They aren't considered ground level because they regularly deal with world destroyers. Ground level is basically nyc we only work on a certain block 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Luke and Jessica would have been helpful against Thanos. Danny too once he learned how to actually use his powers. Daredevil would have been odd man out.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Fuck 'dat.

Give us a proper blonde Murdock for once.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/daredevil/262-1.jpg

Seems awfully blonde to me.

Strawberry blonde, mayhaps, but definitely blonde.

It can look certain colors in different panels/issues/arcs etc due to how printing was done so differently back then. Plus it can always vary due to who the colorist was at the time. 

But yeah, Matt Murdoc in the comics has always been a red head