Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

6 hours ago, iStu X said:

It can look certain colors in different panels/issues/arcs etc due to how printing was done so differently back then. Plus it can always vary due to who the colorist was at the time. 

But yeah, Matt Murdoc in the comics has always been a red head 

I knew where that video was going at a glance, having never heard it before. 🤣

Strawberry blonde is both, but I wil gladly cede it is red.

Kind of like how my hair is blonde, but is technically green.

36 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Who lives in a Pineapple under the sea? NAMOOORR THE SUBMARINER!

I sware Namor is a clown 

Try to prove me wrong, stupid wing foot Great Value Aqua-man 

Namor came first... I think. Aquaman and Namor came out almost at the same point. Similar thing with Man Thing and Swamp Thing.

The Falcon and Winter Soldier finale was good. The last part hit me in the feels. I don't cry over things in movies but I got misty eyed at a certain scene near the end. It struck a cord with me. Especially when I think about my Great Grandfather. He was my only REAL grandfather. I loved visiting him and finding out, along with the rest of my family, that he was WWII vet years after his death has always struck me. I don't think I'll ever get over him not telling anyway because that tells how bad it must of been for him.

Edit: One more thing about John Walker.

Spoiler

I liked his conclusion. Dude was never a villain. The decision he made in this episode's integral moment proves as much.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Finale thoughts 

Spoiler

-it felt off.. I can't explain it fully but it just felt too clean. Maybe it's because the fighting should have felt more chaotic, all these nyc police and crowds and it felt too neat. 

-carley deserved better. The way she died, she shouldn't have been sorry. She should have been resolved in her convictions to the end imo. 

-the suit is OK. It looked very cosplay compared to everything else in the series. I hope it has some more gadgets they show off in the movies and maybe upgrade it. Og suit looked more high tech

-walker was fine. I think he doesn't need tics to imply he has ptsd/mental disorders.. Seems too extra. 

-Sharon being power broker is a bit wack. It was too on the nose and would have liked it to been a red herring. But it seems like we're gonna get the whole organization, because in comics it's a person and org. 

-Isiah stuff was top and brought a lil tear. No complaints there. 

-bucky was also fine. He's shown prob the most growth as a character in the series. I dig it.

-they fucking killed off gsp!! Booooo. 

-overall I enjoyed the series just was let doen a bit by the finale. 

Edited by Maxx

Now that the finale is out, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed Falcon and Winter Solider better than WandaVision!!

Spoiler

I'm on board with Mackie as the new Captain America!! The suit is clean as F@#!

Isiah arc was top notch, as was Bucky's!!

Sharon being the Power Broker, which we all saw coming, sucks given her heroic family lineage. 

Peggy Carter looking down from badass agent heaven in shame!!

12 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Now that the finale is out, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed Falcon and Winter Solider better than WandaVision!!

Hide contents

I'm on board with Mackie as the new Captain America!! The suit is clean as F@#!

Isiah arc was top notch, as was Bucky's!!

Sharon being the Power Broker, which we all saw coming, sucks given her heroic family lineage. 

Peggy Carter looking down from badass agent heaven in shame!!

The Power Broker situation....

Spoiler

Was the most disappointing part of the show. I thought the Flag Smashers could have been handled better but I thought the execution was passable. That was obvious that the post credits scene is meh......unless she's a Skrull.

Spoiler

Lol called it Power Broker Sharon.

I'll be honest that speech at the end that Sam made turned me into a fan full on, and that Isaiah scene I just bawled like a kid. Bucky turning into Uncle Bucky was great.

Also did anyone else get reminded of how Lethal Weapony the ending was?

I also liked the finale but I felt it was too clean. Most of the moral ambiguity that the series had build up just went away to give most of the characters their happy ending. 

Spoiler

Isaiah scene at the museum got me. I was happy that he was getting the respect he should have gotten. I swear, it's impossible for that character to appear on screen without getting hot with feels. 

I'm interested in Sharon as the power broker. I always like it when a heroic character goes villain. I hope she's not a Skrulls.

While Falcon and Winter Soldier is no where near as good as WandaVision, IMO its still a damn good mini-series overall and I enjoyed the hell out it. 

the closing scene was awesome. I cried some manly tears. The mid-credits scene opens up a looooooooot of stuff that could happen. 

my only complaint is that the episode before it made seem like shit was about to pop off and go nuts. Yet everything was surprisingly calm. There were some amazing action scenes but like, yeah. Too many scenes were just way to calm and clean for the energy of what was happening.

Great finale overall though. 

Spoiler

my favorite thing is Bucky finally getting the closure he deserves. Him getting a plate at the BBQ is well deserved. 

Oh, one last thing, Julia Louise-Dreyfuss as Madam Hydra is fucking great. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Zemo took care of the super soldiers. Flag Smashers will definitely still be around

Spoiler

I'm all for more villain groups what with Hydra being non existent. Also, I find it funny how neither Sam nor Bucky mention how Steve went from Shannon to Peggy... unless Steve never actually said it.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Power Broker situation....

Hide contents

Was the most disappointing part of the show. I thought the Flag Smashers could have been handled better but I thought the execution was passable. That was obvious that the post credits scene is meh......unless she's a Skrull.

On the Power Broker

Spoiler

I really hope that does turn out to be the case. Granted Sharon in the MCU doesn't have a lot to hang her hat on, but I would prefer she didn't turn out like Karli said someone trying to hurt the world that hurt her.

Also it makes a great tie in for the Secret Invasion series if she was a Skrull.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:45 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Iceman turned into Lady Gaga now??

179392793_5625626887510585_4177228972201

178516952_10159154463742488_337074552379

178833182_10159156590972488_589808840759

A few of these are cool I get what they are aiming for and that looks nice.

A couple of them are like huh? Especially everyone the Marauders (which I know Hellfire Club so the kink has some legacy here but still) , Colossus and Professor X (damn I hate that big helmet look).

39 minutes ago, Wellman said:

A few of these are cool I get what they are aiming for and that looks nice.

A couple of them are like huh? Especially everyone the Marauders (which I know Hellfire Club so the kink has some legacy here but still) , Colossus and Professor X (damn I hate that big helmet look).

I like some, others not so much. Jumbo Carnation is the one designing the costumes, and he's the flamboyant type, so that's why they are like that. I suppose to celebrate their "mutanity". I mean, the guy walks around with a wrestling belt, why, i don't know

clemency-1.jpg

Jumbo_Carnation_(Earth-616)_from_X-Force