Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

@Darc_RequiemJ. Scott Campbell just posted on his social media’s that he’s selling the “Fixed” MJ Watson art on eBay and it’s all going to a charity that helps get art classes and supplies for underprivileged schools and students 

it’s as wholesome as it is savage. 🤣 it’s already 6500 on eBay with 4 days and some change to go. 

They didn’t even stand a chance. JSC always had the high ground 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

I’m so glad he called out the Sam Reimi spider-mans for being trash. They always have been and always will be. 

him dunking on DC was great too. 

Venom 2 looks just as bad as the first one. I haven’t seen Venom 1 and I don’t plan to. The only way I plan on seeing either venom is if they do somehow tie into the MCU. Outside of that I don’t care about the venom movies. Which really sucks cause I’ve always had a soft spot for Venom. 

Edited by iStu X
42 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m so glad he called out the Sam Reimi spider-mans for being trash. They always have been and always will be. 

him dunking on DC was great too. 

Venom 2 looks just as bad as the first one. I haven’t seen Venom 1 and I don’t plan to. The only way I plan on seeing either venom is if they do somehow tie into the MCU. Outside of that I don’t care about the venom movies. Which really sucks cause I’ve always had a soft spot for Venom. 

Meh I think raimi stuff is good especially when you consider the time they were made in. 

29 minutes ago, Lantis said:

If this movie isn't R-rated, it's not gonna work out  (same as how Carnage didn't work in the 90's animated series)

Yeah, that could be a problem but even PG-13 isn't all bad, there are plenty of brutal deaths in those types of films. 

Although the presence of Shreik makes me wonder if they are adapting Maximum Carnage or cribbing ideas off it.

Planet-Sized X-Men Will Change The Marvel Universe In June

Image-13.jpg

"Fifty years ago, Giant-Size X-Men changed our world. This June, Planet-Size X-Men changes our universe." Giant-Size X-Men saw the cast change overnight, introducing Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Thunderbolt, Sunfire, and Wolverine to the series – and was also set on Krakoa.

185219068_10159191541597488_556314336172

Spoiler

186378450_10159191541652488_611883527165

184612951_10159191541637488_917635214507

185575804_10159191541687488_684014843787

people commenting on Scott's butt lol

185779961_5701688036571136_8457275030646

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

people commenting on Scott's butt lol

Scott got cheeks. People need to recognize that. 
also those panels with Namor got me quakin’. His brief appearance in House/Powers of X was so good. I love Hickman’s playing the long game type or writing. Him, Donny Cates and Al Ewing are probably my favorite writers in marvel right now. 

They all have similar but vastly different writing styles. 

16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

God I fucking hate Cyclops new visor....looks like he's permemnantly stuck doing the people's eyebrow. Looks awful. 

That’s just the cover. It’s not actually like that. Unless you’re talking about the one that’s spoilered. Even then, it’s only for the Hellfire Gala. It’s not actually like that in the new x-books. 

the lens flare type effect on his visor is a pretty common trope when drawing him. 

this is cyclops’ current uniform 

14915CB4-F7BC-4B07-8D67-AACA7809F8B4.jpeg

Edited by iStu X

I completely forgot that Amazing Fantasy #16-18 were included in the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus. I actually have all three of those issues. I didn't think Marvel considered them part of the Untold Spidey series but they were released around the same time Untold first started coming out and they've got the same writer, Kurt Busiek. Was nice to read them again. And that painted artwork!

GIF by FOX International Channels

35 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

I completely forgot that Amazing Fantasy #16-18 were included in the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus. I actually have all three of those issues. I didn't think Marvel considered them part of the Untold Spidey series but they were released around the same time Untold first started coming out and they've got the same writer, Kurt Busiek. Was nice to read them again. And that painted artwork!

GIF by FOX International Channels

Do you usually buy omnibuses from cheap graphic novels.com ,Amazon or somewhere else?

23 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Do you usually buy omnibuses from cheap graphic novels.com ,Amazon or somewhere else?

I've had to get them off Amazon because those suckers go fast off Cheap Graphic Novels. If no one wants to shell out $80 for a physical omni of Untold Tales of Spider-Man, Marvel has decided to released the series via Complete Collection TPBs. Vol. 1 comes out Nov 1st.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

I know this wasn’t directed at me but Amazon is your best place to go for physical comics. Especially for trades or series’ that have long been over. They’re always on sale and usually apart of BOGO or whatever book sales Amazon does. 

I go digital simply because I done want long boxes sitting in my already cramped room or garage or attic. But outside of preorders for very specific books I only buy when there’s titles I want on sale and it’s usually in bulk. 

I remember last year after I got my tax return I spent about $400 on comixology but saved almost $1k due to all the sales. Oh, and just earlier this year I got every masterworks of  Hulk, Fantastic Four and Claremont X-men for .50¢ to $1 each. Which was about 40+ Books that usually run for $17-20 each. 

Edited by iStu X
21 hours ago, iStu X said:

Scott got cheeks. People need to recognize that. 
also those panels with Namor got me quakin’. His brief appearance in House/Powers of X was so good. I love Hickman’s playing the long game type or writing. Him, Donny Cates and Al Ewing are probably my favorite writers in marvel right now. 

They all have similar but vastly different writing styles. 

That panel will be interesting: some of the smuggest, know-it-all people having a chat. Can't wait.

As for Scott, I really want to know if he's totally fine that Wolverine is banging Jean. Does he maybe have something with someone else?? Emma? 🤔

20 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

That panel will be interesting: some of the smuggest, know-it-all people having a chat. Can't wait.

As for Scott, I really want to know if he's totally fine that Wolverine is banging Jean. Does he maybe have something with someone else?? Emma? 🤔

It’s  pretty much confirmed in House/Powers that all 4 of them are in a poly relationship. It’s even hinted on further in X-Factor when Jean and Logan just casual share a jacuzzi in the nude. Oh, and Logan lives with Scott and Jean. His room is in between both of their rooms too. So…they all just tag teaming each other. 

emma essentially lives in a castle made of crystals and diamonds by herself cause she’s Emma. 

as for why Namor is so significant, again, in house/powers when Charles delivered his message to the world while personally inviting Namor, He (namor)  essentially told Charles to fuck off and don’t contact him again until he finally and truly realizes what it means to be superior to humans and to be a mutant. 

Edited by iStu X
On 5/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, iStu X said:

@Darc_RequiemJ. Scott Campbell just posted on his social media’s that he’s selling the “Fixed” MJ Watson art on eBay and it’s all going to a charity that helps get art classes and supplies for underprivileged schools and students 

it’s as wholesome as it is savage. 🤣 it’s already 6500 on eBay with 4 days and some change to go. 

They didn’t even stand a chance. JSC always had the high ground 

I didn't see this post and this has me dying 😂. My favorite comment about this situation was someone saying well I guess anime art Twitter is better. And I fucking lost my shit. Anime art Twitter is bottom of the barrel dunbster fire on top of a nuclear power plant for drama. 

Honestly you can never tell with some books when a legendary run begins. Didn't think Immortal Hulk would be one of those given how it was spun out of a less then stellar event book but much like the Planet Hulk with Pak this one has been a helluva ride that out performed it's origin set up.

4 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Stu,

Wikipedia says a certain X-men character is in Modok.

Did you like his "portrayal"?

That’s wild. I didn’t even notice the character being in it. 

Now I’m wondering what episode(s) they were in.