Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

On 6/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, iStu X said:

Cause it’s traaaaaash. 

It is  not trash... Homie(Aaron) is just reaching. 

There is good writing and ideas but he just tried to do too much to the point of overkill and doesn't leave time to build anything when he does something good. It is a lot like Bendis' runs on books you know he doesn't really care for and just throws guest stars he likes into, except I get the feeling this is just him going nuts because they gave him the keys and he is trying to pull a car stunts in a parking lot due to the lack of oversight or plans for the main Avengers books.

Part of that is on him and part of that is on editorial. I mean when two of the best crossover events the company has had in years are spinning out of a Venom run that is testament to not only the quality of the Venom book but also the failing of what should be your flagship. And they have tried shooting that high with more then a few of the arcs like the Phoenix one.

Edit: All that being said I do wish they give that man Ewing a shot at the Avengers, his Ultimates was great and after Immortal Hulk... I say he earned it if he wanted the book.

Edited by Wellman
4 hours ago, Wellman said:

It is  not trash... Homie(Aaron) is just reaching. 

There is good writing and ideas but he just tried to do too much to the point of overkill and doesn't leave time to build anything when he does something good. It is a lot like Bendis' runs on books you know he doesn't really care for and just throws guest stars he likes into, except I get the feeling this is just him going nuts because they gave him the keys and he is trying to pull a car stunts in a parking lot due to the lack of oversight or plans for the main Avengers books.

Well, on different sites people seem to agree his run is crapola. I think his idea of prehistoric Avengers is bad and cheapens the original team idea. The Phoenix (which mostly an X-Men thing, Galactus being a FF thing) carrying out an anime bout to select it's new host only to select a most unimpressive host when it has always preferred telepaths. At least we got to see Shana looking sexy. Adding this new twist that Thor's mom is now the Phoenix is really bad. The rise of Dracula arc was good, and so is the Squadron Supreme/Mephisto thing. Didn't care for Moon Knight and Konshu, but this god armed himself with all sorts of mystic weapons and still lost to Black Panther like if it was a knife going through butter.... Someone should REALLY have put a stop on some of his ideas

The book I expect to be worse than this Avengers run this year is the New Warriors.

"E X P E R I M E N T A L  I N T E R N E T  G A S"

Edited by AriesWarlock
19 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, on different sites people seem to agree his run is crapola. I think his idea of prehistoric Avengers is bad and cheapens the original team idea. The Phoenix (which mostly an X-Men thing, Galactus being a FF thing) carrying out an anime bout to select it's new host only to select a most unimpressive host when it has always preferred telepaths. At least we got to see Shana looking sexy. Adding this new twist that Thor's mom is now the Phoenix is really bad. The rise of Dracula arc was good, and so is the Squadron Supreme/Mephisto thing. Didn't care for Moon Knight and Konshu, but this god armed himself with all sorts of mystic weapons and still lost to Black Panther like if it was a knife going through butter.... Someone should REALLY have put a stop on some of his ideas

All of this. It’s trash. The Phoenix being Thor’s birth Mother’s and Echo gaining the Phoenix Force is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read. 

Edited by iStu X

USAvengers I view to borrow old wrestling terms as a Intercontinental/US championship, which is nice and all but  the World/World Heavyweight is the main book. Or it was once.

Marvel editorial group since Hickman's Secret Wars hasn't felt like the cohesive group sadly. Usually even between different major books it felt like people were talking with one another, especially involving major characters or at least they hashed it out after the fact in a satisfying way. These days, trying to read too many books is a nightmare not only on your wallet but trying to keep the various interpretations of how the universe works straight.

3 hours ago, Wellman said:

USAvengers I view to borrow old wrestling terms as a Intercontinental/US championship, which is nice and all but  the World/World Heavyweight is the main book. Or it was once.

Sometimes being in the Midcard is better than the main-event. I remember books like Secret Avengers, Ultimates and Uncanny Avengers being better reads than the main titles. 

What I meant with Variants=LMD is the way they could be used, not that they're the same thing.

In comics we've had LMDs of Steve Rogers, in the MCU you could say "he's back all young and sexy, but he's a Variant" mostly because AoS already used the LMD concept and Feige doesn't strike me as the guy to reuse that idea.

6 minutes ago, OrochiJ said:

What I meant with Variants=LMD is the way they could be used, not that they're the same thing.

In comics we've had LMDs of Steve Rogers, in the MCU you could say "he's back all young and sexy, but he's a Variant" mostly because AoS already used the LMD concept and Feige doesn't strike me as the guy to reuse that idea.

Variants can't be used the same way. LMDs are straight up replacements that mimic the person they are replacing. Variants are characters in their own right. They can't function in that way. Can't be treating these characters like how Flash TV show treat Harrison Wells.

Outside of a few spots I can't see them using Variants too much. Depending on how far they want to push the multiverse stuff you would want to save Variants for stuff to celebrate a character ie Spider Verse, heartwarming returns or if they go the full tilt a version of the most recent Secret Wars crossover where Battle world is filled with different variants.

Just read this week's X-Men titles:

Spoiler

Planet Size X-Men: mutants have terraformed mars. A big event. This is what I wanted to see, mutants flexing their might and doing awesome stuff.

Wolverine: man, Beast has really turned from a nice, likeable guy to a douche bag who feels justified in using people. His personality really has taken a 180 turn even since being tortured by Dark Beast. It is character development though some don't want it to be like this for Beast.

S.W.O.R.D.: Part two of mutants flexing their might but to the galaxy's neighbors. They have created a new type of metal. Even proposed a new currency. Also Frenzy looks hot.

Way of X: once again, Spurrier was not kidding when he said the Hellfire Gala was about horny people x2. Philosophical clashing of ideas of what a society must be. One of the deeper X-books out of the current run.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-way-of-x-stacy-x-krakoa-leader/

206356500_5914558751950729_1474925310003

206900730_5914310665308871_4334424867100

Sean Chen

202775439_5906446002762004_2303859872871

Sure, Doom,. Cuz Why not? He's already a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

206139739_5914034252003179_5142991352668

204085673_5914034318669839_2993655234555

Armor