Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

12 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Hide contents

While you are not wrong, part of it could also be they were planning on it at first but like when the trailers and names dropped many people guessed the identity making that story line too predictable so they changed it during production. 

Also it would be another kid vs parent fight which Marvel has done before and is doing again pretty soon.

Spoiler

In the comics Natasha and Melina are contemporaries. They literally could have given Rachel's character a random Russian name. I'm not super attached to most characters in this movie so it doesn't bother me. The Taskmaster thing doesn't bother me like the Deadpool in X-Men Origins thing, but I'm trying to look at the situation through the eyes of someone who is big Taskmaster fan. I'd hate for anyone's favorite character to get Mandarin'd.

Edit: I thought I caught all the Easter Eggs. I missed a few.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Now I am not theater person and while I know Cheadle did a lot with his face and tone of voice in that one scene but I am still shocked he got an Emmy nomination for best guest star.

Hope but not expecting my man to win it. Frankly I would have given him one for turns on the DuckTales reboot. Shit had me dying.

You should see the Disney interview for Don Cheadle's guess role on Duck Tails, they billed him has a "Thanos Survivor" for the Duck Tails behind the scenes. 

Damn the last episode of Loki 

Spoiler

Kang is an awesome sassy black dude. I dig the casting lol. 

I’m already really happy with how the MCU is handling Kang.  Instead of convoluted garbage hes very to the point, streamlined, makes sense and still stayed true to who Kang the character is. 

Also be sure to watch the mid credit scene. 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m already really happy with how the MCU is handling Kang.  Instead of convoluted garbage hes very to the point, streamlined, makes sense and still stayed true to who Kang the character is. 

Spoiler

Judging from the outfit he was wearing he was the Immortus version of Kang.

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

Hide contents

The thing that got me or rather them

Spoiler

He put himself in a no lose situation. No matter what they did, he wins. 

Black Widow was the definition of okay. It definitely should have been a series as opposed to a show. Nothing even worth mentioning happened until the dinner scene. 

Task Master was a letdown but there’s still room for the character to grow. 

I wonder how it must have felt for Scarlett being around so many people who were so good in their roles they constantly took the focus off of her. Especially Florence Pugh. 

“This would be a super cool way to die” 

“how can you not like this vest? It has so many pockets!” 

Edited by iStu X

Just finished Loki. Loved it. For me it's F&WS>Loki>WandaVision.  WandaVision feels like it accomplished the least for me, tho i still loved it. 

I like this version of The One Who Remains (Will use real name in a couple of days), very different from his normal portrayals, was very nice. If they keep this actor for this character then I'm pretty excited to see what comes down the pipe. Unlike Stu I find this character and all his shenanigans to be rather fun. 

33 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Just finished Loki. Loved it. For me it's F&WS>Loki>WandaVision.  WandaVision feels like it accomplished the least for me, tho i still loved it. 

I like this version of The One Who Remains (Will use real name in a couple of days), very different from his normal portrayals, was very nice. If they keep this actor for this character then I'm pretty excited to see what comes down the pipe. Unlike Stu I find this character and all his shenanigans to be rather fun. 

Stu likes this version. It's streamlined... Most of his hate is because the comics version is convoluted as fuck 

7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Spoiler

The version who appeared on the show seems to be Immortus. A version of Kang who grew tired of being a villain and mellowed out. We might get the real deal next season.

I really don't understand how so many people missed the boat that most of our franchises have real world scenarios baked into them. Art imitates life. 

That said, the more modern approach uses algorithms to determine how long a storyline should unfold. That's the problem. 

As a side. Saw the Loki finale. 

I'm good with the casting. It also did exactly what I thought this was gonna set up. 

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Black Widow has some bad ass action scenes/choreography, only 20 minutes in. Gettin Winter Soldier vibes

I agree. The action was great, the only real criticism I have is that it really hits different after Endgame.

Spoiler

Her death feels a lot more forced. But her sister does come off as fun so if they are going the legacy route she seems a good choice.

Still this is the type of movie I was expecting years prior after Winter Soldier for her. But I guess that price tag is too high going forward.

Edited by Wellman
14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

There was a good Spiral story some years ago, in Uncanny X-force 2014. Check it out if you haven't.

That’s Rick Remenders  run right? I’ve flipped through a bit of it. It’s really good. I need to sit down and actually read it 

Edited by iStu X

I just got back from Black Widow.

Pros:

Yelena Belova and her interaction with Tasha was the best part of the film.  David Harbor and Rachel Weisz were good too. 

Action was serviceable

Cons

Due to its release 2 yrs post endgame, the stakes felt low and the film was somewhat anticlimactic given Tasha's fate in Endgame

Taskmaster felt underused. They tried to go for Winter soldier in terms of both action and character remorse, but it didnt really elicit any sympathy for the person who was behind the mask. I almost forgot who that person was at the reveal and only went "oh" when I  read wikipedia after exiting the cinema. It made sense for the movie, but I hope the character be reworked for the next appearance/incarnation.

Red Guardian needed a full length fight scene with Taskmaster.

It kind of felt like a "Great Value"   Winter Soldier homage.

Overall:  7/10

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

The way he use shading on the last one^  to accentuate curves is good.

I’m use to see Pixie with super vibrant colors and styles that make her look totes kawaii. This looks really good though. It’s so different but not in a bad way 

Edited by iStu X