Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

On 7/22/2021 at 11:41 AM, Wellman said:

Honestly that is awesome and I would love it if they showed or had a throw away line saying some variant of him owned a candy company run by orange guys.

In the comics there is a Kang variant that runs a company that happen to own a whole town in the 1890s

There so a Kang that ruled as Pharoah in ancient Egypt, where his biggest nemesis is Apocalypse (known then as En Sabah Nur).

Edited by DarkSakul

Just finished watching Loki ep2. Show seems to setup the next phase with the multiverse stuff. Wanda Loki and Strange next will finish introducing the whole multiverse thing right into Spiderman. Kinda neat. Owen Wilson is such an underrated actor. I loved him as Hansel and Dupree but he can do semi serious roles too

Also, Emilia Clarke getting a MCU character? Yum, yes please

Edited by locoghoul
21 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

In the comics there is a Kang variant that runs a company that happen to own a whole town in the 1890s

There so a Kang that ruled as Pharoah in ancient Egypt, where his biggest nemesis is Apocalypse.

I know about the Egypt one but the 1890s one I did not or forgot. In comics they rarely have Kang use his time traveling much save for a few schemes and having future weapons. Hopefully they do something different with the MCU version or at least make it entertaining.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

I know about the Egypt one but the 1890s one I did not or forgot.

Imagine late 1800s early 1900s era millionaire with a corporate town, has a Willy Wonka flare and made everything possible with knowledge (like knowing what to invest on) from the future and hording some 40th century tech for good measure. 

Edited by DarkSakul

I know I’m crazy behind on the titles since I only read in trade but god damn Marauders #16 was so god damn satisfying 

Spoiler

Seeing Kate Pryde and Lockheed getting their pound of flesh from Sebastian Shaw is the most gratifying issue of the entire relaunch I’ve read to date. It was so brutal yet so calculated by Kate, Emma and Storm. 

What an amazing issue 

Edited by iStu X

I was just about to post this Scarlett situation. I thought it was YouTube clickbait at first. This will be interesting. As for Chapek and Iger situation, no matter what you think of either man. Anyone in Chapek's position would be miffed. He's the CEO now. Iger needs to let the man do his job.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Speaking of all this situation between the rat and Scarjo, i assume that the Tower of Terror movie she was working on with them is dead now.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/scarlett-johansson-tower-of-terror-movie-disney-early-development-1234780375/

I have this hypothesis that maybe that movie project was the consolation prize she got for the BW being on Disney+, but somehow that project fell threw and now she is suing because she was left with nothing.

Edited by Hecatom

Honestly I would hope, but wouldn't bet cause entertainment and legal types can be stupid too, that when they knew they needed to shift to the hybrid release format they cut her a piece of that revenue in an amended deal before coming out and doing it like that.

But if they didn't and just made the decision unilaterally without giving her some premier access pie that seems like a bad job knowing your own deals. Although ballsy or foolish, I can't tell, of her to go the legal route before the film's run is even done. I mean Disney owns almost half of Hollywood, if they turn their head from you on future projects losing a lot.

26 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well, it's a good thing Black Widow is already dead, cuz they surely would've killed her off after this. Safe to say she won't be in any further Disney projects 😂

Yeah, when she said she was retiring from the character after the movie I just thought she was walking away and may come back for guest spots. But even if a settlement can be reached, I don't think she is as big enough or can ever become such for the Disney to forgive and forget torching them like this.