Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Tell me I'm not the only one that has seen Infinity War......brah 😱

I haven't seen it yet but I'm probably gonna go Sunday morning and check that shit out. I was lukewarm on it prior to release but the buzz is undeniable for me and at this point I've seen all but like 3 of the MCU movies so I might as well keep the ball (infinity stone?) rolling.

2 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

Oh well, it looks like it will at least 3 to 4 weeks till I get to see Infinite Wars.

No theatre here is having 2D screenings. 😞

lmao!!!! Have fun avoiding spoilers. 

You 'll prob say (well I just won't frequent sites that could have any).

Let me give a little story. 

One of my all time favorite manga is Death Note and I was just about finished with it not knowing the ending. The manga had me hooked and I wanted it end a certain way. I was also really into Hip-Hop back then and read allot of XXL (Hip-Hop mag). Now you might be saying "well Twin, those two things have nothing to do with each other". And you'd be right 99% of the time. Except for the 1 time the one fucking time...... 

So I'm reading the newest edition of XXL and I'm reading the opening article from the editor. He's talking about stuff and blah blah and....

......Just like Light Yagami  got _______________  at the end of Death Note.

I'm like........ nigga what? Did I just find out the ending of the manga I'm almost done reading in a fucking rap magazine?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still salty. Be careful for Bea lol

Edited by TWINBLADES_SRK
2 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

lmao!!!! Have fun avoiding spoilers. 

You 'll prob say (well I just won't frequent sites that could have any).

Let me give a little story. 

One of my all time favorite manga is Death Note and I was just about finished with it not knowing the ending. The manga had me hooked and I wanted it end a certain way. I was also really into Hip-Hop back then and read allot of XXL (Hip-Hop mag). Now you might be saying "well Twin, those two things have nothing to do with each other". And you'd be right 99% of the time. Except for the 1 time the one fucking time...... 

So I'm reading the newest edition of XXL and I'm reading the opening article from the editor. He's talking about stuff and blah blah and....

......Just like Light Yagami ______ got _______  at the end of Death Note.

I'm like........ nigga what? Did I just find out the ending of the manga I'm almost done reading in a fucking rap magazine?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still salty. Be careful for Bea lol

I have already read a lot of spoilers about it.

I am too old for that shit, so I will just go watch it knowing fully what happens. 😛

Besides, I have been doing that since Age of Ultron because theatres here started to only carry 3D screenings for those big films on release.😑

And 3D films give me migraines, so fuck this.

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You've been traded in the racial draft for Jason "White Chocolate" Williams.

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

[Inhales deeply].........................................

Boi

I was too busy to see it in theaters...waiting for home release... 😢

and now a multi post info on what could have been in the MCU

Iron Man (2008)

>Several directors turned down the project, believing it would flop, before Jon Favreau was hired. Louis Leterrier was also interested, and subsequently directed THE INCREDIBLE HULK.

>Timothy Olyphant, Sam Rockwell and Clive Owen auditioned for Tony Stark before Robert Downey Jr. was cast.

>Rachel McAdams was approached for Pepper Potts before Gwyneth Paltrow was cast.

>Early drafts featured Obadiah Stane only as Stark's estranged mentor. His descent into villainy would be explored over a trilogy.

>Early drafts featured the Mandarin as a corrupt Chinese businessman who led the 10 Rings and created the Crimson Dynamo armor to fight Iron Man, before Jon Favreau decided to build up to him in a trilogy instead of Stane.

>In early drafts, Stark would fight Stane in the prototype Mark IV armor, which includes a shoulder-mounted gattling gun and would later become the War Machine armor.

>In early drafts, Stark would throw Stane into a vat of acid rather than have him caught in an explosion. When the armor is retrieved, Stane's body is gone, indicating he might have survived.

>The movie was filmed mostly without a script, with actors ad-libbing most of their lines based on production guidelines. Production was so chaotic that both the cast and the producers expected the movie to be a disaster until test-screenings reported surprisingly positive audience reception.

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

>Mark Ruffalo was director Louis Leterrier's original choice for Bruce Banner, but the studio favored Edward Norton.

>Norton declined at first, and only agreed on the condition that he could revise the script and that all of his contributions would be filmed. Most ended up being cut after poor reception at test-screenings. Norton clashed with Leterrier and the producers throughout production. 

>Norton was a fan of THE WIRE and added a subplot about a man played by Michael K. Williams, who reaches out to the Hulk during the Battle of Harlem to stop the destruction. The subplot was almost entirely cut and Williams' role reduced to a cameo.

>Norton also added an extended comedic sequence where Banner interacts with a computer geek while trying to retrieve data from the Culver University. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Jason Segel, among others, were approached for the geek before the scene was scrapped and the geek reduced to a cameo, played by Martin Starr.

>Stan Lee would originally cameo as the captain of the USS Excelsior, a fishing boat that Banner and Betty Ross hire to take them to Manhattan.

>In early cuts, the Hulk decapitates the Abomination. This was changed due to poor reception at test-screenings.

>In later cuts, the Abomination would be locked up in The Vault, a meta-human prison developed by Tony Stark, but the scene was scrapped in favor of Stark’s meeting with Ross about the Avengers Initiative.

>Hulk was envisioned as the main villain of THE AVENGERS at the time, hence the ending were Banner flashes a sinister smile as he begins to transform again.

>Leterrier pitched a cameo appearance by Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, bumping into Banner at Empire State University, but Sony Pictures rejected the idea.

>Ray Stevenson auditioned for Emil Blonsky before Tim Roth was cast.

Edited by TheInfernoman

I wish studio's would film a scene or two with the other potential actors.

I went Thursday night to see the premier in 3D. The 3D effects were pretty good, although it made my eyes strain a bit. The background parts of the scene that are blurry made my eyes go kinda crazy since I couldn't bring it into focus lol. Either way I enjoyed it. I'm planning on watching it again in normal mode in a couple weeks after the crowd has died down.

Spoiler

I did not expect it to end this way whatsoever. I knew bits and pieces of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet through my random readings of Wikipedia articles and knew he was a badass so I should've seen it coming. What a friggen cliffhanger, wish next year was here already. I like how the remaining main characters will basically assemble into the OG Avengers from the comics for the next movie. All in all I enjoyed this movie. I don't think it's the best MCU movie, but it did a good job of incorporating so many different characters. I just wish they made Vision's story arc better. Watching him basically do nothing and lick his wounds the whole movie killed his character for me.

and now another set of what could have been in MCU:

Iron Man 2 (2010)

>Jon Favreau planned to adapt the "Demon in a Bottle" storyline, but the studio felt it was too dark.

>Early drafts featured Justin Hammer as the main villain, manipulating brothers Ivan Vanko and Boris Bullsky into targeting Tony Stark in order to steal the Iron Man technology. Vanko would die during a fight with Stark in Monaco, and Bullsky would become the Titanium Man to avenge him. Further revisions made Vanko into the main villain and reduced Hammer to a supporting role.

>Mickey Rourke created an elaborate backstory for Vanko to make him a more sympathetic character, but most of these scenes were cut to streamline the narrative. Rourke was displease and disowned the movie, swearing never to work with Marvel again.

>Early cuts featured mutual sexual tension between Stark and Black Widow, which was scrapped as test-audiences felt it undermined his relationship with Pepper. 

>Early cuts featured an ending where Vanko forces Stark to surrender to him by kidnapping Pepper and is killed by War Machine with the ex-wife missile, which was scrapped as test-audiences felt it lacked action and stakes.

>Emily Blunt was cast as Black Widow, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Scarlett Johansson.

>Al Pacino was approached to play Hammer before the character was reinvented and Sam Rockwell, who had originally auditioned for Bullsky, was cast.

>The cast once again ad-libbed most of their dialogue. Favreau was unhappy with the movie, believing that the rushed production schedule that didn't allow him to refine the script as much as he wanted, and declined to return for IRON MAN 3.

Thor (2011)

>Matthew Vaughn and Guillermo Del Toro were approached to direct before Kenneth Branagh was hired.

>The first draft of the script was a dark epic set in the Viking Age and modeled after THE LORD OF RINGS, but was scrapped for being borderline unfilmable in terms of budget.

>Liam Hemsworth, Charlie Hunnam, Joel Kinnaman, Alexander Skarsgard and Tom Hiddleston auditoned for Thor before Chris Hemsworth was cast. Hiddleston impressed the studio and was offered the role of Loki.

>Josh Hartnett and Charlie Cox auditioned for Loki before Hiddleston was cast.

>Brian Blessed and Mel Gibson were approached for Odin before Anthony Hopkins was cast.

>Jessica Biel and Diora Baird auditoned for Lady Sif before Jamie Alexander was cast.

>Alexander Townsend was originally cast as Fandral, but was fired due to his erractic behavior. Zachary Levi was approached to replace him before Josh Dallas was cast.

>Early drafts featured Thor's human alter-ego, Dr. Donald Blake, but the concept was scrapped for being needlessly convoluted.

>Early drafts featured Thor and Loki's other brother, Balder.

>Early drafts featured an extended battle between Thor and the Destroyer which was scrapped due to budget.

cheh,

For the first time in many years... this is a movie I'm tempted to see at least 1 more time before it eventually leaves the theaters...it's that damn awesome.  I'm a notoriously cheap bastard so it takes a LOT for a movie to get me to do that.  I'd say that yes---this is definitely a movie that warrants repeat viewings.  When it hits blu-ray I'm DEFINITELY buying whatever special edition of it immediately....

*Ebony Maw was THE SHIT, man... I don't think the simple ability of apparent telekinesis has ever looked as awesome on screen as it does here with this character.

sidenote-- the lineup of hotness is pretty strong here, actually--- we got Mantis, Gamora, the legendary Elizabeth Olsen (salad-toss worthy)...all with a side-serving of Black Widow on the scene.

Edited by MillionX

I saw it today.

I like it and imo Dr.Strange was the MVP in this movie with Thor a close second.

Even though I'm unfamiliar with Thanos and the infinity stones/Avengers stuff (mostly a x-men /spidey fan) I felt that it was good but not blow my socks off good.

The action was great and the character interactions were nice esp Dr Strange/Tony and Thor/Rocket.
Given the nature of the Gauntlet, I kinda had a rough idea of the ending and was mostly correct.
Maybe its bc I 'm in my thirties or I've been watching comic movies for 20 years, but I wasnt  shocked as much as Id thought by certain characters "fates"

While many previous MCU movies had a lot of characters, I usually felt that most characters were balanced well. In Infinity War, I felt like  was jumping from plot thread to plot thread almost like Justice League.

Brolin as Thanos did well, but I dont think he should be in the highest level of villains - Killmonger, Loki are still the best.

No mention of

Valkyrie and Korg? With Valkyrie strength, Im surprised they would kill her off or at least give a line about her escaping. It seems kind of morbid to have Asgardian citizens escape  Surtur/Hela  in Thor Ragnarok only to meet the end at Thanos hands?

58 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I saw it today.

I like it and imo Dr.Strange was the MVP in this movie with Thor a close second.

Even though I'm unfamiliar with Thanos and the infinity stones/Avengers stuff (mostly a x-men /spidey fan) I felt that it was good but not blow my socks off good.

The action was great and the character interactions were nice esp Dr Strange/Tony and Thor/Rocket.
Given the nature of the Gauntlet, I kinda had a rough idea of the ending and was mostly correct.
Maybe its bc I 'm in my thirties or I've been watching comic movies for 20 years, but I wasnt  shocked as much as Id thought by certain characters "fates"

While many previous MCU movies had a lot of characters, I usually felt that most characters were balanced well. In Infinity War, I felt like  was jumping from plot thread to plot thread almost like Justice League.

Brolin as Thanos did well, but I dont think he should be in the highest level of villains - Killmonger, Loki are still the best.

No mention of

Hide contents

Valkyrie and Korg? With Valkyrie strength, Im surprised they would kill her off or at least give a line about her escaping. It seems kind of morbid to have Asgardian citizens escape  Surtur/Hela  in Thor Ragnarok only to meet the end at Thanos hands?

Well regarding your spoiler.

Spoiler

Thor says that Thanos attacked his ship and killed half his people. That implies that half of them escaped Thanos. Korg and Valkyrie would be with the other half. I don't see Thor leaving a bunch of civilians unprotected.

And now another set of what could have been in MCU:

The Avengers (2012)

>Jon Favreau and Joe Carnahan were approached to direct before Joss Whedon was hired. Louis Leterrier volunteered, but was turned down.

>Zak Penn wrote the original script, which he revised multiple times to accomodate developments from other movies, but Whedon decide to write a new draft when he signed on for the movie.

>Penn's script featured the Avengers being assembled by SHIELD to fight Hulk, who had been brainwashed by Loki, before they join forces to defend the Earth from an invasion of the Frost Giants.

>Penn's draft introduced Thor and Loki, as there were discussions to scrap his standalone movie and reduce his role in the MCU for being too tonally clashing with the other Earth-bound, science-based heroes.

>Whedon created the concept of Thanos being Loki's benefactor as part of a greater plan.

>Early drafts featured Ant-Man and the Wasp, who were removed when ANT-MAN was delayed. Whedon also had plans for Ultron and the Skrulls that were ultimately scrapped.

>In early cuts, Iron Man would be revived by Thor's lightning after falling from the wormhole. Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo improvised Iron Man being awakened by the Hulk's roar.

>Robert Downey Jr. ad-libbed most of his dialogue. 

>After Edward Norton's departure, David Duchovny was approached for Bruce Banner before Mark Ruffalo was cast.

>Jensen Ackles was approached for Hawkeye before Jeremy Renner was cast.

>Morena Baccarin and Mary Elizabeth Winstead auditioned for Maria Hill before Cobie Smulders was cast.

>The movie was originally rated "R" for the scene where Phil Coulson is killed by Loki. To ensure the PG-13 rating, the blood was digitally erased, the stabbing was shortened and a reaction shot of Thor was added to break the continuous sequence of Coulson being stabbed and collapsing on the floor.

>There were plans to tie into THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN by featuring OsCorp Tower in New York City's skyline, but a deal with Sony could not be reached in time.

Iron Man 3 (2013)

>Tom Hooper was approached to direct before Shane Black was hired at Robert Downey Jr.'s behest.

>The Mandarin was envisioned as the main villain before Black pitched the concept of the him being a smokescreen for the real villain.

>Maya Hansen was envisioned as the real villain, but producer Ike Perlmutter didn't believe a female villain would be profitable and made Aldrich Killian into the real villain instead.

>Black's first draft for the movie was rated R and featured a subplot where Killian uses Extremis-enhanced pheromones to seduce Pepper, record their sexual encounter and broadcast it nationwide to taunt Stark.

>Early drafts featured Stark joining forces with Dr. Chen Wu, a scientist whose family was kidnapped by the 10 Rings, to stop the Mandarin, but the concept was scrapped.

>Early drafts featured a subplot about China producing their own Iron Man from stolen Starktech, leading to political tensions that the Mandarin would exploit to his benefit.

>Jessica Chastain was originally cast as Maya Hansen, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Gemma Arterton, Isla Fisher and Diane Kruger auditioned before Rebecca Hall was cast.

>Andy Lau was originally cast as Dr. Chen Wu, but dropped out due to creative differences and was replaced by Wang Xueqi and the role was severely reduced.

>Jude Law was approached to play Killian before Guy Pearce was cast.

>Anthony Mackie auditioned for Eric Savin before James Badge Dale was cast. He'd later play the Falcon.

>IRON MAN 3 was the last movie in Robert Downey Jr.'s original four-picture contract, and was written as a definitive end for the character should Downey Jr. not renegotiate to play the character in further installments.

I saw Infinity War finally this weekend after spending a week playing 'try to pick a time after work when you can see the movie without having to worry about being up till 1 AM and then only getting three hours of sleep before working the next day'.

Can honestly say that I enjoyed it; but, I was disappointed. Thanos seemed so underplayed. Brolin did well, don't get me wrong; but, I honestly would have expected him to have a greater challenge. Maybe it's just because of the fact that I've read the Infinity War comics (both Infinity War and Infinity, which I'm actually re-reading). The ironic thing is that the Outriders literally look identical to those in Infinity.

I can agree that the deaths were pretty much to be expected.

Gotta love the foreshadowing by Dr. Strange...

Tony: Why?

Dr. Strange: It was the only way...

*fades*

Then the death of Peter Parker in Tony's arms, brought a tear to my eye. Such a good job by Holland.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

Once again another set of what could have been in the MCU:

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

>Patty Jenkins was approached to direct the movie at Natalie Portman's behest, but dropped out due to creative differences, and was replaced by Alan Taylor. Portman was reportedly upset and didn't want to return to the movie, but was contractually forced to do so.

>Jenkins's version was an "intergalactic ROMEO & JULIET" centered on Thor and Jane Foster's estrangement and Odin'd disapproval of their relationship, and would've featured Hela as the main villain.

>Taylor clashed with the studio as he wanted a darker and edgier movie than they were comfortable with. The script was revised multiple times during filming, leading to numerous subplots being scrapped.

>In early drafts, Malekith had a more sympathetic backstory, wanting revenge for the death of his family at the hands of Thor's grandfather, Bors, but the concept was scrapped.

>Early drafts featured a minor role for Loki that was expanded due to the character's newfound popularity after THE AVENGERS, including a new ending where Loki usurps the thone of Asgard rather than genuinely sacrificing himself for Thor in the Dark World.

>Early drafts featured a larger role for Lady Sif, exploring her romantic feelings for Thor, but this subplot was cut after Jamie Alexander injured herself on set.

>Early drafts also included larger roles for Asgardian commander Tyr and Jane Foster's suitor Richard, and also included the Valkyrie and the Enchantress.

>Mads Mikkselsen was originally cast as Malekith, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Christopher Eccleston. He'd later play Kaecilius.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

>F. Gary Gray and George Nolfi were approached to direct before Joe & Anthony Russo were hired.

>Early drafts featured Sharon Carter as Captain America's partner, but revisions replaced her for Black Widow.

>Early drafts featured Hawkeye being deployed to capture Captain America after he escapes from the Triskelion, leading to a fight in an abandoned warehouse that ends with Hawkeye being defeated and secretly helping Captain America to escape. This subplot was scrapped due to time restraints.

>Early drafts featured Arnim Zola surviving the bunker's explosion by escaping in a robotic body. This subplot was scrapped for being tonally jarring.

>Early cuts featured several flashbacks to Captain America and Bucky's experiences during World War 2 which were cut to streamline the narrative.

>Anna Kendrick, Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones, Imogen Gay Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica Brown Findlay auditioned for Sharon Carter before Emily VanCamp was cast.

>Kevin Durand, Josh Holloway and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau auditioned for Brock Rumlow before Frank Grillo was cast.

>Michael B. Jordan auditioned for Sam Wilson before Anthony Mackie was cast.

>Alec Baldwin was approached for Alexander Pierce before Robert Redford was cast.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

>Peyton Reed and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck were approached to direct the movie before James Gunn was hired.

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative. 

>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and ROM; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast.

>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki auditioned for Gamora before Zoe Saldana was cast.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.

>Gal Gadot auditioned for Nebula before Karen Gillian was cast.

>Marvel Studios offered to allow Fox to retain the rights to Daredevil in exchange for using Silver Surfer and