Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Look at Hickman.. They gave him control of the entire xmen universe to reboot and he said.. Nah yall too much. 

…Hickman still works for Marvel. He’s currently writing several Marvel Unlimited exclusive titles. Not to mention he’s still overseeing x-men. He’s just in a much more of an advisory and honorary editor role now. He’s  not going to be involved in any of the writing x-titles after the Inferno event. 

the main reason he “removed” himself from X-men is because he was ready to move on to the next phase of the reboot and the writers kept wanting to do more that would make the phases more impactful and Hickman was like “dope. All that sounds awesome. While you guys are doing that, imma do this” 

Edited by iStu X

Just watched the what if of Thor being a total chad. 

shit was mad funny. I loved at the end where the watcher was like “wait, what?” And Ultron assimilated Vision WITH THE INFINITY STONES steps through a portal. 

also, Darcy and Howard the Duck totally banged and I refuse to acknowledge otherwise 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Just watched the what if of Thor being a total chad. 

shit was mad funny. I loved at the end where the watcher was like “wait, what?” And Ultron assimilated Vision WITH THE INFINITY STONES steps through a portal. 

also, Darcy and Howard the Duck totally banged and I refuse to acknowledge otherwise 

They got married Def banged 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, iStu X said:

Wait what? I missed that part apparently 😂😂😂

It was a blink and you miss it part of a montage before SHIELD knocks on the door. Yeah, the one aspect I didn't think I would see them let Howard bring over to the MCU, his game seems to be still in effect for at least this universe.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've had issues with some of the renditions of Beast before but damn. That one looks like Smokey Bear fell into a vat of blue hair dye.

It definitely looks like it’s based off Beast from Grant Morrisons run where he’s looks way more Anthropomorphic than any other iteration.

(It’s also considered an essential x men run but god the art did not age well. Lol) 

7CF69C16-8BA4-4C8F-9AA2-D7ED6CBB15D7.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Disney had no case. All they did was piss off a bunch of actors and agents.

LOL I legit don't even know if she was right. I wish they went to court because I can't tell if all of Hollywood just bullied them or if they truly lied to her

34 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL I legit don't even know if she was right. I wish they went to court because I can't tell if all of Hollywood just bullied them or if they truly lied to her

She was right. It reminded of back in the day where a company charged that Sony, Sega, and Nintendo have violated their patent.  Nintendo and Sony immediately just paid them the 7 million they wanted. Sega decided they knew better and ended up coughing up like 42 million. When WB decided to release movies straight to HBO Max they renegotiated contracts of the talent because they didn't want to get sued for breach of contract. WB was Nintendo and Sony. Disney was Sega. You think WB is going to voluntarily renegotiate contracts to give talent more money? They did it because they didn't want to get sued for breach of contract. 

Disney knew they were in the wrong. It's why they renegotiated deals with the rest of their talent. They gave Emma Stone a bag and Shang Chi got a theatrical only release after Black Window when COVID was worse. Disney, with the straight face, tried to say an exclusive theatrical release didn't mean only in theatres. 

I was about to see Venom today and right as I was about to buy my ticket I changed my mind and left. 😂

the only part of the movie that even remotely had my interest has been “spoiled” for me. I gave 0 fucks about the movie to begin with but since I know what the mid credits scene is I give less than 0 fucks about it. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Rumor time: Rumor has it Disney is looking into soft rebooting Daredevil starting Cox for Disney Plus

Also, they are confirmed to be developing a show about Echo, but rumor is Charlie Cox Daredevil may make an appearance 

Take with a grain of salt

I 100% believe they are gonna do an echo series because it's so fucking random she's gonna be in the other marvel show. She's only a dd character 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not familiar with Echo, just looked her up. I'm interested now. I'm all for lesser known characters getting a chance to shine.

She’s being pushed hardcore in the comics right now because she’s going to be in the MCU. 

she was actually given the Phoenix force just recently too. Much to everyone’s hatred of the move because it’s happened in Jason Aaron’s avengers run. Which is absolutely fucking trash lol. 

the only thing that’s good about the run has been Blade has been a focal point for most of it  but it just makes every reader of the run wonder “why did they give Aaron the avengers to ruin when it’s clear they just want him to write a blade solo series” 

I’m ranting, obviously but I’m not the only reader who has been monumentally confused, annoyed and outright pissed at Aaron who is coming from arguably the best Thor run of all time to doing a complete 180 and ruining not only Thor’s whole origin but the avengers entire origin as well. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I didn't notice his face before lol.

Anyway, Inferno was pretty good. That reveal at the end. 🤯

All hell is gonna break loose. Get it?

i just read it. I couldn’t fucking wait. The trade for it doesn’t come out until February of next year. Fuck that. Lol 

holy fucking shit the first issue of the inferno event came out fucking SWINGING. 

Sooooo god damn good

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

i just read it. I couldn’t fucking wait. The trade for it doesn’t come out until February of next year. Fuck that. Lol 

holy fucking shit the first issue of the inferno event came out fucking SWINGING. 

Sooooo god damn good

Yeah, I wouldn't wait to read it either.

The issue was packed with so much stuff.  It was great.

Anyway, in Inferno #1 it  seems there's a rewrite of her third death back from Powers of X that people think it's significant:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-men-marvel-comics-rewrites-important-scene/

I am curious to see how has Moira prepared to deal with Destiny. If you've read X-MEN #20

Spoiler

you see Moira reading Destiny's diaries. Reading all those events that have yet come to pass. That should put Moira ahead of the curve.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/moira-mactaggert-had-the-books-of-destiny-all-along-spoilers/

Edited by AriesWarlock

I don't believe in crossing ppl out for their views on vaxx however, in order to secure the bag it's best not to say anything at all. Keep your views secret until u get paid. It's certain shit u don't speak on if u want to keep a career. Not sayin I agree with her, but just sayin 

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I don't believe in crossing ppl out for their views on vaxx however, in order to secure the bag it's best not to say anything at all. Keep your views secret until u get paid. It's certain shit u don't speak on if u want to keep a career. Not sayin I agree with her, but just sayin 

If your on the clock and on the job stfu. If your not in the middle of a movie sure go ahead.. Whatever the companies decide to not fuck with you that's on them and you. But if im at work I don't need to hear your views on anti vaxx. Especiallyyyy because she's one of those nut jobs who linked the vaccine to Satan 

Edited by Maxx
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Or you can just not be a complete idiot. We got all this internet and people still acting stupid about technology invented in the early 1900s.  I loved her in that role, but I'd tell her to kick rocks. This ain't it. 

It's one thing to have a nuanced view behind the biological aspects or if you have certain medical risks. However, if your reasons divulge into 5G, pineal gland calcification, illuminati, lizard-people, Bill Gates, cloning, 5G, or Mecha-Godzilla, just stop.  

EDIT - 

Watched What-If. Overall enjoyed it. I think Strange Supreme has the worst "hero" arc in the MCU.

Edited by OPTIMUS124