Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

@AriesWarlock ^ man I’m so excited for X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine. Benjamin Percy has done such an amazing job with Wolverine. 

Funnily enough Wolverine was the reason I quit reading Marvel back in the day because they waaaaaay over saturated their publication line with him back in the aughts. I was so sick of seeing him in every title so I flat out stopped reading Marvel altogether 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

@iStu XYou know, I don't think I have read any Wolverine issues. I think I read one or two that were tie-ins for X of Swords. Maybe I should check it out.

Imo Benjamin Percy has made the Wolverine solo a must read. It’s so good. He just gets, Wolverine. He also writes X-Force which I feel is also a must read.  His writing of Beast makes me legit hate the character. 😂

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm liking Hawkeye thus far. How about you guys?

I Stan hard for Hailee Steinfeld. So yes. I love it. 
also if you’ve read the fraction/Aja run you can see their finger prints all over the show. 

I also love who they got as Echo. I can’t wait for Uncle Fisk. Gimme what We want marvel. 😡

Edited by iStu X
53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm liking Hawkeye thus far. How about you guys?

I'm liking it. I love street level superhero stuff and Hawkeye is giving just that. I've seen complaints about nothing happening on this show but the run the show is heavily based on has always been character driven. Given how the movies never gave him any attention character driven is exactly what he needs.

15 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

What I am curious of is if those events in the Netflix show will be canon, cuz they should definitely bring in Bullseye and Punisher too, not a deal breaker tho if it's all not Canon anymore, long as I get more of those characters I'm good. 

Their Def walking the line to fuck with us. At any point they can say something to confirm or deny and they refuse to lol 

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Their Def walking the line to fuck with us. At any point they can say something to confirm or deny and they refuse to lol 

Right, Feige lol

But even logistically, it'd to be a waste to throw away all that canon lore and character development, the leg work is already done, just use that as a jumping point for integrating them properly into the MCU. And if anything doesn't quite line up, MultiVerse of Madness can fix/explain away those discrepancies 

Considering Vincent D'Onofrio mentioned right before Hawkeyes filming began he’d love to come back as the Fisk and Charlie Cox  being rumored to be in the third spider-man film before it even had a name/went into pre-production it’s pretty clear they’re coming back. 

as for the actors who played everyone else (bullseye, elektra, Cage, Jones, etc) who knows? 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Considering Vincent D'Onofrio mentioned right before Hawkeyes filming began he’d love to come back as the Fisk and Charlie Cox  being rumored to be in the third spider-man film before it even had a name/went into pre-production it’s pretty clear they’re coming back. 

as for the actors who played everyone else (bullseye, elektra, Cage, Jones, etc) who knows? 

Honestly we only need the main crew and bullseye. 

Id want a reboot of the hand storyline. I don't think I was ever happy how it played out. Essentially making daredevil a subservient to iron fist

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Honestly we only need the main crew and bullseye. 

Id want a reboot of the hand storyline. I don't think I was ever happy how it played out. **Essentially making daredevil a subservient to iron fist**

I think you’re more upset about that since the guy who played Danny was a whiny and lazy fuck on set

Edited by iStu X
44 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I think you’re more upset about that since the guy who played Danny was a whiny and lazy fuck on set

LOL no I've always been the most lient person on srk about it all.

It just made it really weird since nothing about Finn came off as a leader. Even his role as protector felt more like a dude doin a job and not bein groomed to be a manager. 

It makes more sense if we wanna play with similar ideals daredevil became an immortal weapon. Dd and iron fist on the base have similar parallels so I can totally see Dd being an immortal weapon in the mcu world. 

9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL no I've always been the most lient person on srk about it all.

It just made it really weird since nothing about Finn came off as a leader. Even his role as protector felt more like a dude doin a job and not bein groomed to be a manager. 

It makes more sense if we wanna play with similar ideals daredevil became an immortal weapon. Dd and iron fist on the base have similar parallels so I can totally see Dd being an immortal weapon in the mcu world. 

I was half kidding. and I honestly know nothing about their dichotomy. I didn’t watch any of iron fist or defenders. I stopped watching all of the Netflix MCU shows after each of their initial seasons aired. 

I THINK I watched DD SE2 but I honestly don’t remember 

Edited by iStu X

I am trying not to get my hopes up for Kingpin, WandaVision burned me and I won't let Hawkeye or No Way Home get me too far down the rabbit holes.

Edit

Spoiler

Oh yeah that Pym arrow shit was something I was not even thinking they would try to pull off on a TV show. Props the whole chase was great. RIP Charger

Edited by Wellman
3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I am trying not to get my hopes up for Kingpin, WandaVision burned me and I won't let Hawkeye or No Way Home get me too far down the rabbit holes.

Edit

Hide contents

Oh yeah that Pym arrow shit was something I was not even thinking they would try to pull off on a TV show. Props the whole chase was great. RIP Charger

I liked the fact that....

Spoiler

Clint didn't pick the Challenger because he didn't want it to get totaled. It's pet peeve of mine when classic cars get wrecked in TV shows. Even though it still got smashed him not picking it somehow made me feel better. 

Vol 10. of Immortal Hulk comes out next Wednesday. It’s the last volume of the core run but another volume is coming out shortly after that collects the one shots like Immortal She-Hulk and issue 0. 

the trade for Daniel Warren Ellis’s brilliant Beta Ray Bill mini-series also drops the same day. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I don't read reviews so honestly I don't care. Literally a reviewer has never spoiled a movie for me.. It's my own gawd damn friends list that has

Welp that's an entirely different issue then LOL

After the Endgame debacle, I might as well just avoid social media altogether for at least a couple of days (most of my friends are from Mexico and from what I understand, the movie will be launched a couple of days before it is released here)

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Despite the scene taking place right at the ending of the first movie, both Miles and Gwen looks like they were aged up.

Hide contents

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

I guess that montage near the end with Miles being Spider-Man was supposed to be a small timeskip.

Not sure if it's an age up or just stylistic change. In comics miles looks damn near 20 now when he's still like 15/16. When originally he was drawn to look his age at 13?

15 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I hope they bring Jon Bernthal, Mike Colter, and Krysten Ritter back, too.

Colter has a new show on CBS called Evil, no idea how well it is doing but I remember hearing it got a second season, so he might be off the market for a while. Everybody else seems to be free, although they seem to have tried to get old girl who played Colleen Wing for a undisclosed role in Shang Chi but she chose to do the new Matrix movie instead. Hoping if all things work out they can still bring her back for the Colleen role.