Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

20 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Iron Fist? What the hell is that? 👀

😂 you saying this reminds me of when Luke Cage first meets Shang Chi. Danny and T’Challa are with Luke when he meets Shang Chi. After Shang explains who he is and how Danny and him know each other Luke is confused and asks Danny “how come you’ve never introduced us?”

T’Challa looks at Danny and was like “you’ve really never told Luke about Shang Chi?” Danny is all embarrassed and replied “no…no I haven’t”. After this admittion T’Challa and Luke just clown on Danny for 3 panels. 😂

Edited by iStu X

KRAKOA ENDURES! There's some whiny comments on facebook that have been calling for the end of the Krakoa era for months now lol.

The X-Men enter the #DestinyofX! New titles, team shakeups, and more when mutantkind’s next era begins this Spring. Read more here: https://bit.ly/3ye5mO5

Rising out of the ashes of INFERNO and emerging out of the vital time-travelling mission in X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE comes The Second Krakoan Age of X-Men: DESTINY OF X! Mutantkind’s future is reshaped once more, as Krakoa’s greatest triumphs and most crushing challenges still lie ahead. As last week’s CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY teasers showed, the possibilities are endless!

This new era will kick off with new titles such as IMMORTAL X-MEN, KNIGHTS OF X, LEGION OF X, and X-MEN RED, a stellar new creative team takeover on MARAUDERS, and revolutionary status quo changes for continuing titles X-MEN, X-FORCE, NEW MUTANTS, and WOLVERINE

Fans can get their first peek at what’s to come in a new promotional image by Leini Francis Yu and Sunny Gho, an epic group shot starring some of the major players of the franchise’s upcoming sagas!

“The journey of the Krakoan Age is far from over!” Senior Editor Jordan D. White promises. “Our long-term plan that all our creators have been working on in our secret Council Chamber has only just begun to come to fruition. With the filling of the two empty council seats, the Reign of X has ended, and it’s time for mutantkind to reach for their destiny!”

265336805_10159612492937488_125408175866

38 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

There's some whiny comments on facebook that have been calling for the end of the Krakoa era for months now lol.

They’re idiots. the Krakoa era is the shot in the arm X-Men needed. They haven’t been this interesting or compelling in a long ass time. Also X titles are all top chart sellers every week/month one of their titles are released. Krakoa era is going to stay around for a while. 

im super excited for Legion of X. It’s a group lead by Legion and Nightcrawler and they’re basically policing peoples minds. Which isn’t shady as fuck or anything of the likes. 🙃

x-men red is going to be great because it’s going to be about storm making an X-Men group of Arakko mutants. 

marauders has honestly been the best book of the relaunch, imo. With a new writer taking over I hope it can keep up with the quality it’s had since launch. 

Edited by iStu X

I am surprised Juggernaut finally is on Krakoa. They said in his mini-series that it's only for mutants, but Northstar's husband lives there and he's human. So that was strange.

Mr. Sinister must have gotten a slap in the wrist after all that went down. He's too important to let go.

Madelyne Prior will finally be resurrected.

X-Men Red sounds interesting.

Edited by AriesWarlock
9 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I am surprised Juggernaut finally is on Krakoa.

He’s actually going to be apart of the Legionaries/Legion of X. At the end of The Onslaught Revelation he was shown with Kurt, Legion, Pixie, Blink, Fabian, Lost and Xorn. 

I dont know HOW he ends up on Krakoa. It just showed that at a point he WILL be on Krakoa. 

He and Black Toms brief reunion at the end of the juggernaut mini-series was nice though. 

Edited by iStu X
21 hours ago, Wellman said:

Colter has a new show on CBS called Evil, no idea how well it is doing but I remember hearing it got a second season, so he might be off the market for a while. Everybody else seems to be free, although they seem to have tried to get old girl who played Colleen Wing for a undisclosed role in Shang Chi but she chose to do the new Matrix movie instead. Hoping if all things work out they can still bring her back for the Colleen role.

Colter wouldn't be out. The actresses who played Maria Hill and Slf had lead roles on TV shows when they did their Marvel roles. Cumberbatch was still doing Sherlock when he accepted the role of Strange. It's a matter of if he can find the time.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Let me know when yall have seen the latest episode of Hawkeye....

Reveal hidden contents

Yelena shows up!

Spoiler

Once I saw the Widow weapons I knew exactly who it was. I appreciate when things get real between Yelena and Clint.

The developing relationship between Clint and Kate has been a real highlight of this show. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Once I saw the Widow weapons I knew exactly who it was. I appreciate when things get real between Yelena and Clint.

The developing relationship between Clint and Kate has been a real highlight of this show. 

Agreed about Clint and Kate

Spoiler

Once Clint said to Kate "I'm fighting Echo" and Kate said "No Echo is here." I knew it was Yelena. A random thug would have got bopped by Clint before the camera cut back to him.

https://blog.gocollect.com/convince-me-to-buy-a-cgc-9-8-ultimate-fallout-4-good-luck/

Hilarious. Old man doesn't know current culture and has no idea what's popular. Does NOT have his finger on the pulse.

1.5 years ago, this dude was trying to get people to make him buy a 9.8 graded UF4, which is the first appearance of Miles Morales.

At the time it was around 800-1000 bucks. But he said it's a bubble and he would rather spend that money on some silver age stuff with Lizard or Vulture.

Fast forward to 2021, the book is now almost 3K. He has not responded to the comments in 2021 lol

🙃

Edited by scorp
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

@AriesWarlock

they just announced what Immortal X-Men will be about: it’s going to be about day-to-day ongoings of the Quiet Council and delving deeper into why they were chosen, what they bring to the council and what they ultimately hope to gain by being on the council 

That sounds interesting. I still haven't read Inferno #3 yet but I really want to! Will comment when I do.

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Having read the Fraction/Aja run of Hawkeye probably 4-5 times my favorite thing about the Hawkeye series so far is trying to spot every reference from the run in each episode. 

I've seen some fans believe that Kate's mom will become Madam Masque. She's definitely involved in some shady business but becoming a super villain? Feels like a stretch.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I've seen some fans believe that Kate's mom will become Madam Masque. She's definitely involved in some shady business but becoming a super villain? Feels like a stretch.

If Kate and Clint end up bringing down her security firm while bringing down Jack/Swordsman and the Tracksuits I can definitely see it. 

Edited by iStu X

Just finally caught up with Hellions.

HELLIONS2020018_Preview-1.jpg?ssl=1

Man, such a good book. It was all jokes and gags at the beginning, and then there's this change in tone that hits you in the feelings.

Spoiler

The end was bittersweet. Some realized that they need help, like Wildchild who finally accepted taking his pills. I think Greycrow changed a little. Psylocke overcoming manipulation and tragedy. But Orphan Maker, Peter, got the saddest ending of all. It was good to see Nanny owning up her bad attitude towards Peter and selflessly going to the pit with him. But Peter, man, the way he looks at the floor like a child who knows did wrong and is gonna get his punishment.

Screen-Shot-2021-12-07-at-9.41.00-AM-768

He only wanted to be a boy, a good boy 😭😭

😭

That book has no right being so good.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, iStu X said:

Holy fucking shit issue 3 of Inferno is absolutely insane

Finally read it.

Spoiler

I am surprised Emma wants both Xavier and Magneto gone that badly. I honestly thought Moira would be more prepared for her reunion with Destiny. And they cut off her arm? Damn!

Douglas surprised me. Always thought of him as as goody two shoes, but he actually  mistrusted Xavier all this time.

I did not expect all of these. I am entertained.

I don't get why people think dying on this vaccination hill, when millions of folk have already done it and doing so costs you millions is the right play. This does fuck a great deal of folk, short of them recasting and reshooting everything else. And depending on how much is left or already done that may not even be possible.

I really do feel for all working on the project at this point. Just trying to get it across the finish line has been a big hurdle.

Man, is like marvel doesn't learn, lol.

So they have those comic books, Voices, and the 1st volume released some days ago.

Supposedly celebrating the latino super heroes they have.

Of course as the dumb turds they are, they use latinxs in all the adds they made for it, even when on twitter 99% of the comments is telling them to stop using a slur, yes we do see latinxs as a slur and by now many people see it as calling a black person the hard R .

And what do those fuckers do on the number 1 of the comic?

Double down on the latinx shit by being a propaganda comic explaining to a latino woman why latinx is more inclusive and why is a good thing.

Dunno what is the end goal of the Disney corporation, but all their push for gaining the latinos favor are not working, this shit with marvel is a doozy, West Side Story is a bomb and Encanto is not doing great either.

And they keep using latinxs is not helping whatever they are trying to do, lol.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not surprised. I thought people were finally getting hip to this already. I thought my co-worker was going shank me when I asked him about latinx. @HecatomI'm glad it's getting a lot of pushback. I don't want you stuck with that shit. Maybe it won't be the new colored people erm people of color 🙄

There is a Politico article on the subject, where they reveal that only like 2% of people identify as latinx on usa, and with like 40% of the people surveyed finding it offensive, and in that percentage a good chunk finding extremely offensive and if they find a company or politician use it, then they will avoid supporting anything from them.

They even mentioned that it goes against the hippocratic ideals to keep pushing for a term where a good chunk of the population finds offensive and only 2% of the population use.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/06/hispanic-voters-latinx-term-523776