Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

10 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

There is a Politico article on the subject, where they reveal that only like 2% of people identify as latinx on usa, and with like 40% of the people surveyed finding it offensive, and in that percentage a good chunk finding extremely offensive and if they find a company or politician use it, then they will avoid supporting anything from them.

They even mentioned that it goes against the hippocratic ideals to keep pushing for a term where a good chunk of the population finds offensive and only 2% of the population use.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/06/hispanic-voters-latinx-term-523776

I saw a similar article elsewhere. 

As expected Comixology is having a huge Spider-Man sale to celebrate No Way Home. Im fairly certain it’s spidey’s entire publication history that’s on sale. 

The sale prices are insanely good too. I’m taking Masterworks books that’re usually around $20 are going for less than $2. The sale ends 1/1/22. 

This is perfect for me. I got a new job, I get paid disability for January almost a week early due to New Years, parents aren’t even bother shopping for me this holiday and are just giving me cash AND my best friend is giving me a $50 Comixology gift card for holiday. 

im about to read so much spider-man. Even clone saga. 😂

here’s a link to the sale: 

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=39503&lang=1

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's not that bad lmfao. I just don't know exactly how you buy it all since it ran sumtin like 2 years? I own a bunch of them still.. But the internet has overhyped the suckyness of it. 

Marvel literally released a book about how bad they shit the bed regarding the clone saga. It’s not overstated in the slightest. 😂

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Marvel literally released a book about how bad they shit the bed regarding the clone saga. It’s not overstated in the slightest. 😂

For me that screams cash grab more than anything else. I was actively buying that comic during the time and people ended up thinking it was bad but not any worse than alot of 90s stories. But now I'd say in the past 10-15 years it's gotten a way bigger bad rap about it all... You'd think it was the worst story marvel ever created by some reactions people have towards it 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

After finishing episode 5. YES TF IT IS WORTH WATCHING. Holy shit 😱

Yeah fam, I was like 😱 watching that too. 

Spoiler

I can already see the setup for Echo's show. She going to be after Kingpin because Hawkeye was telling her the truth. Kingpin leaked the info to Ronin to get her father eliminated.

53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hide contents

I can already see the setup for Echo's show. She going to be after Kingpin because Hawkeye was telling her the truth. Kingpin leaked the info to Ronin to get her father eliminated.

Spoiler

That's definitely a Kingpin move. How the fuck is this guy out of prison after he managed to blackmail the FBI? They need more than the snap to explain this shit.

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

That's definitely a Kingpin move. How the fuck is this guy out of prison after he managed to blackmail the FBI? They need more than the snap to explain this shit.

Not sure how they will explain it

Spoiler

MCU, weird finally saying that, Vanessa wasn't clueless to what Wilson does like in some incarnations. She knew and didn't care. So he probably had her working some angles from the outside to get him freed.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Probably not the same exact "guy" or some ripples happened that fudged up timeline. Or they could go the variant route 

44 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I managed to find a lot of availability for next Sunday in my neck of the woods. 🤷‍♂️

LOL I dunno if it matters but near one of the biggest theaters in mass so it tends to get super populated. Was looking for opening weekend last week and everything but 2am and obscure times I was working were available 

I'm probably going try to go next Tues/Weds in the late afternoon.

Technically , there are some showings scattered through tomorrow/Fri in my area, but I don't want to forage for good seats amongst the throngs.  

Even though I'm boosted, I'm still hesitant to go into a full capacity cinema at prime time evening showings.

Edited by DangerousJ
15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Must be nice 

I mean, I guess? For the longest time I genuinely hated seeing marvel movies on open nights/weekends because no one knows how to act right which makes it impossible to actually enjoy the movie. 

So having people not give a shit about marvel movies is kinda nice cause I can see them out of the gate instead of having to wait. 

But I also genuinely hate where I live cause it’s a shit hole town with nothing of interest. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I mean, I guess? For the longest time I genuinely hated seeing marvel movies on open nights/weekends because no one knows how to act right which makes it impossible to actually enjoy the movie. 

So having people not give a shit about marvel movies is kinda nice cause I can see them out of the gate instead of having to wait. 

But I also genuinely hate where I live cause it’s a shit hole town with nothing of interest. 

I don't trust my internet to not spoil if I could take my time to see it I would. But my life is too connected, I can avoid Twitter but fb posts by friends even when they don't think it's a big deal spoil shit. 

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lmfao small question.... 

Spoiler

When did Hawkeye get his sword back? I don't remember that happening. 

Also did anyone else think it was bullseye disguised as Ronin to try and take echo out? 

Just now, Maxx said:

Lmfao small question.... 

Hide contents

When did Hawkeye get his sword back? I don't remember that happening. 

Also did anyone else think it was bullseye disguised as Ronin to try and take echo out? 

I'm pretty sure....

Spoiler

he snagged it when he went to Kate's place and they he ate with Kate, her mom, and her fiance. They made a point to Clint notice the sword when he was there.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm pretty sure....

Hide contents

he snagged it when he went to Kate's place and they he ate with Kate, her mom, and her fiance. They made a point to Clint notice the sword when he was there.

I feel like there needs to be more of a discussion on him taking it because

Spoiler

The boyfriend stole it from the black market. Then used it to try and kill clint when he broke in. At some point clint should have asked.. How did you get that sword.  Unless I'm blanking on this being explained in front of the mom

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I feel like there needs to be more of a discussion on him taking it because

Reveal hidden contents

The boyfriend stole it from the black market. Then used it to try and kill clint when he broke in. At some point clint should have asked.. How did you get that sword.  Unless I'm blanking on this being explained in front of the mom

Spoiler

Jack having the sword convinced him of the things Kate was saying about him and got his wife to look into him. It's how he discovered his embezzlement and money laundering