Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

39 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Jack having the sword convinced him of the things Kate was saying about him and got his wife to look into him. It's how he discovered his embezzlement and money laundering 

Spoiler

Yeah but my thing is.... At no point do I remember clint actually taking the sword from Jack. Lol. And it feels like no one else does either. 

19 hours ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

Yeah but my thing is.... At no point do I remember clint actually taking the sword from Jack. Lol. And it feels like no one else does either. 

Spoiler

I remember it from the last episode. They show he was eyeing the sword when all of them were at the table talking and then I after he left having talked to Kate's mom he had it if I remember the episode before last right.

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sitting in this theatre waiting for this movie to start so I can FINALLY not worry about spoilers.👍🏾

I was super busy all day today so I didn’t get around to looking up tickets until a few hours ago. The showing I was gunning for wasn’t sold out by any means but was filled out enough to make me uncomfortable with going. 

So I’m catching the very first showing they have tomorrow at a little before noon. 

15 hours ago, HD-Man said:

My review of Spiderman NWH

It’s far and away the best of the MCU Spidey films. And not because of all the nostalgia but because 

Spoiler

The hard reset it does for Peter. The biggest gripe with MCU Peter (which I feel we’ve all shared and agreed with to a certain degree on here and $RK) is that MCU Peter didn’t feel like Peter due to how he was immediately thrown into intergalactic shenanigans and other crazy shit and the alliances he didn’t really earn or have grow organically. 

he was never the friendly neighborhood Spidey and we never got to see him grow into the amazing hero he becomes. He had stark tech, dozens of Allie’s and all the aforementioned shit.

We finally get to see Peter Parker become Spider-Man instead of a Spider-Man that happens to be Peter Parker, if that makes sense. 

also the way they introduced prospects of new villains was great. I didn’t get to see all of them but I saw Kraven, Rhino and Scorpion breaking through from the cracking multiverse. I’m sure there were way more but those we the ones I immediately saw. 

im really excited for the new trilogy marvel and Sony just joint green lit. 

also props to Sony/Marvel for having Electro further hint at Miles Morales existing in the MCU. 

Edited by iStu X
Spoiler

I want to touch on that Venom scene again. Technically Venom should be a hive mind, connected with all other symbiotes, even if they are in different universes.

Ppl think it's a plot hole him even being in the MCU, but it's not since the Venom from the Raimi movies also knows Parker is Spiderman, and  Strange's spell only affected those who knows Spidermans secret identity. So it checks out if they're gonna draw from the comic lore more

And this could also lead to Knull down the line, who's more than suitable as a big bad for the MCU or they could just keep him in the Sony universe. Alot of possibilities here

And spealkng of Miles, don't be suprised if some of the MCU leaks into Across the Spiderman. I don't have anything to go on, but at this point literally anything could happen now, especially after Multiverse of Madness pops off. A cameo from the live action Spidermen probably wouldn't be out the question 

Edited by HD-Man
8 hours ago, iStu X said:

It’s far and away the best of the MCU Spidey films. And not because of all the nostalgia but because

Agreed for all the reasons mentioned in the spoiler post. If this was actually Sony's plan, they get mad props. 

13 hours ago, iStu X said:

Yo that end credits scene tho. 

Like I said. . . .

On 12/16/2021 at 7:25 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Spider-Man: No Way Home - B+

POST Credits Scene - A++++++++

I'll die on this hill 🤣

9 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Like I said. . . .

Spoiler

Out of the MCU’s entire existence the end credits scene/Doctor Strange 2 trailer is the only time I’ve legit “jumped out of my seat yelling” type of hype for. Nothing else has even compared when it comes to ANY thing in the MCU.  

When they showed What If Evil Strange and then IMMEDIATELY show Shuma Gorath I legit jumped out my seat and yelled “OH SHIT! OH SHIT OH SHIT!” 

Edited by iStu X
Spoiler

I'd like to give kudos to the MCU for fixing Electro all around. Jamie Foxx was hilarious as fuck too in this movie, they allowed him to basically be himself, and it worked. They don't really explain how he went from ultra goofy nerd to real ass n**** but I'll let it pass since it just works😂

And Defoe still has it, he flips that switch. Nice seeing Holland have to really dig deep to keep up acting wise with Defoe. Goblin confirmed still best Spidey villain after this. He received a noticeable power boost in this movie too, he didn't seem as strong in the old Raimi movie, I'm sure I missed a detail that explained it in the movie 

I'm curious if an Osborne exists in the MCU however 

Edited by HD-Man

I fall in love with No Way Home as soon as I saw 

Spoiler

Daredevil. I been waiting for Matt to be Peter's lawyer since Spidey was allowed in the MCU. I hope they have a proper team up in the next movie. I want to see those two in a movie together. My theater gave a small applause when he showed up so that was great.

Man, place broke out in cheers when Garfield and Tobey showed up. This movie really showed how wasted Garfield was. When put in a good Spider-Man movie his Peter really shined. Seeing him save MJ almost made me cry. His reaction when he did really sold the emotion of it.

Them doing the finger point in the lab was a great meta joke. Same with Ned promising Peter he will never go supervillain on him

I'm so glad I watched this Thursday. Going on twitter and youtube would have pissed me off. So many random landmines.

Literally, something trending on Twitter right now says:

Spoiler

Don’t get caught up in a web of spoilers, but Spider-Man: No Way Home hits theaters on Friday and reviews are crawling in

Trending with Andrew Garfield

They're spoiling shit without even meaning to. I mean, that in particular wasn't a well kept secret and something one would expect with this plot, but still. You can't even control the spoilers unless you stay all the way off social.

Edited by axeman61

I've finally managed to see Spiderman and avoided all the big ass spoilers. Damn emotional ride

Spoiler

-wing being sorcerer Supreme is hilarious and I feel like alot of people missed that 

-the Peter's discussing they all Lost someone was very enter the spiderverse where everyone had an uncle Ben moment. 

-I wish they explained why Spiderman body could move without his soul. I'm wondering if this is implying the mystical element to Spiderman ie. Totems. 

spacer.png

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I've finally managed to see Spiderman and avoided all the big ass spoilers. Damn emotional ride

Hide contents

-wing being sorcerer Supreme is hilarious and I feel like alot of people missed that 

-the Peter's discussing they all Lost someone was very enter the spiderverse where everyone had an uncle Ben moment. 

-I wish they explained why Spiderman body could move without his soul. I'm wondering if this is implying the mystical element to Spiderman ie. Totems. 

spacer.png

For your last question....

Spoiler

I just assumed it was his Spider Sense

Really liked this one.

Spoiler

Glad that the Tobey/Garfield appearance was actually well-written into the plot and not just a cameo in the final battle. Especially liked Garfield, poor guy got slammed for being a good actor in subpar films, glad he got his shine. Also the guy was constantly being harassed once the leaks started coming through so also kudos on the personal side of things

Also was intrigued by his "I stopped pulling punches" line like I wanted to see if Garfield was tapping into the dark side but they never elaborated on it so....

Edited by Lantis