Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

I dunno man, not really feeling Morbius altogether....it has that shitty movie vibe that I just can't shake off. The fact that it was originally scheduled for a January release (aka The Dump Month) should tell you all you need to know....

I just have zero interest in Morbius. I didn't even like his arc on the Spiderman animated series. Only cool thing about him showing was Blade showing up too.

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

I just read the end of Inferno and holy fucking shit. 

edit: whoa, Juggz new outfit is clean af. I love it 

I just read it. I did not expect the ending at all.

Spoiler

Magneto and Xavier fighting Nimrod and Omega Sentinel was cool. I didn't think Magneto would fall for such an easy trap. A little more and I think they could have won. Oh well. I thought Moira would have something prepared for their eventual reunion with Mystique and Destiny.

Cypher saving the day was not something I was expecting though I figured he would do something since he has eyes on all of Krakoa. I liked Bei making an appearance. I hope she's used more.

It still boggles my mind why Mystique would be invited to be part of the Quiet Council. She's a liar, and no loyalty. Though she seems to hold in some esteem the notion of mutanism. Not sure if she likes Krakoa.

I'll tell you what, because Destiny was always shown as an old woman, but now that she's young, man she's hot lol.

Yeah, that new Juggernaut suit looks pretty cool. Speaking of, I wonder why we never saw more of this version that appeared in X-Men Blue.

x-men-blue-1-juggernaut-preview-4-989786

52 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I just read it. I did not expect the ending at all.

Hide contents

Magneto and Xavier fighting Nimrod and Omega Sentinel was cool. I didn't think Magneto would fall for such an easy trap. A little more and I think they could have won. Oh well. I thought Moira would have something prepared for their eventual reunion with Mystique and Destiny.

Cypher saving the day was not something I was expecting though I figured he would do something since he has eyes on all of Krakoa. I liked Bei making an appearance. I hope she's used more.

It still boggles my mind why Mystique would be invited to be part of the Quiet Council. She's a liar, and no loyalty. Though she seems to hold in some esteem the notion of mutanism. Not sure if she likes Krakoa.

I'll tell you what, because Destiny was always shown as an old woman, but now that she's young, man she's hot lol.

Yeah, that new Juggernaut suit looks pretty cool. Speaking of, I wonder why we never saw more of this version that appeared in X-Men Blue.

x-men-blue-1-juggernaut-preview-4-989786

Spoiler

I’ve always loved the idea of Cypher but always felt no one knew what to do with him. Even Claremont. How Hickman wrote him his entire X-Run has been pure perfection. 

Hickman never does anything without a grand scheme for that thing. So I knew as soon as Cypher was tasked with learning all he could about Krakoa and build a relationship with the island I knew shit would happen eventually. I just didn’t know the hammer would drop this hard. 

god I love Hickman 

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So it seems Madelyne Prior will terrorize the New Mutants. And I did not look for this.

Maybe. That’s what everyone thought when Shadow King started messing with the fledgling young mutants the OG’s were training but that ended up not really being a thing. 

Madelyn is a clone and honey badger is a clone as well as one of the new mutant trainee’s. So they may end up bonding 

Edited by iStu X
21 hours ago, iStu X said:

If they can read minds and has a phat ass you know Cyclops is going to optic blast it. 😉 

Nah, if they look like Jean he's going to cheat on or abandon them. He hooked up with Madelyn because she look like Jean. Marries her, knocks her up, and then dips out when Jean is alive. Did anyone besides Havok call him out on that bullshit? When he gets Jean back, he starts plowing Psylocke and starts frosting Emma's cakes. Where is the comic where Jean and Madelyn team up and lobotomize his ass?

270078657_10159672377177488_209069054519

Participate in the annual election of YOUR protectors of Krakoa…

the X-MEN!

Join the citizens of Krakoa in the annual election of the X-Men! Marvel's fan vote will be 100% responsible for determining the final member of this team, so choose wisely, as your choice will have an everlasting effect on the future of the X-Men and the world at large.

VOTING WILL BE OPEN FROM 9:00am EST JANUARY 10, 2022, TO 11:59pm EST JANUARY 13, 2022.

The last member of this new X-Men team is in YOUR hands! Each person can only cast one vote, so scroll down to read about each nominee and make your decision carefully by voting below!

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

description of each character in the link. Voted Surge. Of all the New X-men, Anole, Pixie, Santos, Dust have had way more time on the spotlight than Surge. I think it's her time. Firestar would be acceptable, too.

22 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I am curious about Gorgon. Description said he has other powers besides turning people into stone.

Mostly know him as a not so memorable new villain they made for Wolverine who got juiced when he was used as one of the main guy's muscle in the Secret Warriors arc Hickman did. I mostly remember just being a badass and maybe a healing factor or something.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, AriesWarlock said:

I am curious about Gorgon. Description said he has other powers besides turning people into stone.

Gorgon’s powers are his stone gaze and healing factor. He’s known for other stuff too but they’re not related to his X-Gene. For instance due to his intense training he has heightened strength, agility, stamina, dexterity, etc along with limited knowledge in the Mystic Arts and being a master in hand to hand as well as swordsmanship. 

9 minutes ago, Wellman said:

As a Black Panther fan it is crazy to see them changing the M'Baku aka Man Ape character. It is like watching the Killer Croc suddenly be given a meatier role.

I'd say Winston Duke's rising fame, Chadwick's death and Letitia fucking up is mostly responsible for this. If those things didn't happen, I doubt they'd be expanding the character this much. Word is they're grooming him to be the new BP

20 minutes ago, Wellman said:

As a Black Panther fan it is crazy to see them changing the M'Baku aka Man Ape character. It is like watching the Killer Croc suddenly be given a meatier role.

While I agree…

9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'd say Winston Duke's rising fame, Chadwick's death and Letitia fucking up is mostly responsible for this. If those things didn't happen, I doubt they'd be expanding the character this much. 

This.