Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

And I don’t plan to. 😂 I don’t like James Gunn. Guardians 1 &2 are by far my least favorite MCU movies. I had to power through both of them and regretted it

Peacemaker is absolutely nothing like those movies. Its more violence /gore/comedy roots. Closer to a troma movie without the racism ans nudity. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I’m still not going to watch it. None of the clips sold me on the show. 

Id say give the first episode a chance, i want sure i was gonna get into it and i was really surprised and enjoyed the series. Whatever your feelings about gotg is absolutely nothing like that or any marvel project

Edited by Maxx
11 minutes ago, Lantis said:

But still no new seasons? 🤔

The reasons I can come up with are:

* There isn’t going to be any and it’s simply rights reverting back. 

* They're not going to announce anything yet because they might be potential spoilers on future projects. 

* They’re still working on contracts for everyone to return 

That said, Moon Knight has worked with all of them to some extent. I can see them being hinted at or cameo’ed in Moon Knight. Especially since Marc Spector doesn’t seem to know he’s a super hero in the adaptation. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Moon Knight would be a great vehicle for doing exactly that.

I mean dont make it a vehicle for that, just it would be a good place to do that kind of stuff.

Brian Michael Bendis actually wrote Moon Knight for a bit. There’s an arc where Marc just goes completely bonkers to the point is Dissociative Identity Disorder makes him believe he’s actually the heroes he’s been working with for years. So he’s running around the city thinking he’s Wolverine in one fight, spider man in the next, captain American in another, and so on. 

I could see that coming into play too. 

Edited by iStu X
52 minutes ago, iStu X said:

That said, Moon Knight has worked with all of them to some extent. I can see them being hinted at or cameo’ed in Moon Knight. Especially since Marc Spector doesn’t seem to know he’s a super hero in the adaptation. 

Feige teased Daredevil showing up in She-Hulk. Having Matt show up as Jennifer's colleague would be amusing.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Feige teased Daredevil showing up in She-Hulk. Having Matt show up as Jennifer's colleague would be amusing.

I mean, it would make sense. Walter’s and Murdoc are both specialize in Superhero lawyers. Especially Walters. It’s the whole reason she opened her practice. 

25 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, I have no idea what the fuck they are trying to do at Sony with these characters. I hope it is better then their none Into the Spider verse stuff has been so far but I can not holding my breath.

Girl is cute though.

They want a Cinematic universe of their own but they can only use Spider-Man characters. He doesn't have a stable of characters that anyone can build a universe around. X-Men he is not. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, Hawkingbird said:

They want a Cinematic universe of their own but they can only use Spider-Man characters. He doesn't have a stable of characters that anyone can build a universe around. X-Men he is not. 

I think you can, mostly because of the multiple Spider folk via clones and Spider Verse. But I don't think the folks at Sony Pictures are wise or patient enough to do it. 

I mean they are giving Morbius a movie for goodness sake. Ain't no one asking for that.

7 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I think you can, mostly because of the multiple Spider folk via clones and Spider Verse. But I don't think the folks at Sony Pictures are wise or patient enough to do it. 

I mean they are giving Morbius a movie for goodness sake. Ain't no one asking for that.

The problem with the different spider folk is how redundant they are. Many of them have the same power set as Peter and are street level heroes like him. Most of don't really have a niche that only that character can cover. Miles is able to prosper as he has two powers exclusive to him, his cultural background makes him unique among the other spiders and he can cover the teenage Spider-Man niche while Peter can be an adult spiderman (that's when Marvel doesn't insist on Peter being a high schooler). 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The problem with the different spider folk is how redundant they are. Many of them have the same power set as Peter and are street level heroes like him. Most of don't really have a niche that only that character can cover. Miles is able to prosper as he has two powers exclusive to him, his cultural background makes him unique among the other spiders and he can cover the teenage Spider-Man niche while Peter can be an adult spiderman (that's when Marvel doesn't insist on Peter being a high schooler). 

But the themselves that is correct. But the absolute key to using the spider characters is outside of Peter, Miles and Gwen/another female spider character you shouldn't use solo. Maybe Spider Ham with the right team can carry a solo film but in general you have to do a variation bod the Marvel method, pairing up the right characters in a particular movie style they can shine in. It wouldn't be easy but it can be done.

I mean there are multiple Spider variants with Mecha or robot access or if you wanted a horror story Spiders man or one of the clone saga tales of science gone mad. You got options if you look deep enough.

6 minutes ago, Wellman said:

That would have been cool. That tournament could have used another cameo bout.

I guess it just didnt make sense timeline wise. They made drafts where deadpool would be fighting proxima midnight. But it probably would have caused alot of issues.. Taken away from. Shang chi since everyone would be too hyped for deadlool and having mutants in the mcu. But also in the timeline proxima was dead by then

Gail Simone writing a new Jessica Jones series where multiversal variants of herself help solve a mystery that spans the entire marvel multiverse 

idk why Marvel is pushing all these Multiverse titles outside of Editorial Mandate to help casuals get use to the multiverse.

There’s also a What If…? Miles Morales book out right now where each issues goes over a What If Miles because different heroes (Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk, etc) that culminates into one huge event.

Same goes for the the Across the Gwen-verse that’s happening right now. I might read the Gwen-verse one simply because I love Tim Seeley who’s penning it. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Because Multiverse is a hot topic amongst the new crop of Super Hero followers. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

idk why Marvel is pushing all these Multiverse titles outside of Editorial Mandate to help casuals get use to the multiverse.

🙃

Unfortunately Marvel comics is often caught in a reactive wave trying to hype up MCU focused ideas while pushing their own which can hopefully become such in the future.

It is not an enviable position, especially with some of bigger core titles linked to the MCU as they don't have the freedom to spin their own stories.