Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

23 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Why is that bad? My Kraven lore isn't wide, all I know is he hunts animals and Spiderman. Hip me 

Like others have said it is Morlun's back story pasted onto Kraven's (which since his most famous death in Kraven's Last Hunt, it has gotten weird and mystical anyway). But it is funny how bad but on brand that would be. I mean we all can see the Sinister Six plan is basically a low rent way of them to do their own team up movie them hanging the multiverse on it maybe their new hook aside from it being just a bad guys focused film. 

So Moon Knight had another really good episode. This is lining up to be my favorite Marvel series provided the second half matches the quality of the first.

Spoiler

Well that whole joke about killing a kid, went darker after this episode. Although it is unintentional, I like Konshu was expecting a Batman type interrogation to work. 

Also it looks like Jake will be the blood thirsty one in the personalities, I hope he gets his own suit.

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

That's pretty much everybody's main knock against Batman. In the case of Joker, I tend to agree, Batman should've been offed him

The Batman in the Titans show rectified that mistake tho. Bruce pulled up on Joker with that same crowbar he killed Jason with 😂

I think Peacemaker had a whole scene where he literally trashed Batman LOL

32 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, while we all respect the ideals, but in comics dudes like the Joker or Carnage with body counts as large as a small country are hard to justify letting them live.

I'm fine with Batman not murdering Joker but it's annoying he hasn't pulled a "But I don't have to save you" considering he's done this to other people multiple times. 

Like Bats, you don't gotta push Joker off the roof man...but you don't gotta save him from the sudden stop at the bottom either. 

I honestly think this isn an editorial problem and a not a Batman/Writer problem tho. 

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm fine with Batman not murdering Joker but it's annoying he hasn't pulled a "But I don't have to save you" considering he's done this to other people multiple times. 

Like Bats, you don't gotta push Joker off the roof man...but you don't gotta save him from the sudden stop at the bottom either. 

I honestly think this isn an editorial problem and a not a Batman/Writer problem tho. 

its absolutely editoral...almost every hero no matter how popular has a bigger body bag than bats. im almost sure superman has kille more villains than bats.

27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

its absolutely editoral...almost every hero no matter how popular has a bigger body bag than bats. im almost sure superman has kille more villains than bats.

Frankly I wish the conversation would shift from "Why won't Batman murder the dude" to "Why won't Gotham do its job?"

But I get it. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I thought this reached peak stupid in Arkham City when Batman tried to save Joker from a disease he inflicted upon himself. Everything that happened to him was his own fault. Bruce should have walked away

Times like those make Terry a better Batman

Edited by Hawkingbird
2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, while we all respect the ideals, but in comics dudes like the Joker or Carnage with body counts as large as a small country are hard to justify letting them live.

It's been close to 30 years so I can't remember the details of the beef but I think one of the villains Spiderman spared ended up hurting someone close to Darkhawk. I know it's come up with Jason Todd, but did Barbara ever say something while she was wheelchair bound? 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Frankly I wish the conversation would shift from "Why won't Batman murder the dude" to "Why won't Gotham do its job?"

But I get it. 

I think we're starting to see more of that kinda discussion in comics lately. Alot of it is the fact gotham is rooted in corruption from almost inception. That's what the court of owls is.. Old gotham old corruption from the onset. 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I thought this reached peak stupid in Arkham City when Batman tried to save Joker from a disease he inflicted upon himself. Everything that happened to him was his own fault. Bruce should have walked away

Times like those make Terry a better Batman

I was so pissed off at Paul Dini for writing that ending. Bro he leaves Talia inside the theater and carries out Joker in his arms. I so fucking hate this "Batman loves Joker" bullshit, fuck you Paul that was so stupid. 

I just played Arkham Knight and one of its' DLC gives you the choice of reviving Ra's Al Ghul or leave him to die. If you choose to restore him he escapes and kills his daughter Nyssa in the process but if you choose not to, Nyssa assumes leadership of the League of Assassins, leaves Gotham with the League, and Ra's is left to rot for what is left of his life in a cell.

So it's almost like the game rewards you for going the "non-Batman" route

Dick is definitely a more efficient Batman, but I'm still a Bruce guy because of how super flawed he is. Honestly, the thing I hate is alot of times, writers don't show the humanity in Bruce, the Battison struck a nice balance there, you got to see that even under all that vengeance, Bruce is human still truly cares about ppl

The old 90s cartoon did a great job of that too, that's probably my definite version of Bruce. That show hit all the bases of what's makes Batman Batman 

36 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Dick is definitely a more efficient Batman, but I'm still a Bruce guy because of how super flawed he is. Honestly, the thing I hate is alot of times, writers don't show the humanity in Bruce, the Battison struck a nice balance there, you got to see that even under all that vengeance, Bruce is human still truly cares about ppl

The old 90s cartoon did a great job of that too, that's probably my definite version of Bruce. That show hit all the bases of what's makes Batman Batman 

I wouldn't say he's nessisarily more efficient... Like bludhaven is often times considered a worse shit hole than gotham 

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

X-23 themed. People are upset they made her female Wolverine now

original-5-cyclops-meets-x-23-1.png

original-5-cyclops-meets-x-23-2.png

Cyclops-and-X-23-hugs-x-men-37849593-528

1463548943428.jpg

1641858680840.jpg

1648442884661.jpg

1578601244409.jpg

e080b8c66f6cfccec91e75ce5b837051.jpg

this artist Dikeruan is quite good

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtgM0W5huxS/

I am fine with Laura being Wolverine, we have had multiple versions of heroes and villains running around for decades in the major comic book canons. Her being called Wolverine is better then everything else they tried to give her besides X23 and even that wears on you as she has developed a personality and more baseline emotions, which makes the title make less sense over time.

9 hours ago, Wellman said:

I am fine with Laura being Wolverine, we have had multiple versions of heroes and villains running around for decades in the major comic book canons. Her being called Wolverine is better then everything else they tried to give her besides X23 and even that wears on you as she has developed a personality and more baseline emotions, which makes the title make less sense over time.

And I have never liked that. At least Falcon went back to being Falcon after being Captain America. In regards to Laura, I don't like her being Logan v2, and many others don't. She was growing up to be her own person. And whenever she spoke out it was usually something deep or serious. Now she growls, and says "I'm the best there is at what I do" like a regular Logan. All that character development down the toilet.

Now they gave her an adamantium skeleton who knows why, and now she can't swim. Just give her a sex change in the next resurrection and call her Logan already.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Run Laura!! You are a woman not named Jean, Cyclops is trying to bang you.

Maybe, we never found out for sure

b1984be12c4cd807facd4df895c70b1b5e3d8819

He doesn't have to try though, they come to him for that!

tumblr_ox9k78jkA31w2tgilo4_1280.jpg

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Where have people been? She’s been Wolverine for a while now. 

oh, I didn't mean to say she's only become Wolverine now. The complains have grown larger now

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Bet you majority of people complaining don't read comic books. 

Maybe not. Until very recently She-Hulk had similar complaints as her character had become a stand in for Bruce Banner since Civil War 2. I don't read the x-books but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel decided to do something similar to Laura. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Maybe not. Until very recently She-Hulk had similar complaints as her character had become a stand in for Bruce Banner since Civil War 2. I don't read the x-books but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel decided to do something similar to Laura. 

I don't think she became a stand in for Bruce. They just gave a more hulk like muscular frame and called her Hulk, but she was still Jennifer and had her own stories including her dating Thor pret recently.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Not well versed in her, but She-hulk has had periods where she's lost reason, was more savage, and used Hulk speech. It also happened to Red She-Hulk. But this time it was more pronounced and has lasted longer. It all began after an attack by Thanos that left her in a very critical state. She-hulk started deteriorating. But fans felt this stage in her life has been dragged on for too long, and now she's back to her regular self. Hopefully the same happens to Laura.

68fcc7a8fabfba0eaeea9bad9bf3c0e9._SX1280

Wish she had kept her more toned form though

empyre-1-spoilers-she-hulk-and-her-new-h

Speaking of She-hulk and Wolverine, there was a time where she wanted to hook up with Wolverine and was rejected

this-is-a-little-awkward-without-colossu

hes-tarnished-her-rep

an alternate version of She-Hulk did sleep with the Juggernaut.

Edited by AriesWarlock
4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Not well versed in her, but She-hulk has had periods where she's lost reason, was more savage, and used Hulk speech. It also happened to Red She-Hulk. But this time it was more pronounced and has lasted longer. It all began after an attack by Thanos that left her in a very critical state. She-hulk started deteriorating. But fans felt this stage in her life has been dragged on for too long, and now she's back to her regular self. Hopefully the same happens to Laura.

Avengers #20 definitely wasn't written to make it out to be a stage in her life. Jason Aaron wrote a story where Jen shitted on her classic characterization and apparently hating being the center of attention she always reveled in. It was a pretty big fuck you to regular She-Hulk.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Speaking of She-hulk and Wolverine, there was a time where she wanted to hook up with Wolverine and was rejected

this-is-a-little-awkward-without-colossu

hes-tarnished-her-rep

an alternate version of She-Hulk did sleep with the Juggernaut.

This reminds me of the MK intro where Johnny Cage chides Mileena for hooking up with Baraka and she says, with indignation. "Who told you that!?"

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Is that how the retconned Chuck Austen having Juggs and Jen bang? Cause that shit was awful. 😂

Yup. That's what Dan Slott came up with and it got addressed in his She-Hulk series. He made a story where variants of characters like to visit 616 for vacation. He used this not just to retcon Juggs and Jen but as a means retcon every possible out of character instance in the canon.