Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

She was helping the skrulls find a new home world and just doing general space stuff. That’s why she gave Fury the intergalactic pager. 

No no I get that, I kinda more meant it in a "would like to see it" kinda way. 

26 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

A new symbiote saga is on the horizon. 'Free Comic Book Day: Spider-Man/Venom' revealed a glimpse into Venom's next chapter.

280067363_10159880149272488_359205542732

I read this the other day. I’m wondering who the dude with the samurai sword and barb wire line tattoos is. At first I thought it was Lee Price but he’s been dead for while. 

im also wondering if that top left white eyes looking symbiote an actual symbiote or a bigger bad watching the fight unfold. 

On 5/9/2022 at 7:34 PM, HD-Man said:

Alot of ppl didn't seem to like Dr Strange MoM (interesting acronym considering the movie lol), but it's in my top 10 marvel movies.

Even with its flaws and clichés, I found it fun and quite action packed. Also, I found alot of villains from this phase to be lackluster, thankfully this movie didn't suffer from that at all. I give it an 8.0, just a few points shy of the upper tier 

Anyway, Where yall ranking it so far? 

I saw the movie last night, I thought it was okay. Great for a one-time theater watch.

Spoiler

The Illuminati stuff was interesting and I can understand why it was kept brief because of the multiverse theme. Zombie Strange with the spirit cloak was awesome, a shame it was short lived. I thought it was smart that the Darkhold was erased from the multiverse to never be a plot point again just like the infinity stones.

7/10 better than most of the other MCU movies from last year but doesn't hold a candle to Spiderman: No Way Home.

Edited by Jurassic

I just saw Dr Strange 2. (I dont know if the spoiler moratorium is in effect still but just in case)

Pros:

The visuals were magnificent and trippy. Almost makes me wish I smoked weed or did acid.

Liz Olsen as SW. Both heroic and villainous aspects. We cared about her. In a way, this was both a sequel to DS and Wandavision.

Christine being used throughout the film and not just the opening scene.

This is the first time that a MCU film feels like a semi-horror film with a little bit of gore and violence. Raimi excels here.

I was pleasantly surprised at the cameos. One of them and the accompanying music cue almost made me JIZZ IN MY PANTS

Cons

I was neutral on the America character. Other than the brief flashback to her moms, I didnt care for her much. 

Dialogue was a bit more cheesy in spots.

One of the "cameo" characters seems a bit miscast to me. That being said, Im not an expert on that character.

Overall:  Pretty exciting, but a hair below the first one.

7.5/10

DS1  - 8/10

7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I was referring to ...

Hide contents

Reed Richards

Spoiler

Oh, dude from the office. Funnily enough, I thought he was fantastic (hehe) as reed

He definitely had the Everyman vibe but also gave the aura of “smartest man in the room”. It was a casting I was really hoping to be false but I was genuinely surprise how well he did despite the amount of screen time he over all had. 

Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch a lot of the office? So  I don’t have him type permanently type casted as Jim from the Office in the my head

Edited by iStu X

Patton Oswalt’s Marvel Series ‘MODOK’ Canceled After One Season

GettyImages-1240077084-inset-640x480.jpg

Patton Oswalt’s Marvel stop-motion animation series MODOK has been canceled after a single, 10-episode season by streamer Hulu as the Marvel TV scene continues to contract and rearrange.

The series, which debuted in May of last year, featured Oswalt as the voice of Marvel Comics villain M.O.D.O.K., which stands for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing, Variety reported. Oswalt is also credited as the series creator, executive producer, and writer for all but one episode.

Oswalt brought in some heavy hitters as guest voices in the project, including Jon Hamm, Whoopi Goldberg, and Nathan Fillion. The series also had several high-profile comedians and actors as recurring cast members, including Melissa Fumero, Aimee Garcia, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ben Schwartz, Beck Bennett, Jon Daly, and Sam Richardson.

“This was born out of our love for Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, who created M.O.D.O.K., and we wanted to honor that while still finding a comedic slant on the character and his world,” Oswalt’s co-producer Jordan Blum said at New York’s Comic Con in 2020. “What are the mundane moments of trying to run an evil organization? Or how does a giant floating toilet relate to his rebellious children or his wife?”

The passion project failed to thrive, even with Marvel name recognition and Oswalt’s insider cred in the comic book industry (he has written for top brands such as DC Comics since the early 2000s). And even more, the comedian’s consistent left-wing virtue signaling failed to translate into robust viewership.

Yeah this is not a surprise, it was one of the Marvel TV projects from before Feige took over all of Marvel entertainment decisions. Even with the multiverse now a option for stories that don't fit the MCU, it as a project doesn't really fit their plans of MCU or nostalgia bait.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

With all the potential bad guys they flash through, including old girl from The Good Place plus Abomination, I wonder if this will wind up being their most expensive series, despite being framed as a Ally McBeal style legal drama.

The bolded section makes me wonder; why doesn't Marvel just drop the movies all together and just make everything a series?

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The bolded section makes me wonder; why doesn't Marvel just drop the movies all together and just make everything a series?

As someone who struggles to watch shows, please don't fucking do this Marvel. I still haven't watched Moonknight for example. 

Don't do this Marvel/Disney please. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

@AriesWarlock

Ram V is taking Carnage to Hel 🤘 

2B64F532-2BEC-464E-AB10-0937A3C03A16.thumb.jpeg.531b7636c8c3d16759ab65fa9d6961d2.jpeg

That looks awesome! Looks like a cool mobile wallpaper if I find a HQ version.

I am gonna check out that series. Would that be Knull? Unlikely since he wouldn't have a hell, right?

The new X-Men books have come out

Immortal X-Men #2:

Spoiler

quite a good book with Sinister finally taking action, and Hope showing her military skills.

As much as I wanted Selene in the council, they had to do her dirty. Apocalypse could change, why couldn't she?

She was doing all in X-Corp.

I have to agree with the way they took her down twice. "Respect this sacred land".

X-Men Red #2:

Spoiler

I am glad to see Abigail fail in her efforts to gain some kind of power in Arakko. Though seems like she's gonna want to take Storm of the board. Speaking off, I feel is kinda BS that Storm could beat Vulcan that easily when Adam Warlock couldn't.

New Mutants #25:

Spoiler

I suppose Illyana couldn't be  ruler of Limbo forever. But it seems they are disarming the X-Men of very powerful weapons. First Jean giving up the Phoenix, and now Illyana with her command of the forces of Limbo. And giving the throne to Madelyne? Yeah, that's like putting Mystique on the council, you know she's gonna betray you.

The artist is giving more detail to the faces, which is good. And is  making Madelyne's... attributes pop out more, which is appreciated!

52846930_3061386947220682_26265904195546 52883899_3061386960554014_91257699229604

shut up @Darc_Requiem. Just because I have brown hair doesn't mean I automatically like all red heads!

Edited by AriesWarlock
11 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I am gonna check out that series. Would that be Knull? Unlikely since he wouldn't have a hell, right?

No. It’s Malekith, lord of the dark elves 

Re Immortal X-Men: BOOM HEADSHOT! 😂

I love Hope and Exodus slowly becoming best friends

Re X-Men Red: Normally I’d agree but Vulcan’s mental state isn’t stable. That’s the only reason I see Storm beating him. Well, That, Ewing love Storm and the story dictates it lol. 

also brand is a cunt. She needs to put some respect on the queens name 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

So rumor mill is saying that Bryce Dallas Howard is in negotiations with Disney/Marvel to be the new director of the Fantastic Four movie 

I've been impressed with her work. Her episodes of the Mandalorian were some of the best in the series. Also, like @AriesWarlock, I stan for red heads.

Edit: For Aries....

Spoiler

488dd5e5f9327592f8b2623e6d503982.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem