Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Magegg said:

It says Strange will be a mentor to Peter. It will be fun to see Peter annoy Strange to teach him magic. I worry that Morlun could end up the villain of the movie and he sucks ass

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's me with Iron Man 3.....I really hated that movie.

I liked iron man 3 as a 90s action movie. I hated it as iron man.

I liked iron man 2 because i mark for rhodey and don cheadle.

Black Panther

Winter soldier

Civil war

GOTG

Homecoming

IM1

Dr. STRANGE

GOTG2

Thor 3

Those are the only ones i re watched.

I really hope spidey 3 is a mashup with into the spiderverse. And i want to see tom hardy in it

Though the slash people with tom x tom will be gross

I actually really liked venom on the second viewing. Funny af 

Edited by DrLariat
58 minutes ago, Angel said:

2 was forgettable bs, 3 was all banter but had some cool action stuff.  The ending with Pepper going full shonen protagonist was pretty cringe

Eh I didnt mind Pepper that much. Was  bit left field but was also kind of expected and predictabo, like i saw it coming so i didnt mind too much. 

Just caught up with Immortal Hulk. Well, I’m on issue 35 cause I’m reading by trades. 
Al Ewing has done such a good job with condensing the hulk mythos so it’s short, to the point but still remains informative and detailed to new readers of hulk, like yah boi is.

if you’ve ever had an inkling of wanting to dip your toe into the Hulk-verse I can’t recommend Immortal Hulk enough.

I have some errands to run when I wake up but I also picked up the trade of Tom Kings Vision mini-series. Super excited to read it.

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Just read Tom King’s run of Vision. 

so fucking good. Glad I finally got around to reading it. 

Yes, it was very very good.

Marvel should do more stand-alone stuff like this and less events/crossovers.

Comics desperately need some simplification and time to write proper stories that don't get suffocated by constant events.

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

For sure. I love all the limited run stuff a lot. 

Hickmans run of SHEILD

Saladin Ahmed’s BlackBolt mini series

things like that are great 

I don't care what they do as long as there's some sense of continuity.

So annoying to be reading a story in issue #4 when all of a sudden issue #5 has the characters in a different time, different place, and in the middle of a multi-series event.  Marvel and DC actively punish you for reading  a single series.  Not only that, but you never know when a series will simply be canceled in the middle of a storyline.  Everything about cross-overs, relaunches, and cancellations is messy and confusing.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

I don't care what they do as long as there's some sense of continuity.

So annoying to be reading a story in issue #4 when all of a sudden issue #5 has the characters in a different time, different place, and in the middle of a multi-series event.  Marvel and DC actively punish you for reading  a single series.  Not only that, but you never know when a series will simply be canceled in the middle of a storyline.  Everything about cross-overs, relaunches, and cancellations is messy and confusing.

Like I mentioned in the saloon that’s why I’ve always had time getting truly invested in DC/Marvel and why I prefer limited runs, runs from smaller prints, etc. 

way more engaging, not as many hands in the cookie jar, no constant as hell reboots or retcons, etc. 

Punisher review:

-couldn't really do a breakdown I'm just so into the series. 

-everyone's sins are their super powers

-watching a dude have a mental breakdown, forget his fake accent while gettin a blow job with a handle of henny in his hand is alot. Lmfao Netflix marvel is special aignt gonna see this shit with new mcu 

-Curtis is better than falcon

-lone wolf and daughter is great

-maidani is hot 

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The events always do big numbers. They are the only type of comics that crack 6 digits on sales charts.

Yeah, but that's because it's just sales spikes from the same group of people that always read their comics anyway.

I worry about when the readership ages more than it already has.  Chasing short term gains with all the events/existing continuity/hardcore fans at the expense of all the new readers and younger people they could be getting.  Success of MCU is gonna be squandered at this point in terms of growing comic readership.

The issue with main stream marvel and Dc

comics right now is they’re afraid of creating legitimate new characters. All we get is recasts of mantels or a reboot or a palette swap. (That said about the reboot I **love** Hickmans X-Verse run right now. It’s been my favorite run I’ve stayed current with since original Civil War)

also a lot of modern marvel/Dc just rehash the same stories over and over and over but with “twists” or “surprises” sprinkled throughout. 

also “writing for the trade” is another huge issue and has been for a while. You shouldn’t leave every 3-5 issues on a  cliff hanger. It’s gross. I know a lot of great writers who do it but they do it well and not in an insulting way. Kirkman and Hickman come to mind.

Edited by iStu X
34 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Yeah, but that's because it's just sales spikes from the same group of people that always read their comics anyway.

I worry about when the readership ages more than it already has.  Chasing short term gains with all the events/existing continuity/hardcore fans at the expense of all the new readers and younger people they could be getting.  Success of MCU is gonna be squandered at this point in terms of growing comic readership.

They will not get younger people following the traditional model. It isn't helped that the core audience for comics are boomers who are resistant to change. If Marvel and DC wants new and younger readers their books need to hit different markets. They need OGNs they can sell directly to book stores, not delay the release of digital comics (DC had experimented with digital first comics a few years back) and Marvel's deal with Scholastic will expose their characters to young children. The future of comics isn't the direct market.  

I mean, Wolverine and Jean have booty calls, Storm still feels for T'challa, and this is going to happen now?!?

123134790_10158700066942488_931038435819

A new UK-based Super Hero team make their highly-anticipated debut in "The Union"!

The new series by writer Paul Grist (Judge Dredd, Jack Staff) and artist Andrea Di Vito (ANNIHILATION) will spin directly out of the events of KING IN BLACK and will introduce exciting new Super Heroes to the Marvel Universe. In addition to Union Jack, fans will soon meet another one of Britain’s most legendary heroes, the mighty Britannia. Joining them will be the Choir, a living weapon with sonic abilities, the ancient water demon known as Kelpie, and Snakes, the mysterious telepath and muscle of the team. Celebrate the Union’s grand premiere with some amazing variant covers coming your way courtesy of Marvel’s top artists and a special variant cover by series writer Paul Grist!

union2020001_pacheco.jpg

union2020001_lupacchino.jpg

union2020001_grist.jpg

"I'm guessing Kelpie is Scottish (Scottish folklore), Snakes is Northern Ireland (St. Patrick driving out the Pagans), Britannia is England (Kind of the head of the UK), and Choir/Skreem is Wales (Bad play on words)"

Maybe any Ukanian here can tell me how accurate is that ^

First Look: The Prequel to ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’

Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca present ‘Uncanny X-Men #140.5,’ the prelude chapter to the famous X-event.

Almost forty years after Kate Pryde and the future X-Men took on a world overrun by Sentinels, the prequel chapter from dystopian epic “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is now being told. One of the most famous and acclaimed events in Marvel canon, this storyline followed a team of surviving mutants clinging to hope where there was little to be found.

The event’s original co-creator and writer Chris Claremont teams with legendary artist Salvador Larroca to fill in some important blanks from the X-Men’s war-torn future, covered in an all-new 20-page story that you can preview here.

uncxfv2020140_cover.jpg

Spoiler

full_bundle_-_1_variant_2_lithos_slipcas

uncxfv2020140_page_1.jpg

uncxfv2020140_page_2.jpg

uncxfv2020140_page_3.jpg

uncxfv2020140_page_4.jpg

uncxfv2020140_page_5.jpg

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/first-look-the-prequel-to-x-men-days-of-future-past