Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

I thought She-Hulk was okay. Not the worst thing ever like some people are claiming but not the best thing since slice bread either. I echo @HD-Man's opinion on the CGI. It's much better than the trailers. The trailers had her looking like Citizen Steel in Legends of Tomorrow. While I'm not a fan of how she got her abilities it's not the shit show it could of been given the subsequent explanation from Bruce/Hulk.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Marvel announces ‘The Sins of Sinister’ X-Men crossover event

rscb1-1&ssl=1&w=1920

Marvel Comics sent out an S.O.S. last Friday, and now we know what that teaser was all about. It was none other than a Mr. Sinister crossover event announcement!

The text and graphic are certainly sinister as they suggest the crossover will be about a future “Sinister wants.” Very little is known so far, but expect this new crossover story to kick off sometime in January 2023. Given what we do know, could this crossover somehow tie into the “Destiny of X” era as it’ll explore a possible future?

Check out the text that comes with the teaser below.

ENTER NOW…THE SINS OF SINISTER

A New World. A New Disaster. Mister Sinister’s plans come to fruition beyond his wildest dreams…AND his darkest nightmares. Can the X-Men survive the experience? Can anyone? Discover how twisted mutantkind becomes when Mister Sinister achieves victory in SINS OF SINISTER, a new crossover coming to the X-Men.

They are really putting him on the spotlight hard.

Me and my sister needed some movies to watch so I suggested we watch the MCU from start to finish in release order. We watched a few movies but never the Iron Mans, Thors, and just felt like we missed a lot. I wish I could’ve done this sooner. A lot of these movies I avoided turned out to be movies I would’ve enjoyed. And outside of a few, she’s been greatly enjoying them as well.

We just watched Infinity War and to say the ending left her distraught would be an understatement. She was pretty much like this.

Sad Happy Hour GIF

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

We just watched Infinity War and to say the ending left her distraught would be an understatement. She was pretty much like this.

I was legit the opposite. There were people legit crying in the theater I saw it in while I couldn’t stop laughing at everyone crying 

im mean. 😂

that and I knew their deaths literally did not matter and would not matter because comics 

Edited by iStu X

@iStu X Even though we’ve started a week ago, same My sister doesn’t know anything about comics and didn’t watch any of the Marvel cartoons unlike DC, so this is her only exposure to any of these characters. Other than the Guardians and Spider-Man, she legit doesn’t know who will come back to life. 

When she saw the “Thanos will return.”, she broke down and said “Of course he will! He’s the only nigga left!”. Suffice to say, I’m very excited to see her reactions to the upcoming movies.

Me and my sister are still marathoning the MCU.  We finally got around to watching Endgame last week. She wasn’t distraught like she was after Infinity War. She already spoiled herself on Tony’s and Natasha’s deaths (The former because we already watched Far From Home and the latter because she would always come in on BW’s death scene whenever I watched it) and seeing all the heroes come back made her cheer (Especially her boy, Bucky). She was sad when Steve turned into Joe Biden though. Before we started, she thought she would hate Captain America and find it boring. Now they are some of her favorite movies in the MCU and she loves Steve. All in all, she loved Endgame.

Now we have started Phase 4 which except for watching No Way Home, is uncharted waters for the both of us. Going by release order still, so we watched WandaVision. I put it off until I watched everything, so I missed the initial hype. But I can see why everyone loved it. We had fun trying to guess which show they were parodying each episode and trying to figure out what the commercials meant. She liked Vision in earlier appearances, but this made her straight up love him. She’s a certified Vishawn simp now.

D0BAAB2C-9884-46E8-9538-5A400CFB4FDB.jpg

My one problem with it is that I feel that Wanda got off to easy for what she did. I’m not asking her to die and I do find her sympathetic, but I felt something needed to happen after knowingly mind raping a whole town. I also wonder if they’ll ever follow up on White Vision just being out in the world. Other than those, we both thought it was fantastic. 9/10

We started Falcon and the Winter Soldier immediately after. We both find it amazing so far. My sister thinks she will prefer WandaVision overall, but she likes how action-packed this has been. I myself like how nuanced some of the topics are and how they would discuss things they never would in the movies like Isaiah. 

One thing we find ourselves disagreeing on is John Walker. More accurately, the circumstances around his murder of the terrorist in episode 4. We both agree he shouldn’t be Captain America after that. But she feels that John is nuts, unredeemable, and worse than what Wanda did in her show. While I thought it was horrible, I thought it was justified because the pressure of being Captain America and having his best friend die made him do something he probably wouldn’t do. We’re on the last episode now so I hope this ends up strong.

Also Zemo is the best character in the show. Glad they brought him back.

Marvel Studios Dancing GIF by Disney+

Marvel’s up for D23. 

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has the rest of the world trying to get Wakanda's resources as they are at their weakest after T'Challa's death. Exclusive clip had a lot of Namor footage, including fighting M'Baku.

Ryan Coogler is exec producing Ironheart. It will explore the battle between magic and science. Anthony Ramos is casted as The Hood.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania directly links to Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Exclusive footage shows Scott Lang having to do a heist in the Quantum realm for Kang or else he won't get Cassie back.

Armor Wars is set right after Secret Invasion and begins filming next year. Stars Don Cheadle as War Machine.

Loki season 2 has been shown off in an exclusive clip. Included a lot of Kang. Ke Huy Quan (Goonies, Everything Everywhere at Once) plays a TVA employee.

Fantastic Four is confirmed to be directed by Matt Shakman. No other info has been announced. 

Echo has wrapped up filming. Vincent D’Onofrio returns as Kingpin in ‘ECHO’ with a bandage over his eye.

Daredevil: Born Again begins filming next year. Will have 18 episodes.

Captain America: New World Order is described as a paranoid thriller. Carl Lumby returns as Isaiah Bradley. Danny Rameriez returns as Joaquin Torres and will be the new Falcon. Shira Haas has been casted as Sabra. Tim Blake Nelson returns as The Leader and will be the main villain in the film. This is The Leader's first appearance in the MCU since The Incredible Hulk 14 years ago.

Thunderbolts begins filming next year. Yelena, Bucky, Red Guardian, US Agent, Ghost, Taskmaster and Valentina Allegra de Fontaine are the team. 

FcUUwLZXwAAj5hS?format=jpg&name=large

The Marvels concludes Marvel's panel with an exclusive clip. Focuses on 3 heroes (Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Monica Rambeau) who keep trading places everytime they use their powers. Brie Larson, Iman Vellani, and Teyonah Parris returns. Goose the Cat returns.

Spoiler

Edited by BornWinner
7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Armor Wars is set right after Secret Invasion and begins filming next year. Stars Don Cheadle as War Machine.

This is honestly the series I am most excited for. War Machine was severely underused in the Infinity Saga. This is a good consolation prize. 

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Captain America: New World Order is described as a paranoid thriller. Carl Lumby returns as Isaiah Bradley. Danny Rameriez returns as Joaquin Torres and will be the new Falcon. Shira Haas has been casted as Sabra. Tim Blake Nelson returns as The Leader and will be the main villain in the film. This is The Leader's first appearance in the MCU since The Incredible Hulk 14 years ago.

This is the second most promising thing. Personally, The Falcon and Winter Soldier was my favorite of the MCU shows. Seeing how they push things forward will be interesting. 

Regarding the narratives, I honestly appreciate how Disney is allowing the writing team to just lean into the stories. She-Hulk calling out the BS mid-show has been glorious. 

The worst thing about the current state of things is that you won't be able to put any of it in your home library. 

12 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I was interested in Thunderbolts but that sounds like the weakest team . Missed a chance to put someone like Songbird or Moonstone in it.

306323525_8217663788306869_7086739788113

Yeahhhhh true  it would have been cool to see how they handled them in the MCU . I'm only going to give this a chance because of Bucky and Red guardian. I dont know bout you guys but i personally think Red Guardian was the best thing in Black Widow movie.

I'm realllllly surprised that after the whole set up throughout recent media,there's absolutely NOTHING planned for the Young Avengers.....they've already introduced Kate Bishop,Ms Marvel ,Vison and the twins who could potentially become Wiccan and Speed. Hell technically even Iron Lad is here if you know what i mean.

36 minutes ago, Counterstrike said:

I'm realllllly surprised that after the whole set up throughout recent media,there's absolutely NOTHING planned for the Young Avengers.....they've already introduced Kate Bishop,Ms Marvel ,Vison and the twins who could potentially become Wiccan and Speed. Hell technically even Iron Lad is here if you know what i mean.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier gave us Patriot. The original crew is all accounted for in the MCU

6 hours ago, Jurassic said:

It makes me wonder if they will continue to use a male stunt double when masked up.

Probably but the actress they got for the role is supposed to be a big deal so she probably will have more of a legit speaking part... one would hope they learned not to waste talent like they have in the past.

Edit: I too am disappointed they did not get one of the comic OG Thunderbolts like Moonstone, Atlas or Songbird, all had great character development during their times with the group and have awesome powers. Even if Atlas is just Ant-Man's current power set.

Edited by Wellman