Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

On 10/13/2022 at 7:19 PM, BornWinner said:

I personally am not a fan of this if true. Don't mind Harrison Ford stepping into the MCU but they barely did anything with General Ross to begin with outside of the Hulk film, and honestly unless they are making him Red Hulk it doesn't seem worth the effort to reintroduce him played by someone else. The Marvel universe has dozens of government/military/bureaucratic folks you can use in place of him.

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Should've just reused the guy who played Ross in 2003 Hulk. I'm sure he'd have done it

And just now catching up on She Hulk, the chemistry between Daredevil and She Hulk is excellent. Doesn't seem to be the same Matt from the Netflix series, could still be but I'm not sure 

Sam Elliot? It's weird for me to see that dude without a cowboy hat. He even played the old cowboy Ghost Rider in the Nicholas Cage movie.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sam Elliot? It's weird for me to see that dude without a cowboy hat. He even played the old cowboy Ghost Rider in the Nicholas Cage movie.

Yes, him. He was Ross in the Ang Lee movie. And I deadass forgot he was in Ghost Rider, it's been forever since I've seen it. Hated what they did to Blackheart in that 🤦🏾‍♂️

31 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yes, him. He was Ross in the Ang Lee movie. And I deadass forgot he was in Ghost Rider, it's been forever since I've seen it. Hated what they did to Blackheart in that 🤦🏾‍♂️

I don't know what you are talking about. Blackheart wasn't in that movie. The kid from American Beauty was just off his meds.

Marvel Reveals Its 2023 Free Comic Book Day Titles

Learn about the four Free Comic Book Day Titles coming to your local comic shop on May 6!

For next year’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY, Marvel Comics will have something for every fan, with four separate titles packed with exciting entry points into the Marvel Comics mythos!

In addition to lead-in stories to the biggest comic book sagas of 2023, including FALL OF X and SUMMER OF SYMBIOTES, 2023’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY titles will also spotlight creators and characters from different cultures, communities, and identities and provide the perfect first comic for new readers! 

fcbdavenxmen2023_cover-resized2.jpg

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 features a pair of all-new stories that set the stage for the next evolution in mutant adventures, FALL OF X, and introduces an uncanny new lineup for a new team book launching next year. Plus, a preview of Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti’s upcoming mystery project. 

fcbdasmven2023_cover-resized.jpg

fcbdmarvoices2023001_cover-resized-again

fcbd_smaf_cover.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 6:37 PM, HD-Man said:

Me waiting on the internet to implode when they see who Marvel cast as Wonder Man 

michael jackson smile GIF

They shouldn't be mad. They should be sad. It's never been more obvious the most people give zero fucks about existing black characters. We getting D Tier hand me down swaps now. We not even getting table scraps anymore we getting the family dogs left overs. Ah, why I actually came back to the thread.....

6 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I really want to see someone try and bring Wonderman to film because I always thought he was a goober and the worst character in 90s Avenger comics.  I remember him trying to balance being an Avenger and movie star.  🙃

If they wanted a D-Tier level Avenger that was black, they could have picked up Rage off the scrap heap. I mean the rationale for swaps previously was "the characters are well known". You can't say that for Wonderman. The most notable thing I remember about him is DC suing Marvel over his name.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If they wanted a D-Tier level Avenger that was black, they could have picked up Rage off the scrap heap. I mean the rationale for swaps previously was "the characters are well known". You can't say that for Wonderman. The most notable thing I remember about him is DC suing Marvel over his name.

Also he wears sunglasses. BIG sunglasses.

At the time of X-Men TAS premiere, I thought the same thing since I started with X-Men vol. 2 and Morph wasnt in any of the X-Men books.

In Age of Apocalypse, they added him but with a whole new look. I remember  the x office posted a pic of him in his old form in their monthly update page and then I learned that he was a character from the 1960s called Changeling. His name was changed to Morph due to a legal dispute with DC over a character of theirs named Changeling.

He was originally a villain but then took Xavier's place  during a storyline after finding out he was dying.  

I don't plan to watch Wakanda Forever. With the exception of Spiderman, IMO the past 1 1/2 years of MCU movies have not been worth watching in theaters. The trailers make this movie look too busy even for 2.5+ hours of runtime. The only MCU movies I am looking forward to next year is Guardians of the Galaxy and Blade.

Edited by Jurassic