Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

First up, Marvel Snap is really good and addictive! 

Second that BP2 story for Chadwick sounds like a great story.  Although I wonder if it would have worked as well given the time frame of the Blip and such the kid would have had to have been still a pre teen even if they said Nakia had them before the Blip.

I just finished She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.

Pros:

The casting of Tatiana as Jen. she is likable and quirky but good when serious as well. Most of the others are decent.

Humor and fourth wall breaking.

Matt/Wong/Hulk parts were among the best even if they were somewhat limited.

Misc:

The special effects are just ok.

It felt so random to see "Larry" from Perfect Strangers as Jen's dad.

Cons:

Lack of extended action scenes. For a character who is so strong, I would have liked to see more action scenes and ones where the outcome is not so easily anticipated. 

Limited tension or stakes.   With this show, it seems that every time a conflict arises, it gets resolved easily with minimal time or effort.

She gets fired from her job. Next episode, she gets a new one.

She is sued by Titania. By next ep, it is resolved in Jen's favor.

Blonsky is disappearing from the cell. She finds it is due to Wong. He readily helps her by testifying without any pulling. 

Ep 8 seems like it will change this, but they literally pull a deus ex machina and resolve everything near perfectly without any significant fallout.

She never gets any resolution with Josh despite it being shown to the viewers that he was working  to steal her blood and bug her phone.

The 25-30 min runtime needs to be expanded or more episodes should have been made. The last episode clearly shows they didnt have enough time to resolve everything so they had to resort to the "Kevin" bit. Hulk and son thing does not deserve to be just shoe horned in 5 seconds in the last episode.

Overall: 7/10 

Tatiana's charm and some of the side characters make it light breezy fun, but sometimes it can be too "fluffy".

Get better villains/action and have more drama in there.

@DangerousJThat's higher than I'd go. Initially, I was would have similar score but as the series dragged on. The worse it got. Which I thought was waste not only because I like the IP, but they have strong talent on the cast. Tatiana goes without saying but Josh Segarra is damned good actor too. Too much talent on that show for it to be mediocre. I'll never get over the fact that the lead writer came out and said they weren't adept at writing court scenes......your lead character is a lawyer....that is sort of important. That is the most facepalm Marvel thing since Iron Fist season 1's similar treatment of fight choreography.

TLDR: She-Hulk was a bit of shit show but Tatiana's a strong lead. With out her.....the show would have been a total slog. 

Jason Aaron’s reign of terror is over. Jed MacKay is taking over Avengers in May. I’m so excited for Jed MacKay taking over the title. His Doctor Strange stuff has been good, his Black Cat and Mary Jane comic is great, his moon knight run will likely go hand-in-hand with Jeff Lemeire’s run as THE definitive runs for the character. 

Man I’m excited. 

6C83F46B-8B2E-4B9B-8227-01CC9D2210F4.jpeg

Edited by iStu X

Participate in the annual election of YOUR protectors of Krakoa…

the X-MEN!

Join the citizens of Krakoa in the annual election of the X-Men! Marvel's fan vote will be 100% responsible for determining the final member of this team, so choose wisely, as your choice will have an everlasting effect on the future of the X-Men and the world at large.

VOTING WILL BE OPEN FROM 9:00am EST JANUARY 31, 2023, TO 11:59pm EST FEBRUARY 3, 2023.

The last member of this new X-Men team is in YOUR hands! Each person can only cast one vote, so scroll down to read about each nominee and make your decision carefully by voting below!

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

XMEN_ELECTION-02-1920x1080.jpg

I want to see Frenzy, Juggernaut and Dazzler make it.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

323094736_505029495079689_55039188865511

You know that's an old panel. Is Carol even allowed to have cake anymore. Edit: No that was not meant as a Brie Larsen joke. So the pun about no buns was not intended.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

328624102_569269811912481_24190126553228

I'm out of the loop, I only recognize three of them. Logan, Laura, and Daken

Edited by Darc_Requiem