Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

I just got done reading the X-Men issues of Empyre and I’m Pretty sure Hickman and/or Tini Howard absolutely love Magik. She’s consistently had some of the best panels in the new x-titles she’s been featured in.

Since they brought her back as a teenage demon after curing the Legacy virus in some storyline, I want to say the non Morrison, New X-Men: Academy X run where the school kids are sent to hell, creators have loved her. She is attractive, has a diverse power set and allows for brutal put downs.

4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Since they brought her back as a teenage demon after curing the Legacy virus in some storyline, I want to say the non Morrison, New X-Men: Academy X run where the school kids are sent to hell, creators have loved her. She is attractive, has a diverse power set and allows for brutal put downs.

I heard she’s a teacher in Strange Academy by Skotti Young. I definitely wanna read it at some point. I’ve been a huge fan of Skotti for about 10 years. 

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

I just got done reading the X-Men issues of Empyre and I’m Pretty sure Hickman and/or Tini Howard absolutely love Magik. She’s consistently had some of the best panels in the new x-titles she’s been featured in.

X-Men Empyre was very cool all around. I liked seeing the telepaths coming out to battle - mostly bad guys lol: Exodus, Mr. Sinister. Selene!!! I want to see more of her.

I think it's certain they love her and she isn't going anywhere anytime soon. She's even in one of those upcoming homage covers

27_comic02.jpg

She had some of the best moments in X-men Empyre no doubt. I like how much she swears lol. And her new demon form is hella sexy. 😄

5qbDkDEOh-SwQ_TB3gM0Tq4KyZSUcA3ql2GTj91f

15 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

X-Men Empyre was very cool all around. I liked seeing the telepaths coming out to battle - mostly bad guys lol: Exodus, Mr. Sinister. Selene!!! I want to see more of her.

What blew my mind was when the telepaths squaded up to genosha that, Shadow King was among them. 

also, I love that last panel with nightcrawler. Shit had me dying

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I'd love to get back in with a good X Men story tho. I might have to check this out. 

Read the House/Power of X mini series and then go from there. Even though the trades a little behind I recommend reading all the follow up titles by trade. They’re called Dawn of X. They put all the issues of the follow up titles in chronological order 

Edited by iStu X

I’ve been reading a lot of old x-men runs and major events over the last week or so. I just read the Extended Anniversary Edition of “God Loves, Man Kills”. I had never read this Claremont run before. 

holy shit. Super, super good. As well as unfortunately still very relevant in what’s going on in our world today. 

I’ll probably pick up some of the Claremont X-men master work volumes off comixology when I get paid next month or at the latest January after holidays is all said and done. 

if anyone has any other X-related runs they’d recommend feel free to shout em. I’m really wanting to learn more about New Mutants in particular

Edited by iStu X

Sticking to New Mutants adjacent

The  New X Men: Academy X by Kyle and Yost

Cable and Deadpool by Nicieza

Mike Carey's X-Men Legacy run

Bendis Uncanny X Men, which has its ups and downs but is easily some of his best non Spider-Man, Daredevil, Jessica Jones related or Ultimate Marvel work.

Someone leaked the Disney+ Sizzle reel for investors. The video is to be made public on Dec 10th. One of the biggest takeaways from it is that Black Widow will be on Disney+ April 16th. 

Related but unrelated Disney+ will have what’s called Disney 18+ Which will gave all rated R content. 

Here is a link to said video 

14 hours ago, iStu X said:

Someone leaked the Disney+ Sizzle reel for investors. The video is to be made public on Dec 10th. One of the biggest takeaways from it is that Black Widow will be on Disney+ April 16th. 

Related but unrelated Disney+ will have what’s called Disney 18+ Which will gave all rated R content. 

Here is a link to said video 

Disney 18+ is terrible news for Hulu.

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Shea a prowrestlers for aew now. I saw this pop up and had no idea she even wrestled lol thought she was like a fitness chick who does cosplay 

Yeah she "broke" Brandi Rhodes arm last week. She's tall man, I didn't realize she played college basketball until I tried to look up who she was. She's 5'10 and Storm is 5'11. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF fam. I'm in the unpopular recast T'Challa contingent but I was still seeing BP2 asap. Brits are just as stupid as we are apparently.

Side note: If this situation happened with Batman or Superman. There would be a recast. Young brothers finally had a mainstream hero of their own. That shouldn't be taken away.

Had he died in any other way he would have been replaced. But the man was secretly filming all these inspirational movies while having cancer. That's why it's so difficult to replace him atm. This isnt a heath ledger I'm on drugs situation. Dude basically was the embodiment of a super hero. In my opinion it'd be tough to live up to that. 

It would be, but life is full of hard decisions and recasting T'Challa would be the right move to make. 

Chadwick would not want to see his hard work turn to dust because we are too busy idolozing him. 

Continuing where he left off and continuing to push his message. And what he stood for would be the truest way to honor him. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

It would be, but life is full of hard decisions and recasting T'Challa would be the right move to make. 

Chadwick would not want to see his hard work turn to dust because we are too busy idolozing him. 

Im not gonna say what is or isn't a right move. Because this has never happened in our modern Era of superhero shit. But i will say is if shuri keeps this up it won't matter and Disney will be forced to do it. Unless they do a killmonger run back with him in a vegeta redemption angle. I know their were talks a year after panther came out he was gonna gonna come back. 

I have yet to see a convincing argument for how letting this character be sidelined due to adoration would be the correct move. Super Hero's have been recast and it's been fine. They recast T'Challa and it won't be an insult to Chadwick. I don't really see the point in not doing so. 

Shuri gonna get her ass recast to if she don't shut the hell up lol, but that's a different subject really. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I have yet to see a convincing argument for how letting this character be sidelined due to adoration would be the correct move. Super Hero's have been recast and it's been fine. They recast T'Challa and it won't be an insult to Chadwick. I don't really see the point in not doing so. 

Shuri gonna get her ass recast to if she don't shut the hell up lol, but that's a different subject really. 

Because Chadwick became an icon to a people. No other actor can really say that. It's not just black panther that did this for black people but also Chadwick. Especially in this time we live in where black oekpocan arguably be seen in a second Civil rights type era/blm era. It's a sensitive subject and any moves will have huge ripple affects. The movie did alot for black people and talked to them specifically in a way I've never seen a movie that wasn't some slave movie do. 

I just don't think Disney is gonna recast him right now. I just don't see it happening atm, maybe years down the line and they fuck with the comic Canon for it to make sense. 

Which is exactly why he should be recast and we should be continuing his hard work and moving forward. Instead we stalling out and wasting all his hard effort because we are too busy turning him into an idol. 

He worked hard to get BP on the big screen. To not capitalize on it and continue is to ignore all the work he put in to get a hero on the screen that talks to you guys in the way you saw. We are wasting his efforts by making him the only holder of the Mantel. 

I think its disrespectful honestly. He wouldn't want this. He didn't work his ass off while sick for the character to stall out after one movie. 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Which is exactly why he should be recast and we should be continuing his hard work and moving forward. Instead we stalling out and wasting all his hard effort because we are too busy turning him into an idol. 

He worked hard to get BP on the big screen. To not capitalize on it and continue is to ignore all the work he put in to get a hero on the screen that talks to you guys in the way you saw. We are wasting his efforts by making him the only holder of the Mantel. 

I think its disrespectful honestly. He wouldn't want this. He didn't work his ass off while sick for the character to stall out after one movie. 

I don't know what he would have wanted. I don't speak in that way. He's not alive to speak on that and the legacy. It's disingenuous to assume we know how he wanted his legacy to live. 

8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Controversial statement: Have MBaku become the new BP through some elaborate means which could be the plot of BP 2. He helped tchalla in bp and Avengers and he fought for the panther role so it wouldn't be out of character.

He's not open minded at all. He is 1000% pro wakanda fuck the outside world. Killmonger grew up in the states. I think it's less of a realistic jump to have him be more acceptable as a character to go face and be BP if they went that route. We didn't see a body and we never got to the point where we had t'challa see him with the ancestors. 

All reports have been Atlantis is supposed to play a part. So it's easy to have Atlantis save his body and he rehabilitates and saves wakanda from an impending Atlantis attack. Namor is very much like killmonger in his line of thinking. 

36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I just think its plainly obvious. 🤷‍♂️

I rather not assume with a dead man's wishes. 

But their is a way to have a happy medium. In the case shuri truly fucks herself out of a job which I don't see. 

So in the flash TV show they wrote Barry Allen as basically wally west and gave him all of wallys villains and story lines. You can do this with killmonger. 

It would give you some good creative leeway to watch him grow into the role. He's very much bps equal in ever way and comic wise I believe he's always been a better fighter. T'challa did develop any of the storylines from the comics yet so you give them to mjb without trampling on Chadwicks image or Legacy