Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

On 5/14/2023 at 5:37 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Given the way his powers work, it's probably easy for him to only focus on woman with interest in him. 

All his other senses are heightened, especially his game!   We need a definitive Super Hero player list, because there are a few heroes that straight up slay. 

Off the top of my head:

Wolverine

Black Panther

Hercules

Tony Stark

Daredevil

Archangel 

Gambit

Magneto

I remember all of these characters piping a ton of broads, I think Hercules is the worst one about it though.

Edited by J-ride

I saw Ant-Man 3 last night on Disney Plus.

Pros:

Majors' performance as Kang and his costume

The design of the quantum realm and all its citizens

Janet being a badass and  leading the charge

Cons

Hope being in the background for most of it.

Modok without mask came off too lighthearted. His face should have looked more "Evil" . Also, he shouldnt have had a "heroic" turn at the end. One of the other denizens should have helped. You could tell Scott didnt want to say that "avenger" bit to Darren.

The Cassie actress was serviceable, but I liked the one in Endgame. I missed seeing Luis, Scott's ex wife etc in the film.

Overall: Solid , but nothing special

7/10

From what I heard previously, the second and third movie were made concurrent like Infinity War and Endgame, so hopefully they keep everything going at a similar quality. Of the films done this way either both are bad to meh (The Matrix 2&3 or more recent the last two Halloween films) or good to great. I can't think of many in-between where one is bad and the other good.

On 6/11/2023 at 3:00 AM, HD-Man said:

Feige probably having a stroke, yet another incident which will probably lead to a recast

Honestly the writers strike came at the perfect time for Marvel. They can basically put all their projects not already done or mostly completed on chill while they rework stuff. Hope none of the accusations are true but shit investigating takes a while with these things 

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1668643792247832576?s=20

Deadpool 3 release shifted to May 3,2024!

EDIT: A whole bunch of MCU Release date changes (due to the Writer's Guild strike If I had to guess...)

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/537349-disney-release-date-shake-up-for-marvel-star-wars-and-avatar-movies

In terms of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, there have been quite a few changes. Captain America: Brave New World has been moved back nearly three months from May 3, 2024 to July 26, 2024, while Thunderbolts has had its July 26, 2024 premiere date changed to December 20, 2024. Blade has once more been moved as well, this time from September 6, 2024 to February 14, 2025.

Deadpool 3 has been moved ahead, as the November 8, 2024 release date has been swapped to May 3, 2024. Fantastic 4 was delayed from February 14, 2025 to May 2, 2025, with both Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars also facing delays. Avengers: The Kang Dynasty was pushed back a year from May, 2, 2025 to May 1, 2026 while Avengers: Secret Wars was similarly changed from May 1, 2026 to May 7, 2027.

Edited by DangerousJ