Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I rather not assume with a dead man's wishes. 

But their is a way to have a happy medium. In the case shuri truly fucks herself out of a job which I don't see. 

So in the flash TV show they wrote Barry Allen as basically wally west and gave him all of wallys villains and story lines. You can do this with killmonger. 

It would give you some good creative leeway to watch him grow into the role. He's very much bps equal in ever way and comic wise I believe he's always been a better fighter. T'challa did develop any of the storylines from the comics yet so you give them to mjb without trampling on Chadwicks image or Legacy 

The Flash sucks tho. The show i mean. Its not good. Not a very good example man. 

27 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The Flash sucks tho. The show i mean. Its not good. Not a very good example man. 

Yet it does great in the ratings. So they are doing something right. Alot of its issues are the characters interaction and how they write Barry. Not the plots or archs themselves. They just write Barry weird

Edited by Maxx

The Flash has good ratings....for CW. Shows can get by with far lower ratings on CW. Supergirl on CBS had averaged 7.68 million viewers per episode. Supergirl's best season for ratings on CW averaged 2.3 million viewers an episode. It's last season only did 837k an episode. Keep in mind that CBS was going to cancel Supergirl for low ratings.  For point of reference, Flash's best season (1) for ratings averaged 3.84 million an episode. Last season averaged 1.26 million.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Flash has good ratings....for CW. Shows can get by with far lower ratings on CW. Supergirl on CBS had averaged 7.68 million viewers per episode. Supergirl's best season for ratings on CW averaged 2.3 million viewers an episode. It's last season only did 837k an episode. Keep in mind that CBS was going to cancel Supergirl for low ratings.  For point of reference, Flash's best season (1) for ratings averaged 3.84 million an episode. Last season averaged 1.26 million.

CBS is the old people and stupid sitcoms. It was never gonna work there. It was so diff from its normal audience 

54 minutes ago, Maxx said:

CBS is the old people and stupid sitcoms. It was never gonna work there. It was so diff from its normal audience 

Yet the average episode at CBS averaged more viewers per episode than the combined number of the entire Arrowverse lineup. The lowest viewed Supergirl episode on CBS had 6 million viewers. It Nate Robinson's the Arrowverse on it's own. 

1 minute ago, Wellman said:

Given everything I honestly can't see how they don't re cast the role or scrap the plans of future Black Panther films.

There going to be some recasting or some shenanigans to reassign who the Black Panther is supposed to be.

There room in the Black Panther mythos for someone else to take the mantel, and it does not has to be a family member of T'Challa. 

18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yet the average episode at CBS averaged more viewers per episode than the combined number of the entire Arrowverse lineup. The lowest viewed Supergirl episode on CBS had 6 million viewers. It Nate Robinson's the Arrowverse on it's own. 

Nah supergirl had nothing to do with what ended up going down with the arrow verse. By the time they did the switch the arrow verse was already a bunch of years in. Arrowverse was winding down. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Nah supergirl had nothing to do with what ended up going down with the arrow verse. By the time they did the switch the arrow verse was already a bunch of years in. Arrowverse was winding down. 

I never said it did. I said that The Flash's ratings were only good by CW standards and used Supergirl's, low by CBS standards, ratings to show this.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I never said it did. I said that The Flash's ratings were only good by CW standards and used Supergirl's, low by CBS standards, ratings to show this.

You said it Nate Robinsoned the arrowverse. I read it as it got them shut down. 

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

You said it Nate Robinsoned the arrowverse. I read it as it got them shut down. 

Okay I see the confusion. My point was to show how low CW ratings are by comparing the lowest CBS Supergirl episode, 6 million views, to the enter Arrowverse lineup which couldn't top that number. i.e. CW ratings aren't that high.

Edit: 4.4 million is he combined average viewership of Flash, Legends, Supergirl, Batwoman, and Black Lighting. Hence the "Nate Robinson'd the entire lineup comment"

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I really don’t like all these returning stars. Everyone is like “omg this is awesome!” because nostalgia. But it just comes off as overbooked non-sense. 

Also the vile stench of Sony is all over this. They’ve been given a few inches thanks to spider-verse and getting cozy with Marvel but god damn it feels like they’re going to take few miles by doing this 

doesn’t sit right with me. 

Edited by iStu X
13 hours ago, iStu X said:

I really don’t like all these returning stars. Everyone is like “omg this is awesome!” because nostalgia. But it just comes off as overbooked non-sense. 

Also the vile stench of Sony is all over this. They’ve been given a few inches thanks to spider-verse and getting cozy with Marvel but god damn it feels like they’re going to take few miles by doing this 

doesn’t sit right with me. 

No I get it, especially with Sony but Disney seems  to have strong hand with the films and if this will be the last solo outing of Spidey I can understand them trying to go big. Plus for Sony this brings all the good stuff into their own Sony Spider Verse which due to the popularity of the character they will always have control of in terms of films.

I mean you would have to pray for the collapse of both the PlayStation brand, Sony Music and Films to put them in the dire straits of Fox where they would sell back the franchise. I will take this moment to condemn the terrible management of Marvel comics even in bankruptcy you shouldn't have signed away your biggest brand for such a indefinite contract.

32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Once Endgame introduced time travel you knew he was coming. Kang is way above Ant-Man's weight class. He'll need the whole fam for this. 

I hope they don't fuck it up and make Kang a one off villain. When it comes to Marvel villains with personality and Avengers level power, after Dr. Doom and Thanos, Marvel kind of don't have too many with major stories to draw from.

1 minute ago, Wellman said:

I hope they don't fuck it up and make Kang a one off villain. When it comes to Marvel villains with personality and Avengers level power, after Dr. Doom and Thanos, Marvel kind of don't have too many with major stories to draw from.

I’ll still be forever salty about how they treated Ultron. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

If your talking about Iron Lad that's just a teenage Kang. 

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

and they expect casuals to be able to understand Kang. Dudes oriGin is like the 4 worst choose our own adventure books ever written but they’re all ongoing books from different writers 

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

131691796_10221894377182108_235928868334

Marvel and Sony, if Into the Spider Verse is an indication on future management and not just an anomaly due to being animated, has experience and likely can make this work. So there is hope.

But looking at it logically, we should definitely temper expectations down. Those are a lot of threads for a 2-2.5 hour movie to juggle especially given the current time frame and climate.