Stage Select

The PC Gaming Thread, no console peasants allowed

DarkSakul

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdIt was actually @misterBeethat said it. I just cosigned. It really is looking a like a bulldozer situation. Gen 11 is Bulldozer and Gen 10 is Phenom. Is the Gen 11 consistently better at anything in comparison to the Gen 10? Since the flagship is only 8 cores, even with IPC gains, it doesn't seem to offset the loss of 2 cores.

It's better at being a heater then gen 10. The amount of heat and power consumption it produces is insane. It seems at it's best Gen 11 hopes to match a Ryzen 5600 in gaming and that's a shame. It does a little better in production but Gen 10 still outperforms it.  

39 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's better at being a heater then gen 10. The amount of heat and power consumption it produces is insane. It seems at it's best Gen 11 hopes to match a Ryzen 5600 in gaming and that's a shame. It does a little better in production but Gen 10 still outperforms it.  

Just watched the HUB review on my lunch break. His conclusion was to buy the 10600K. It's basically the same performance, when overclocked, for less money than the 11600K.

Ended up getting the 10900.

Using a cobbled-together cooling solution (Cryorig C1 + NZXT 120mm fan), so I can't use the processor to its full potential.  However even with a healthy undervolt and some tweaked power limits it still almost doubles the performance of my old 1700 in Cinebench.

Stock z490 mobo settings were stupid.  Out of the box the board basically removes power limits and forces turbo clocks on all cores.  CPU hit over 100°C after 10 seconds in Cinebench.  Completely ignoring stock CPU settings like that out of the box seems irresponsible and dangerous, especially if the person who bought the board doesn't know what they're doing.

Now that I've turned off  that dumb stuff in the mobo settings things are much cooler and more reasonable.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

While Intel is still fucking up.....

If you ask me, Intel been fucking it up.for a long while. They are in just the beings 9f paying for it dearly. 

On 4/4/2021 at 5:18 PM, DarkSakul said:

If you ask me, Intel been fucking it up.for a long while. They are in just the beings 9f paying for it dearly. 

What's worse is that one of my long-time friends is none other than Kyle Bennett (formerly ran HardOCP, now is at Intel). He's part of all this shit for the current Intel processors, and I just wanna reach all the way back and slap the shit outta him.